Fashion Men | France | Photography | Rugby | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Dieux du Stade: Tricks and Treats

FrancoisRousseau/imm5

Francois Rousseau is a photographer whose work I have admired for a while, but I had yet to see these photos of the French Rugby team.

I published a piece on Rousseau written by Lewis Payton in a gay magazine I edited last year. Rousseau has done a few stunning series of male photographs centered around beauty and the water entitled Eden and Belle Etoile.

Since then he's been busy with two new series, Habibi and Kabuto. He's certainly a talent with amazing things on the way and I look forward to what he'll do in the future.

Rousseau said to Payton, "I am fascinated by the male body and want to capture its eroticism. Increasingly, I am drawn to shoot real people. And while Eden was very gentle and the guys were young and innocent, now I look more for strong, very masculine faces."

I'd say it doesn't get stronger and more masculine than this. Get a load of those lips on the first guy. Apparently there's a calendar available. If anyone knows where to get it, let me know.

ADDENDUM: I've been informed you can order the calendar on Amazon France.

FrancoisRousseau/imm4_1

Comments

1. great start of the week///

Posted by: arjanwrites | Oct 27, 2003 9:44:08 AM

2. Viva le France! Ces hommes sont beaux, merci Andy.

Posted by: brent | Oct 27, 2003 10:24:19 AM

3. i, too, like to "capture the eroticism"

Posted by: thomas | Oct 27, 2003 1:17:38 PM

4. Wow, you can totally see that guy's junk under that thin white cloth. Cool.

Posted by: OutOutBlogger | Oct 27, 2003 2:53:08 PM

5. I am not gay but I know what it's like to be thought odd or different. I have a foot fetish -- I love to suck on my girlfriend Lucy's toes. Also, sometimes I question my own masculinity -- thinking other men are more masculine than me.

I met Lucy at Starbucks and I am glad she does not judge me over my foot fetish. I also like older women -- I once fell in love with a 39-year-old nicknamed "celtic_frost_queen." So I am the last to judge gay people, since I myself am quirky.

Posted by: max_power08@yahoo.com | Oct 29, 2003 10:59:21 PM

6. Hello. Fantastic site. Does anyone know of a UK or US site that you can get the calendar or DVD? Rich

Posted by: richard dobbs | Nov 26, 2003 12:26:53 PM

7. can I chat with one of the gay men

Posted by: james | Apr 1, 2004 2:19:00 PM

8. tra

Posted by: t | Oct 22, 2004 12:27:50 PM

9. You can also order the calendar and DVD online in the US from A Different Light Books at

Posted by: Ken | Nov 16, 2004 7:31:03 PM

10. TLA video has the calendars and the "making of" DVDs. They should be a good buy.

Posted by: tundrahex | Nov 16, 2004 7:52:50 PM

11. ooo la la!

Posted by: amy | Jan 3, 2005 5:21:49 PM

12. Saw Rousseau's stuff for sale at "Art Miami" an international gallery exhibition in Miami last weekend - his stuff up close & in person is amazing. SO different than on your computer screen...however, that hasn't stopped me from right-clicking away every time I see one of his photos online (smile).

By the way, has his website changed..? I tried to go online today at the link you provided in your old 10/03 article, http://www.rousseau-photographe.com/ but it's not online...? Searched via Yahoo with no results too.

If you hear, let Towleroad readers know - thanks Andy!

Posted by: Mike P | Jan 12, 2005 7:13:26 PM

13. http://www.geocities.com/disownedbyparents/

I have posted as max_power and little_planting, and I have claimed that gays should embrace white nationalism.

Posted by: max_power08 | May 16, 2005 2:29:55 PM

14. To OutOutBlogger:

If your gay it doesn't mean your quirky and nasty just because you are.

Posted by: doesitmatter | Jun 30, 2005 4:35:55 AM

15. great book

Posted by: seti | Aug 26, 2005 9:42:06 PM

16. Fantastic site. Great art, everyone should enjoy it. Gay or Straight!

Posted by: Randy Lemmons | Sep 6, 2005 8:30:59 AM