Caught in the Act

courtneyAct/SFINAL4

This year’s Australian Idol featured a very unusual contestant. Miss Courtney Act, (as in “Caught in the Act”) had auditioned for the show the day before she was selected, as her non-drag entity Shane Jenek (both pictured above). Shane, who appears to have all the adorable earmarks of a Bel Ami boy, went back to the Austalian Idol auditions after being rejected the first day. The next day, Courtney arrived, and was promptly dragged into the competition.

The 21-year-old Aquarius says Courtney gets mistaken for Kylie Minogue. According to an interview Lewis Payton did with Australia’s DNA Magazine, Courtney’s favorite thing about the competition was “My tits in the “You don’t own me” dress.” She’s become quite the celebrity down under. She adds, “I was at a product launch this morning and had to drape a giant python around my neck. I was going to wear a snazzy snakeskin dress but I thought the snake might get the wrong idea.” We’d like to see Clay Aiken’s alter ego!

View the RealPlayer movie of Courtney singing “You Don’t Own Me.”

courtneyAct/SFINAL1 courtneyAct/SFINAL3

Comments

1. andrew says

courtney is bloody amazing and i must admit that i sing the song “u dont own me” around the house till the point i got bashed by my big bro.my brothers girlfriend caught me putting on my mums makeup and clothes. scream. yes i am gay and if i were to be a “gender illusionist” i would call myself chloe

2. ashley says

Andrew i fully support ur comments and its nice to be able to accecpt who u are and understand who u want to be. Australia is proud to support courtney and the way she portrays herself Eunae, courntey isnt a drag queen shes a gender illusionist theres a differnce. thnku. xoxoox mwwa

3. says

I think Courtney is both stunning and talented as is Shane. I’ve found that so few gender illusionists can sing (myself being one). I am waiting for her Rub Me Wrong to come out and I’ll buy a copy. For the record, yes I am a drag queen, no I can’t sing and yes I think that if she can, she deserves everything she gets. GO GIRL!

4. jay says

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW U R SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fukn hot bud aza chick and a dude WOW im not intellectually challenged by saying “WOW” all the time im just speachless buddy good on ya your fan JD. i saw u actually on sat night and congratulated u on your new film clip. dunno how this all works and stuff but im here on gaydar if u ever get this. wonder if u remember me http://www.gaydar.com.au/jay.d.85

5. Cock Sucker says

My arse stinks. So does yours, Courtney darling. Would you like me to lick it clean for you? Marry me you prostitute!!-and Shane ur a fukin hottie you can come along to our wedding and lick me dry…(if you want). So i forget…

6. Michaela says

Ahhh!!! I love Courtney!!! She is my saviour! If there is some kind of sick, twisted hell of a world without Courtney, I would rather die than exist in it. I sing Rub me Wrong so much that my big sister now knows all the words, and she practically has no idea who Shane is. By the way I’m Michaela, I’m 14, I am a girl and I’m not gay. or a drag queen. Well, duh.

7. Michaela says

8. says

9. says

hi,
    i just want to let you know that i am 16 but i would really like to model for you when i turn 18. just let me know what i have to start doing to prepare for you. i am willing to do a lot.
    colt