Anderson Cooper | Channing Tatum | Crime | Elsewhere | Film | India | South Africa

road.jpg A number of cars with rainbow flag stickers in Des Moines, Iowa have been targeted by vandals who scratched images of penises into the paint and attached photos of naked men to them with shaving cream. All the cars were owned by women. Police are treating the vandalism as a hate crime.

Channing_tatum_2road.jpg Channing Tatum puckers up for GQ.

road.jpg Although he has said recently he's through with music, George Michael has stepped out from behind the wheel to release a new single, called "An Easier Affair."

road.jpg Indian Prince Manvendrasinh Gohil is cut out of his inheritance rights and sent packing by his family after coming out to them: "I knew that they would never accept me for who I truly am, but I also knew that I could no longer live a lie. I wanted to come out because I had gotten involved with activism and I felt it was no longer right to live in the closet. I came out as gay to a Gujarati daily because I wanted people to openly discuss homosexuality since it's a hidden affair with a lot of stigma attached."

road.jpg Commission on Gender Equality: Guest house owners in Cape Town, South Africa have the right to cater exclusively to gay men.

road.jpg Stoli "gets real" with gays: vodka maker underwrites documentary looking at the lives of "real" gay men and lesbians.

road.jpg Anderson Cooper feeling stalked by fame: "I was at a book signing in New York and a clearly deranged woman approached, and she had a book, and she said, 'I can't afford this book but please read the note.' Clearly, she was a schizophrenic. Anyway, she left, the book signing was done, and as I go into my car - I have a security guy and he puts me in my car - she's sitting in my car. And they close the door, and I'm like, 'Oh.'"

Comments

1. Reading the article about Mr. Cooper reminds me why I call him or Mr. (hotter than a summer day is long) Gyllenhaal: I don't have a relationship with them. Why pretend by calling them by their first names?

Posted by: JT | Jun 26, 2006 3:21:05 PM

2. Kudos and respect to Prince Manvendrasinh Gohil for coming out. It's not easy to be gay in Indian culture (or Royal culture), but he has come out to be identified as such for a noble cause, losing his family and privilege in the process. I hope his decision and work he does for HIV/AIDS awareness makes his country and the world a better place.

Posted by: Ren B. | Jun 26, 2006 3:56:44 PM

3. Same here. The Prince is a real gay hero for this world.

Posted by: David | Jun 26, 2006 6:28:38 PM

4. I've listened to the new George Michael single twice and I'm already tired of it...

Posted by: Mike P. | Jun 26, 2006 9:32:35 PM

5. Wait - I don't understand something. Anderson Cooper has a security guy, and that guy failed to notice the woman in the car BEFORE he put Anderson in it? What if she had had a knife or a gun? Jeez, Anderson needs to fire that guy and get someone more observant.

Posted by: Jake | Jun 27, 2006 12:54:56 AM

6. On that Commission on Gender Equality link, just so you know the GLA over here in South Africa is a freak show, as far as anyone can tell, it is just one man with a fax machine, claiming to have hundreds of thousands of members from the gay community but refusing to disclose a list.

They (he) has repeatedly outraged the local gay community by supporting obviously anti-gay movements and public figures (e.g.: they officially congratulated President Mugabe when he was "democratically re-elected" in Zimbabwe last year.)

Legitimate gay and lesbian organisation in SA have repeatedly managed to publicly discredited the GLA but the media continues to give them a forum to publish their rubbish.

Case in point, the GLA suing gay only guest houses?

Posted by: Ben | Jun 27, 2006 5:41:01 AM

7. The link in the text above for Channing Tatum to GQ does NOT work -- it goes to the UGH, Pink Pages (why do they have to obscure perfectly handsome photos with HUGE UGLY PINK TYPE? not to mention . . . the damn web page is difficult to read, pink on black is a graphic designer's nightmare for legibility -- tiresome on the eyes! Everytime I get a link to PINK from here I SCREEEEEM BLOODY MURDER!!!! Andy, why do you do it? Aren't there ENUFF witless scandle/celebrity nonsense pages in the internet world?

Sorry for the rant, but . . . would be nice to see the GQ page show up!!!!
    I DO LOVE TOWLEROAD -- best source of news and info and eye candy for the gay male on the web. THANK YOU ANDY for all the loving work you put into it!

Posted by: Erikzed | Jun 27, 2006 3:56:23 PM

8. Can we get a picture posted of that Indian Prince?

Posted by: Todd Marsh | Aug 30, 2006 2:39:40 PM