Ian Thorpe | Los Angeles | Real Estate | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Ian Thorpe's Hollywood Hills Home

Thorpe_hollywood_1

Aussie Olympian Ian Thorpe has set up home in the Hollywood Hills, purchasing a $1.17 million pied-a-terre above Sunset Boulevard. The Advertiser caught him descending from it in a private elevator: "The brown 1970s timber home with a large balcony has valley views and can hardly been seen from the dirt road below or neighbouring houses. Thorpe's super secure mountain retreat is surrounded by trees and the swimming champion has chosen a very private neighbourhood to call home with trees, lifts, fences and walls protecting the well-to-do residents from prying eyes. Despite its secluded location, Thorpe's home is just a short drive from the nightlife of West Hollywood."

Thorpe recently bought in L.A. because he wanted a new place to get in shape and perhaps get a new perspective on his business ventures, which some say are languishing. Said the Thorpedo: "I'm just here to train. I'm just doing my thing."

You may have missed...
Ian Thorpe to Retire in 2008 [tr]
It's All About the Uniform [tr]
Is Olympic Swimmer Ian Thorpe a Label Queen? [tr]

Comments

1. "just a short drive from the nightlife of West Hollywood..."

Ha, very subtle.

Posted by: GBM | Jul 10, 2006 1:43:21 PM

2. He is on some stupid Japanese commerical over here for a drink brand called Torpedo. Interesting commercial, wish I could share a pic. They make him say Torpedo like "Thorpedo" though, so it's a little funny. Oh other people who ventured to Japan to do commercials (that i've seen) Meg Ryan for a coffee brand, and Leonardo DiCaprio for Hybrid Cars. Tom Cruise was over here too, and seems no one has heard the gay rumors, women still find him sexy, and men want to be him, hahaha.. no, seriously

Posted by: Scott A | Jul 10, 2006 2:18:17 PM

3. Good grief... Ian Thorpe's body is sheer perfection. Wow. If some sculptor doesn't immortalize that in marble, it'll be a travesty.

Posted by: Brian | Jul 10, 2006 2:56:11 PM

4. hope he finds some peace-of-mind away from australia... he deserves some peace and downtime.

Posted by: A.J. | Jul 10, 2006 3:02:06 PM

5. Then Hollywood Hills is a bad choice for some peace and quiet then. It's not as if he can put on a hat, a pair of glasses and sorta blend in with the masses.

Posted by: gabe | Jul 10, 2006 3:18:56 PM

6. Thorpe's house = the house from Barbary Lane, no?

Cool looking pad, and the bod isn't bad either!

Posted by: Sean R | Jul 10, 2006 7:04:08 PM

7. UGLY

Posted by: Davide | Jul 10, 2006 7:32:23 PM

8. Davide, I totally agree----ICH!!!!!

Posted by: John | Jul 10, 2006 11:56:41 PM

9. Gabe, I live in the Hollywood Hills (right around the corner from Ian actually), and I can assure you it is very, very quiet in this area. Besides, he won't get much attention in this area because the neighbors are folks like Tobey Maguire, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brittany Murphy, Paris Hilton, Scott Caan, etc... Ian will barely register a glance in these parts. However, as soon as he goes on vacation I will be installing the closed-circuit televisions so that I monitor his bedroom/bathroom/pool.

Posted by: peterparker | Jul 11, 2006 1:16:13 AM

10. Why is everyone so crazy about some Aussie swimmer? I mean, aside from the fact that he's gorgeous, rich, and an Olympic champion. LOL Nevermind.

Peter, set me up with those feeds when you get the cams installed!

Posted by: Jay Croce | Jul 11, 2006 8:25:21 AM

11. Cool!! Thorpedo comes to the U.S. obviously to take advantage of the poor little papparazzi's!! LOL

Posted by: talldarkman | Jul 16, 2006 4:21:56 PM

12. Hollywood. So that's where the bastard got off to. Anybody wanna contribute to my Paypal account so I can go to America and stalk my boy? Sincerely, Daniel Macpherson

Posted by: D.M. | Mar 31, 2007 6:24:44 PM