Film | Jake Gyllenhaal | Lance Armstrong | Sports

Jake Gyllenhaal to play Lance Armstrong

Jake5_1_1The mystery behind Jake's sudden appearance alongside Tour de France legend Lance Armstrong is now clear: Jake is looking to play Armstrong in an upcoming biopic, according to Deadline Hollywood Daily: "Obviously the Tour's assistance, while not required, would be helpful to the bio-pic. Gyllenhaal and Armstrong have become pals during Jake's method process to get to know the sports legend. The actor of Brokeback Mountain and Jarhead fame is even a long-time cyclist and has begun training for the film." This most likely means we're due to see Jake in a lot more spandex.

And how 'bout a big shout out to Floyd Landis for winning the Tour de France. What a story, what a turnaround: "So astounding was the turnaround that race director Jean-Marie Leblanc, who has overseen this event 18 years, called it 'the best performance in the modern history of the Tour.'"

You may have missed...
Jake and Lance Hit the Tour de France [tr]
Jake's Back: More of the BFF Overload [tr]
The Gyllenhaal McConaughey Armstrong Trio [tr]

Comments

1. While I welcome any project that will have Jake wearing shorts or riding shirtless, he doesn't seem like the type to portray Lance Armstrong. Jake's a good enough actor but .... wait, a LANCE ARMSTRONG MOVIE? WTF?

Posted by: mark | Jul 24, 2006 9:35:34 AM

2. Does this mean Jake will have to shave his chest to play Lance?

Posted by: Tim | Jul 24, 2006 9:52:07 AM

3. I agree with the surprise of a Lance Armstrong bio-pic. At least this keeps my secret crush on Jake alive (oh wait, I guess it isn't so secret anymore). Thanks for the update.

Posted by: Richard | Jul 24, 2006 9:59:12 AM

4. I am very disappointed. Matt Damon was suppose to play the role, as announced last year after Lance won the TdF. He is so much hotter the Jake, and a much stronger cyclist.

Posted by: Marshall Lee | Jul 24, 2006 10:48:40 AM

5. I'm just intrigued about the whether there will be a body double for the testicles.

Posted by: JT | Jul 24, 2006 11:16:42 AM

6. Marshall Lee, while taste in actors is subjective (I think Jake is much better looking than Matt) what evidence is there that Matt Damon is a stronger cyclist? Jake has been biking for a long, long time and even Lance has said he is an extremely strong cyclist. Never heard that about Matt.

Posted by: TS | Jul 24, 2006 11:24:29 AM

7. Just remember, wearing spandex is a privilege, not a right. Jake's certainly earned it!

Posted by: kansastock | Jul 24, 2006 2:23:53 PM

8. Hey guys,
    Hope everybody is havin' a super day out there.
    I have been havin' some trouble trying to post about David Beckham in his white shorts. The computer won't let me post for some strange reason.
    I just wanted to say that even though Mr. Beckham is a str8 footballer in England, I would sure like to date him- heh heh. I think he is just a doll.
    Everybody pray for peace...
    Tab