AIDS/HIV | Anderson Cooper | Boy George | Hillary Clinton | Iran | Jeremy Piven | News | Republican Party

News: Hillary Exorcism, Iran AIDS Drug, Jeremy Piven

road.jpg Another gem from the new Karl Rove book: "Soon after Rove moved into his new office in the West Wing, previously occupied by Hillary Clinton, he invited three top Catholic priests to conduct a ceremony to purge the room of evil spirits. 'It was an actual liturgical ceremony,' says participant Deal Hudson. 'We sat at the table, we prayed. A priest said a series of prayers, including a blessing.'

Mahmoudahmadinejadroad.jpg Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claims Tehran scientists have developed "AIDS containment" drug, whatever that means...

road.jpg Arnold Schwarzenegger cozies up to GOP by "vetoing a measure that would have banned homophobic comments from school textbooks and curricula." However, that's not enough for conservatives, who want him to veto two additional upcoming bills: "One of those measures would require school districts to adopt policies that prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of sexual orientation. Districts that didn't comply could lose state funds. The second measure would pay 10 schools $25,000 each to create pilot programs that teach tolerance."

road.jpg Anderson Cooper interned at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia during his time at Yale: "He has kept the experience a secret, sources say, out of concern that, if widely known, it might compromise his ability to travel in foreign countries and even possibly put him at greater risk from terrorists. 'He doesn't want to be any more of a target than he already is,' says one Anderson confidante."

Waxing_1road.jpg Look who's waxing...

road.jpg Boy George "quite enjoyed" his stint as a New York street cleaner, according to the BBC: "At first I thought I would have to wear an orange boiler suit. I don't look good in orange or a boiler suit with my short legs. People were jumping out of manholes to see me and being really nice. The trick is just to do your job. You get tea breaks and stuff. It can be a real laugh. New York is so clean now you could eat your dinner off its streets."

Comments

1. I'm usually the last person who would claim somebody was hotter 10 years ago than they are now since I like 'em a little older.

But poor Piven - he really was hot with his receding hairline and body full of hair. Now he just looks so bland...and like he's trying really hard. Poor guy.

Posted by: Rey | Sep 7, 2006 11:00:15 AM

2. Piven - STOP WAXING!

Posted by: sam | Sep 7, 2006 11:08:20 AM

3. Piven is still a hottie, but he needs to quit the man-scaping.

As for Iran, the new "drug" is called a bullet. It's inserted between the eyes of the patient by a "high powered mechanism" and then the patient no longer has to worry about AIDS... or anything else for that matter.

Posted by: Wayne | Sep 7, 2006 11:11:56 AM

4. If Anderson truly told a _confidante_ that he worked for the CIA, then he needs to confide in more trustworthy people.

Posted by: Marcinho | Sep 7, 2006 11:22:09 AM

5. Wait, I hear the thundering hooves and flapping white sheets of the "girlie men" Repugnants rushing to defend der Arnold's latest gay bashing. They'll say once again that he's signed more gay-friendly bills than any other governor—without pointing out that he's been presented with more gay-friendly bills than any other governor. And, how, publicly at least, he stopped using the term "faggot" years ago, or at least no one's caught it on film again. And, well, he's not really pandering once again to the American Taliban to strengthen his steady march to the White House—he's just honoring existing law—even tho he would have to get an existing law changed to put the son of a certified Austrian Nazi with vivid fake memories of Soviet tanks in the Oval Office.

And, how he really doesn't agree with those Fag Bashers for Jesus who oppose any public school policies that would inhibit their religious freedom to terrorize girlie boys and tom boys even though he hired one of their leaders to gather their votes for his reelection campaign—only to shit can him a few days later when that Faustian contract was revealed. But, thanks, in part, to donations from gay Republicans, The Equivocator will be back, and back, and back again. "You can fool some of the people all of the time."

Posted by: Leland | Sep 7, 2006 11:28:35 AM

6. See, my Iranian President Boyfriend (simply the *dreamiest* despot, evah!!!) isn't all bad. When he's not hating the Jews, the U.S., and gays -- he's developing miraculous AIDS vaccines.

Seriously, Mahmoud: call me!

Posted by: Mike | Sep 7, 2006 11:43:27 AM

7. Yeah, I was going to suggest that the Iranian AIDS "containment" thingy was a noose, but a bullet works too!

AS cozies up to the GOP?? Isn't he in the GOP? I think he's cozying up to the right wing to fund his re-election. No chance of him ever becoming Prez though.

Priven is also containing AIDS by keeping all men (and perhaps women too) away with his grooming habits (ha ha).

Posted by: Anon | Sep 7, 2006 12:03:27 PM

8. Anderson Cooper certainly fits my idea of an undercover agent.

Posted by: Ron | Sep 7, 2006 12:09:50 PM

9. hmmmm i think the "husky" piven is hot, hairy or smooth ;-)

Posted by: Scott | Sep 7, 2006 12:22:01 PM

10. Amen, Scott! If Piven is "husky" then sign me up for the pork platter! I like a lot of guys on here that others seem to poo-poo...

Careful guys...rule out too many dudes and you end up 35 and not having sex anymore!

Posted by: Lubridan | Sep 7, 2006 12:33:21 PM

11. Piven looks ok. I liked him better with the fur, though. Less 'scaped.
    And the Iranian president is scary. I can't believe he actually mentioned the word AIDS. Being the xenophobic homophobe he is, I agree with the guys here when they say that the 'containment' treatment would probably include some lead in it.

Posted by: xavier | Sep 7, 2006 1:02:27 PM

12. PEOPLE THAT THINK PIVEN IS HOT WILL GO AFTER ANY MAN. You people need to develop standards. One word: repulsive.

Arnold needs a c*ck up the arse, big time.

The story about Karl Rove shows you how crazy republicans and religious people are.

I'm glad Boy George enjoyed community service. He turned a negative into a positive.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 7, 2006 1:42:39 PM

13. Jack, bitter much?

Posted by: Wayne | Sep 7, 2006 2:00:20 PM

14. I agree Wayne. Jack did you not see the pictures of Boy george giving the finger to the press when they showed up for his first day of service? He relied on the press to make himself then got pissed when he hit the bottom, if this is his bottom.

As for Piven, he's not my type or many peoples type, but you are a bit harsh on those who like him. Standards are not an exclusive right sir.

You did at least get it right about Rove. He's a nut as are many in the Church. Plus what is that BS about his step dad being a fag?

Posted by: pbnyc59 | Sep 7, 2006 3:49:42 PM

15. Wayne, no I'm not bitter. I just have to counter some of the idiocy. Nobody seems to have my perspective. And I'm usually right, unfortunately people only realize that after the fact. I can't help it. :)

Posted by: Jack | Sep 7, 2006 3:50:27 PM

16. PBNYC59, Boy George was upset that the press was getting in the way of his community service. He had to be moved to a parking lot so he could get something done. He was pretty friendly and seemed not to mind doing community service once he was moved.

I apologize to the people that like Piven. It was a bit harsh and everyone has their type. But it's getting very sickening when every straight man is worshiped while gay men are mocked on this blog.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 7, 2006 3:58:45 PM

17. Do we know for sure that Piven is straight?

Posted by: Lubridan | Sep 7, 2006 4:07:37 PM

18. Jack, you lost me and then your last comment won me back. It's true that gay men get far more criticism on this site. I don't think that's reason to go after Piven lovers. Singling out straight men for ridicule is just the other side of the same coin.

Posted by: mark m | Sep 8, 2006 9:28:47 AM

19. The Democratic legislatures in California have sent to Governor Schwarzenegger a bill authorizing $25,000 to each school that promotes tolerance. Are our schools so dysfunctional that they must be bribed in order to teach a fundamental principle of a pluralistic liberal democracy? I urge Schwarzenegger to make his veto an opportunity to show how pathetic our educational system is! If our schools cannot be persuaded voluntarily to teach a basic liberal principle that undergirds our pluralistic democratic society, then the problem is much deeper than this bribe. And if the Democrats cannot make this point in their own political campaigns, then deferral to the educational system for their own deficiencies argues they are not fit to legislate.

Posted by: The Gay Species | Sep 8, 2006 2:58:12 PM

20. Mark M, I'm not attracted to him but as I've said before it was a bit harsh and I apologize.

Schools are a mess. That's the long and the short of it.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 8, 2006 4:58:17 PM