Boy George | Film | France | George W. Bush | Josh Holloway | Matthew Fox | News | Television

News: Matthew Fox, Boy Scouts, Dianne Feinstein, Poltergay

road.jpg Bill O'Reilly: "You cannot be confrontational with the President of the United States."

Foxroad.jpg Matthew Fox would rather leave the whole beefcake thing to Josh Holloway, he says, leaning back into his best flexed-bicep come-hither pose.

road.jpg After a case involving use of a marina in Berkeley, California is turned down by the Supreme Court, the AP notes that the Boy Scouts of America are fighting and losing legal battles over their discriminatory policies. California's State Supreme Court ruled in March that the marina had the right to revoke the Scouts' usage privileges based on the city's anti-discrimination laws.

road.jpg VF on red states vs blue states: "If the blue states are sinkholes of moral decay, as right-wing pundits insist, how come red states lead the nation in violent crime, divorce, illegitimacy, and incarceration, among other evils?"

Feinsteinroad.jpg Senator Dianne Feinstein shows off her technique...for fundraising.

road.jpg The new season of top chef premieres on October 18th and features openly gay chef Carlos Hernandez, who offers AfterElton, among other things, the recipe for a successful 13-year relationship: "We live together, we work together and we vacation together, so we see a lot of each other. I guess the secret has to be respect. If the respect is taken for granted, then everything just goes downhill. It also helps that he’s in the front of the house and I’m in the back of the house, so we are separated in some sort some of the time."

road.jpg Seems the only publicity Boy George can seem to get these days is when he's picking up trash or trashing others.

road.jpg Poltergay: the gay French cinematic answer to Halloween.

Comments

1. Sounds to me like Boy is just telling it like it is for him, and what he thinks of other celebs, no holds barred. Big deal. Who is this "Dino" character to pass judgement on what Boy George should be doing with his energies? "Dino" is the trash talker, not George.

Posted by: Rascal | Oct 17, 2006 1:24:15 PM

2. Bill O'Lielly is such a tool.

Posted by: me | Oct 17, 2006 1:29:55 PM

3. Josh & Josh didn't write that quote. Vanity Fair did. At least give credit where credit is due.

Posted by: Anita Woodward | Oct 17, 2006 1:30:30 PM

4. BTW, Chef Carlos' food is yummy. He and his partner run a top notch restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.

Posted by: Josh Raso | Oct 17, 2006 2:06:51 PM

5. Chef Carlos' words are absolutely true. When people ask me how my husband and I have maintained our 15 year relationship I always tell them it comes down to one word.

They will invariably ask, "Love?"

And I will answer, "No, RESPECT!"

Though I love my husband with all my heart, it's our respect for each other as individuals, our respect for our relationship and our respect for our family that keeps us together.

I've known people who claim to "love" each other but they clearly have no respect for each other. Their relationships never last. I know others who show very little romance to each other but they have total respect for each other. Their relationships survive the hills AND valleys of life.

I’m so darned lucky to have found both love (romance) and respect with my ole man.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T:

Find it, grow it, live it and show it, and you will be able to commit to the love of your life for life.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 17, 2006 4:07:04 PM

6. Is it just me or was the most noteworthy part of the Boy George article the fact that Andy linked to a site that seems more intrested in ridiculing, and being revolted by, gays and gay sex? We already knew George is a nasty bitter old queen with no career....

Posted by: John | Oct 17, 2006 6:53:14 PM

7. What's really O'Reilly's views on homosexuality, except the part of marriage?

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 17, 2006 7:11:15 PM

8. Please, answer me.

Posted by: anonymous | Oct 17, 2006 10:03:25 PM

9. Anonymous, I don't know what O'Reilly's view on homosexuality are and since I disagree with 99% of his views I don't care to waste the time to find out.

I would imagine he feels the same way about gay people having sex as he does about gay people getting married. It's perfectly OK with him as long as they do it with someone of the opposite sex.

I think he has a website where you would have a better chance of finding the definitive answer to your question.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 18, 2006 12:52:29 PM

10. Make that "...O'Reilly's VIEWS..."

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 18, 2006 12:55:09 PM

11. John, agreed. The Boy George link was to an obviously homophobic blog. If we're going to witness Boy being a bitch I'd rather it be a gay friendly site where the analysis will be fair and non judgmental.. er, uh, nevermind.

Posted by: Mark M | Oct 18, 2006 4:29:07 PM