Advertising | AIDS/HIV | Germany | Health | News

German "Don't Lose Your Head" AIDS Campaign Means to Shock

DlyhA new German campaign promoting condom usage that warns "It's easy to lose your head when you're horny" is raising eyebrows. It's also fairly creepy.

The campaign features a series of images of headless torsos in sexual positions. View the gay image after the jump. It's not necessarily SFW.

Loseyourhead

View the entire campaign here.

Here's a clip of the hetero TV campaign:

Comments

1. I'll tell you what's creepy...it's that sink shaped like a bedpan in the top photo. Eeeeuuwww. The mere suggestion of using the sink for a urinal reminds me of my ex. Now my day is ruined.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 25, 2006 10:54:18 AM

2. Yeah, creepy, but if it gets the word out then more power to it.
    Vergessen ist ansteckend: forgetting is infectious

Posted by: LiamOg | Oct 25, 2006 11:11:28 AM

3. I think the Jimmy Dean breakfast ad is just as creepy.

Posted by: Marshall Lee | Oct 25, 2006 11:12:19 AM

4. God, I love European bathrooms....

Posted by: Becks07 | Oct 25, 2006 11:21:11 AM

5. "If you forget to use a condom, I'll pee in your sink."

"AAAAGGGHHH! NOOOOOOOOO! I PROMISE, I'll NEVER EVER EVER HAVE SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM AGAIN!"

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Oct 25, 2006 11:22:29 AM

6. SFW? Pardon my ignorance, but huh?

Posted by: robert shaffron | Oct 25, 2006 11:23:09 AM

7. SFW=Safe for Work
    NSFW=Not Safe for Work

Welcome to the internets! :)

Posted by: chrisb | Oct 25, 2006 11:26:18 AM

8. Robert, I didn't know either. On behalf of myself and the other low-tech rednecks here, I'm glad you asked.

And Thanks ChrisB for bringing us up to speed.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 25, 2006 2:06:01 PM

9. In my opinion, the ad is VERY creepy.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 25, 2006 2:07:54 PM

10. I love it that the first thing I noticed was the sink, and then read the comments and it was the first comment. Bedpan sinks are NSFH. (not safe for home)

Posted by: Dan B | Oct 25, 2006 2:41:04 PM

11. This and the L.A. "shock" campaigns expose their desparation, and shifted from education to fear, in what they obviously believe is the only way to "reach" their audiences. Both suggest gay men are irrational brutes who "loose their heads" when it comes to their next f**k. I truly hope this isn't true, but I'm afraid I know some dudes who fit this profile too well, and worse, would not be affected by either campaign or even stronger "shocks." Ultimately, I suspect, individual must confront individual and apprize each other of the mutual humanity, responsibilities, and caring. Unfortunately, even a "few" that don't care are "few" too many.

Posted by: The Gay Species | Oct 25, 2006 3:02:11 PM

12. I wonder if they have lost the heads of the penis as well.

Posted by: Norm | Oct 26, 2006 12:08:48 AM

13. But you hear the girl gasp for air

but there's no head, oh and where's the gay video commercial?

Posted by: steve | Oct 27, 2006 2:14:08 AM