Ian Thorpe Back to Stroking It in Sydney

Thorpedo_5

The Australian Olympian is back in training mode, emerging from the water in Port Hacking, just south of Sydney. After a sojourn in Los Angeles, Thorpe is looking to get back in competitive shape. The swimmer was criticized while in L.A. for what some saw as a lazy, extravagant break. Says his former coach: “It doesn’t matter what anyone says, the public will expect him to be at the top.”

And if anything can get him there, it’s those long arms and gigantic feet.

Perhaps you missed…
Ian Thorpe: Gay Rumors No Big Deal [tr]
Ian Thorpe Under the Magnifying Glass [tr]

Comments

1. JT says

Taking my cue from the last sentence in the first paragraph: he can certainly be on top any time he wants! I love the new Ian. His time in LA was well spent.

2. Zeke says

No wonder he swims so damned fast; he’s got built in flippers!!

Lovin the body; ESPECIALLY the feet! Unashamed foot freak here.

I have to admit that his head looks freakishly small compared to his gargantuan body.

3. Scott A says

When I read the comment about size 17 feet I thought maybe somehow a kangaroo got caught up in all that? Eh? No? I thought it was funny… but yea, what about that head. I thought shrinkage only occurred downstairs.

4. CLIFF says

CLEARLY, HE’S NOT GOING TO BE CONCENTRATING ON THE LONGER EVENTS (400 AND 800 METER FREESTYLE;HE’S PUT ON AT LEAST 20 LBS, AND PROBABLY WILL BE ENTERING 50, 100 AND 200 FREE EVENTS;HE’S BULKED UP QUITE A BIT, SINCE TWO YEARS AGO.

5. Bill says

This is a healthy looking man! We know he can handle himself physically, so that makes him all the more appealing. He’s also a good looking man in that he is not the pretty boy. Wouldn’t it be nice to make him happy in bed.

6. stevo says

I have to stop reading the comments for pictures like this. I got a nice little man-candy thrill when I saw it and then I read all the bitchy comments and totally lost altitude.