Film | Mickey Rourke | New York

Mickey Rourke Okay with "Fag" Slurs

In a recent interview with New York's Time Out magazine, once relevant Mickey Rourke recounted an incident reported on Page Six in which he was supposedly hassled by a drunk at a downtown restaurant. Obviously, Rourke has a few masculinity issues:

Rourkemugshot

"That guy was screaming at the top of his lungs. Then he wants me to shake his hand. I said, 'You’re drunk. I’m not gonna shake your hand.' But he kept pressing the issue, so I told the owner, 'If he touches me, I’m gonna punch him in his fuckin’ mouth.' So the waiters tossed him out. He was really, really out of control—some big fuckin’ obnoxious fag. I don’t mean fag in a derogatory way—just like the guy was a jerk-off. Look, I’m not afraid to say the word fag. I’m not gonna walk on glass because maybe some dude is gonna be offended if I say the word fag. I’ve got plenty of gay friends. We toss the word around. If I wanna say fag, I’m gonna fuckin’ say it. And if somebody has a problem with that, they can kiss my fuckin’ ass!"

Pure class, as usual.

(via cityrag)

Comments

1. Mickey,

Don't you remember cruising me in Palm Springs? I know it was nearly 20 years ago but I'm sure you still like suckin' fag dick.

Posted by: 90sTwink | Oct 10, 2006 3:13:24 PM

2. Wow, what happened to his face?

He looks like Kate Hepburn.

Posted by: dc-20008 | Oct 10, 2006 4:13:32 PM

3. He looks like the joker from Batman.

Posted by: Norm | Oct 10, 2006 6:34:09 PM

4. He looks like Vincent Price in House of Wax.

Posted by: Ron | Oct 10, 2006 8:24:43 PM

5. Fashion Alert: You know you are in the presence of a TRUE Style Icon when someone uses his shades as hairband.

Posted by: just sayin' | Oct 10, 2006 9:33:25 PM

6. i dont find his use of the word "fag" offensive. it's his attitude about it that completely despises me. the whole thing about people saying they're not going to walk on eggshells because other people are hypersensitive is complete bullshit. it's not about being PC. it's about being a decent person. in any case, i hope he has that same attitude about the word "nigger" and chooses to express himself in east oakland. i dont think he'd mind walking on eggshells there.

Posted by: superjosh | Oct 11, 2006 3:44:05 AM

7. Mickey Who????

Posted by: steve | Oct 11, 2006 6:48:40 AM

8. aw, mickey rourke is a sweet mess. i bet he does have a lot of fag friends and im not in the least offended by that comment. at least he didnt punch the guy!!

Posted by: mickeymouse | Oct 11, 2006 9:49:43 AM

9. ANY BODY!!! WHO FALLS APART AFTER BEING CALLED A 'WORD'!! ISN"T MAYBE EQUAL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

ANYBODY WHO FLIPS OUT OVER BEING CALLED A FAG IS A FAG!!!

Posted by: Talldarkman | Oct 15, 2006 12:09:39 PM