George Michael | Great Britain | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Stoned Behind the Wheel: George Michael Rides Again

George Michael has been found by police slumped in a car in a cannabis haze, for the third time in eight months:

Mercedes_1"His latest scrape came just after 3.20am yesterday. Police received calls about a car causing an obstruction at the junction of Cricklewood Lane with Hendon Way, North West London. They found the "Careless Whisper" singer’s Mercedes stationary at the lights. A source said: 'An officer saw George slumped in his seat in a semi-conscious state. He was helped out of the car and an ambulance was called because there were real concerns for him.' A small amount of cannabis was found on George."

Michael_concertThere was optimism that Michael had begun to escape the negative attention lavished upon him after the aforementioned incidents as he opened his first concert tour in 20 years last week.

That concert featured a brash political statement involving a British bulldog fellating American President George Bush.

George must return to court on November 20 to see if he will face charges.

Previously
Video: George Michael To Sue Photographers, Stranger [tr]
Will George Michael Please Shut Up [tr]
George Michael: I'm Not Ashamed [tr]
Kenny to George Michael: Engagement is Off [tr]
Tab: George Michael Sex Cruise on Hampstead Heath [tr]

Comments

1. George is turning into the gay Paris Hilton. More popular for what he is caught doing than for anything else. This man needs to get his act together. And yet it is so tragic that one can't help looking.

Posted by: Gabriel | Oct 2, 2006 11:33:10 AM

2. People who can't hold their smoke should stay home and have the pizza delivered. Why do I have to be the voice of reason all the time? Common sense, people.

Posted by: Brian | Oct 2, 2006 11:37:43 AM

3. This really doesn't seem to be a cannibis thing as much as a GHB thing. I've seen idiots nodding off while in a conversation on that stuff.

Posted by: Rey | Oct 2, 2006 11:41:28 AM

4. Really, George?

Cruising is one thing. It's arguably legit to say "I cruise and so do many other gay men and it's a private matter." The "leave me alone and let me live my life!" line doesn't really work when you pass out from illicit drugs in the middle of the road.

Posted by: gander | Oct 2, 2006 11:41:58 AM

5. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I'm at the point now where I want to say a prayer everyday for George Michael to just spontaneously combust.

Posted by: Pompeius | Oct 2, 2006 11:43:17 AM

6. Seriously? ... Seriously? ... Pot doesn't make you pass out spontaneously, GHB on the other hand... This boy is a mess. Any one with a brain would have checked themselves into a rehab clinic a long time ago, and not started a world tour at the low point of their life/career. If I were his PR people (thankfully I am not) I'd jump ship before this titanic sings a tune it can't carry...

Posted by: Cory | Oct 2, 2006 11:48:47 AM

7. UUmmm, mmm, mm. That is one hot ride.

Posted by: Crixi Van Cheek | Oct 2, 2006 12:04:19 PM

8. Why is that jackass continually allowed a driver's license? Is it going to take him killing someone to have it revoked? Dumbass!

Posted by: Michael W. | Oct 2, 2006 12:11:42 PM

9. yes, it doesn't look good; but the concerts in BCN & MAD were fantastic. Great fun, funky sometimes, very emotional some other & very "out & proud" all the time.

Posted by: Pablo | Oct 2, 2006 12:13:17 PM

10. Vehicular Narcolepsy...it IS a pop star disease.

Posted by: Marshall Lee | Oct 2, 2006 12:37:39 PM

11. not clear to me how crusing in public place is a private thing - but whatever.

why doesn't anyone who cares about this guy, get him some help? if ben affleck, robin williams (who apparently is off the wagon again) and countless others can face thier issues, he can to. where is the bf/fiance? shopping?

Posted by: hoya86 | Oct 2, 2006 3:23:37 PM

12. Kenny - the b/f - was gettng him a Big Mac - 'cos Georgey had the munchies see..

Posted by: cypher | Oct 3, 2006 8:55:19 AM