Daniel Craig | Film | News

Daniel Craig: Hottest Bond Ever?

Daniel_craig_shirtless_2

What a slab. The Guardian has a great piece on the new, buffed up James Bond:

"...Craig has made himself iconic in the most familiar way. He is simply demonically sexy. The frame of the movie where he emerges from the sea in those clinging trunks is so scorchingly hot I feel embarrassed watching it, even when alone. It has been used as the key piece of pre-publicity on the movie, and with good reason. Good film directors recognise gold dust when they see it. This is the kind of image that even straight men can't peel their eyes from...The traditional term for all this is 'homo-erotica'. But that's not quite right here. Craig in his swimming trunks has cemented the emergence of a new type of adoration of the male form. This is hetero-erotic, too."

Daniel Craig's gay appeal has to have been helped by his role in the recent Truman Capote biopic Infamous (even though he played a killer) in which he planted a kiss on the lips of Brit actor Toby Jones. And a recent quote from his Bond co-star Judi Dench certainly hasn't hurt. Said Dench of Craig's sizable appendage: "It's an absolute monster! Maybe I shouldn't have said that. How uncouth of me!"

Casino Royale is certainly the first Bond movie I've looked forward to in quite some time.

Daniel_craig

You may have missed...
Toby Jones and Daniel Craig's Infamous Kiss [tr]
Daniel Craig: Gays on Board with New Bond [tr]

Comments

1. Yeah, he's insanely hot, a real man's man, not a metrosexual, preening fop.

Jury's out on his dick size though. Looks nicely plump here:

...but the shot of him nude in Layer Cake at the end, well, let's just say MAJOR SHRINKAGE.

Posted by: Art | Nov 17, 2006 1:12:15 PM

2. Daniel Craig is most definitely the hottest Bond yet.

And we all know how he likes it:
    Shaken, not stirred!

Posted by: oh yea | Nov 17, 2006 1:21:41 PM

3. The answer is YES. And he even wears a swimsuit well.

Posted by: Made In Brazil | Nov 17, 2006 1:31:10 PM

4. Craig has a fantastic body, and he's good looking, for sure... but not in the charming, devilishly handsome way that Connery and Brosnan were.

I think he looks great, but he just doesn't have that 007 look, IMO.

Posted by: Rich | Nov 17, 2006 1:34:26 PM

5. I saw the film a few weeks ago and there's a torture sequence in which a nude Craig is tied to a bottomless chair while his genitals are lashed with a knotted rope. It's the sexiest scene in a film this holiday movie season! Craig is the best Bond ever.

Posted by: Jeremy | Nov 17, 2006 1:39:51 PM

6. Nah. He looks like somebody Rocky Balboa pummeled one time too many. The lack of a top lip seems to give him a permanent scowl. Beady eyes too. The body leaves the face eating its dust. Even the theme song to this flick is an attempt to de-glamorize the character and appeal to straight men. As if saving the world with gadgets built into your cuff links is believable in the first place.

Posted by: 000000 | Nov 17, 2006 1:41:26 PM

7. I so agree with Rich, there's no way he'd be classified as hot when Sean Connery, as old as he is now, is still alive...I wonder why didn't they cast Hugh Jackman for the role...

Posted by: Shabaka | Nov 17, 2006 1:44:01 PM

8. A great (and seemingly overlooked) little film is Love is the Devil, in which Craig plays Francis Bacon's roughtrade lover. There is a terrific shot of Craig naked in a bathtub, seen from above, that shows he is in no way genitally deficient.

Posted by: David H | Nov 17, 2006 1:45:56 PM

9. I find Craig plenty appealing. But that first pic of him makes him look like a troll doll, or one of those voodoo shrunken heads. Not his best look despite all the muscles.

Posted by: Perceive | Nov 17, 2006 1:46:19 PM

10. Sean Connery is a huge homophobe, so that kind of kills his sexuality for me.

Posted by: wtf | Nov 17, 2006 1:52:21 PM

11. Hottest Bond ever? i think so.

But he does not look British, he looks Russian. Maybe he's a Double Agent, planted long ago, who now has to play it straight since the Soviet Union is gone. And yes, I have further fantasies!

I hope his voice isn't too British -- it won't help in my fantasy.

Posted by: jessejames | Nov 17, 2006 2:06:36 PM

12. What is the equivalent masculine term for "butter face"??

Posted by: Crizzazy | Nov 17, 2006 2:11:42 PM

13. I'm in great shape and yet I feel oddly ashamed about my body when I look at the perfection that is Daniel Craig. I said it once, and I'll say it again: Put some fur on that guy's pecs, and I do believe you'd have an idea of what God looks like.

Posted by: jeff | Nov 17, 2006 2:35:41 PM

14. It's the fact that he DOESN'T look like the cookie-cutter pretty boy types that makes him so damn hot! He's rugged, masculine and you know he gets freaky in the bedroom!
    Damn, I need a cold shower!

Posted by: soulbrotha | Nov 17, 2006 2:39:14 PM

15. If only I could put a paper bag over that head. The man has a seriously ugly mug.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 17, 2006 2:41:15 PM

16. Ugly? Huh? Look around. If you don't feel DC's way better-looking than a majority of men you pass on the street, then pray tell us all where you live so we can check out this Man Heaven.

Posted by: HUH? | Nov 17, 2006 2:47:18 PM

17. Damn. That's like dinner for a week.

Posted by: CaliNexus | Nov 17, 2006 2:51:32 PM

18. Oh... and about shrinkage: I knew this Nordic dude who went from a little button to monster meat. He even put the brothas to shame. A friggin' magic show...

Posted by: CaliNexus | Nov 17, 2006 2:54:01 PM

19. Yeah, the chest and arms are all fine and good, but why is no one commenting on his stomach? Those abs .. and that treasure trail. It's unreal.

Posted by: Jake | Nov 17, 2006 2:57:08 PM

20. "put the brothas to shame"? I'm sure you're speaking of only the "brothas" you've personally known and not engaging in a bit of racist myth so old and dusty you could plant corn on it.

Posted by: Leland | Nov 17, 2006 3:14:26 PM

21. Holy shit. Abolutely the hottest Bond ever, for me. I couldn't stand Connery, and Brosnan is 100.

I think I'll be seeing my first Bond movie in 20 years.

Posted by: Anon1 | Nov 17, 2006 3:28:58 PM

22. Wilson Cruz has a new movie called Coffee Date. It opens in Houston and LA today, wider release in the coming weeks.

Posted by: Jake | Nov 17, 2006 3:30:21 PM

23. So that's where Ricky has been! Thanks, Jake. And here I thought he had faded into obscurity.

Posted by: Claire Danes | Nov 17, 2006 3:33:15 PM

24. Daniel Craig has it all, as far as I'm concerned. My Dog! He's way hotter than Sean Connery!

Posted by: JT | Nov 17, 2006 3:55:14 PM

25. Hottest bond? No. That honor (along with "Best Bond") goes to Timothy Dalton. But Craig is nice to look at...

Posted by: Jordan | Nov 17, 2006 4:07:32 PM