Architecture | Britney Spears | Denver | Gay Marriage | George W. Bush | Magazines | New York | News | Paris | Video Games | Virginia | Wii

BigGayDeal.com

News: Gay Rabbis, Wii, Jim Webb, Paris Architecture, South Africa

road.jpg South Africa's Civil Union Act signed into law by Deputy President.

Ladefenseroad.jpg Unusual erection to rise on La Defense in Paris featuring a rooftop wind farm.

road.jpg Virginia Senator Jim Webb not afraid of speaking out against Bush's policies in Iraq, particularly when they concern his son who is fighting there: "I'm not particularly interested in having a picture of me and George W. Bush on my wall. No offense to the institution of the presidency, and I'm certainly looking forward to working with him and his administration. [But] leaders do some symbolic things to try to convey who they are and what the message is."

road.jpg When you were young: Times Square in the 50's.

road.jpg The Real World: Denver's gay housemate Davis tells Arjan what's in his iPod.

Fortuneroad.jpg Fortune magazines cracks open the front door of gay corporate America: "Business is different. 'It's not a faith-based community,' says Ed Offshack, a chemical engineer and gay activist at Procter & Gamble. 'It's a logic-based community.' The changes in attitudes toward gays and lesbians have been swift, deep, and altogether remarkable. People who once were shunned and then merely tolerated are today being embraced by corporate America. Yes, embraced. And not just on Seventh Avenue and in Hollywood."

road.jpg Conservative Jewish movement looks set to OK openly gay rabbis and same-sex unions. Rabbinical Assembly Committee on Jewish Law and Standards VP Joel Meyers: "I really don't know what will happen. Many of my colleagues are betting they will have two opinions at the end -- that rabbis can maintain the prohibition on homosexual behaviour and another that says it normalises homosexual behaviour

road.jpg Mom always said, don't play Wii in the house! Website documents electronics damaged by careless Wii users.

road.jpg Has she no sense of decency? Britney attempts to bring the va-jay-jay slip mainstream.

Comments

1. Powerline:

Webb seems to get off on disrespecting presidents. In 1997, he said:

I cannot conjure up an ounce of respect for Bill Clinton when it comes to the military. Every time I see him salute a Marine, it infuriates me. I don't think Bill Clinton cares one iota about what happens in a military unit.

However, when Webb needed Clinton's help, he brought the man whose administration he had called "the most corrupt in modern memory" to help him raise funds. Webb explained his about face by claiming that 9/11 had wiped the slate clean.

Thus, if Bush cared, he could take solace in the knowledge that if the wind changes, so too will the attitude of the erratic opportunist from Virginia.

Posted by: Tom | Nov 30, 2006 1:03:15 PM

2. Tom, What is it about politicians that you do not get? This was all perfectly predictable.

Posted by: rudy | Nov 30, 2006 2:25:47 PM

3. Are we watching the same Real World? I have lured victims over to my TV when they visit just to show them how INCREDIBLY BAD that show continues to get, and how extremly un"real" it is.

Remember in Real World's past when they brought these kids on who actually did something creative with their lives (everybody remembers the dancer, the rapper, the doctor, the cartoonist, the AIDS activist, the DJ, the Actress, etc.) I don't know what the exact moment was, but they stopped getting people with any kind of direction in their lives other than those who wanted to get totally polluted and get slammed in a nightvision bedroom, and those who could effectively cry about it the next day. This show is so littered with the kind of human trash that makes your absolutely want to cringe when you see how low it has gotten.

Remember when MTV had to force the 7 slackers to actually do something with their time (like run a tanning salon, or *gasp* a radio show).... well they don't even give them any kind of task this season other than - on cue - cry, fuck, drink, run around house amazed by IKEA furniture, rot in front of a computer, fight with currentBF/GFs at home, and of course violently fight with each other. Remember in the first season when they would argue about politics and layers of each other's artistic endeavors - well I don't have to tell you the petty things that you can only imagine these 7 kidiots ripped fro central casting can muster up in their tiny brains.

I can't even start to go on about the gay one but believe me you won't find anyone that says that that jackass is a representation of anyone that I, or you, know. TRUST ME. He'll be perfect on the next REAL WORLD ROAD RULES tropical metaduel wherever they next continue this unwatchable orgy of lameness.

Posted by: Randy | Nov 30, 2006 2:33:12 PM

4. As I recall, Bill Clinton was trashed because he avoided the draft; yet Bush was coddled for doing the same thing. Jim Webb has been consistent with both of them. He's a military man through and through. He was a Republican until George Bush came on. There was only one other party to jump to once the Traitor Bush came on board. As somebody once said: I didn't leave the party, the party left me. I support Jim Webb. He didn't say anything behind President Creepy that couldn't be said to his face. That's honor.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Nov 30, 2006 3:22:43 PM

5. Err, joining the Air National Guard is not equal-to "avoiding the Draft". Whether you respect or disrespect GWB, don't disrespect the hundreds of thousands who have and are serving the Nation in the Guard.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Nov 30, 2006 6:08:28 PM

6. .."it's a logic-based community."

Could there BE a greater compliment?

Posted by: zinc alloy | Nov 30, 2006 8:11:35 PM

7. It is good to know that corporate America is moving faster than the greater society towards equality and opportunity. I am not sure that the article is 100% correct, but it certainly was encouraging to say the least!

Posted by: RB | Nov 30, 2006 8:59:54 PM

8. Bush did not 'join' the Guard, his Daddy got him in. There were long lists to get into the program, especially to become a pilot. Not to mention his going AWOL for weeks, while he worked on a campaign for a buddy of his Daddy and partied.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 30, 2006 9:37:30 PM

9. "don't disrespect the hundreds of thousands who have and are serving the Nation in the Guard."

I believe Dubbya did that by joining.

Posted by: mark m | Nov 30, 2006 10:06:00 PM