Daniel Craig | Film | News

BigGayDeal.com

Daniel Craig Scruffs it up for The Golden Compass

Daniel_craig_1

What's Daniel Craig up to next? The actor gets his beard on as scholar/adventurer Lord Asriel in the adaptation of the fantasy epic book series The Golden Compass. New Line has already launched the website for the film, which is scheduled to open a year from now. Craig, who is shooting Compass now, says his life has changed a bit since becoming Bond: "It's intrusive at the moment. But I'll just ride it out for as long as I have to."

You may have missed...
Daniel Craig to Execs: Give Bond a Gay Scene [tr]
Daniel Craig: Hottest Bond Ever? [tr]
Toby Jones and Daniel Craig's Infamous Kiss [tr]
Daniel Craig: Gays on Board with New Bond [tr]

Comments

1. This is exciting casting. Great pic. He and Kidman should be terrific. I hope it's as good as the books.

Posted by: Brad | Dec 11, 2006 4:57:47 PM

2. Fantastic! Craig was superb as Bond; the best since Connery. Looking forward to more of his movies and more Bond.

Posted by: Rad | Dec 11, 2006 5:00:05 PM

3. My Dog, those are beautiful eyes!

Posted by: JT | Dec 11, 2006 5:09:55 PM

4. Yeah, baby. I realize our gay club members are prone to choose young, pretty things... but my experience has been that men like this will sex you silly. Gimme some...

Posted by: CaliNexus | Dec 11, 2006 5:26:57 PM

5. My heart just skipped a beat!

Posted by: sam | Dec 11, 2006 5:27:50 PM

6. Wow, what an inspired choice for the film! Now they just have to re-introduce the anti-church plotlines back into the script and all will be as it should be.

Posted by: GBM | Dec 11, 2006 5:46:57 PM

7. God....for the life of me I cannot figure out why I find this man so f'ing hot. He really isnt handsome IMO but there is just something about him that just make me want to jump his bones. That beach scene in Casino Royale was almost too much for me to take!

Posted by: ufkid1884 | Dec 11, 2006 6:13:03 PM

8. OMG I can't believe it. I think Daniel Craig is the sh*t and His Dark Materials are my fav books! I so totally love them! (with the same fervor I despise the bland and stupid Narnia books). I can't wait for this movie!

Posted by: xaliegro | Dec 11, 2006 6:23:58 PM

9. I agree UFKID1884. He kind of reminds me of Steve McQueen, a more rugged kind of attractive. Though it was my first Bond film in over 20 years, it was a fun ride, except for that torture sceen. OWWWWW

Posted by: pbnyc59 | Dec 11, 2006 6:26:04 PM

10. I prefer the UK book titles.

Posted by: Anon | Dec 11, 2006 8:28:21 PM

11. I saw a movie a year or so ago called "Enduring Love" and was automatically smitten with this man. And it is wierd because it's not like he's extraordinarily beautiful (tho, the man's not ugly) and in the movie he isn't buffed up or over-emasculinated at all but he had that something. Like, an aura of just pure sexual desire. It's beguiling, almost. Perhaps it's British charm unlike the obtuse Hugh Grant sort.

Posted by: Derrick | Dec 11, 2006 8:34:49 PM

12. Not a fan of the 'Castaway' look

although it does look ALOT better on him than Tom Hanks

Posted by: steve | Dec 12, 2006 6:50:19 AM

13. Love Danny Craig.

I am prayering to the "movie gods" that
    this movie is as good as the books on which
    it's based!

Can't wait to see this flick.

Posted by: Pandora | Dec 12, 2006 7:14:17 AM

14. Wow. I've never been a fan of the Craig but he's looking good in that photo. I thinks I likes me some scruffy Bond. Thanks, Andy!

Posted by: RSL | Dec 12, 2006 10:05:42 AM

15. wow!
    daniel craig sure looks different! i cant wait to see this new movie....it will be good to see if craig has the acting ability to perform different roles and characters.

Posted by: Sam | Dec 13, 2006 12:45:24 PM