Boston | News | Santa Claus | Sports | Swimming

BigGayDeal.com

Packages Delivered: Boston's Santa Speedo Run

A124

Covering this event has become an annual tradition here on Towleroad thanks to our friend in Boston, photographer Patrick Lentz, who makes sure we're not left out in the cold. 2006 is the sixth year for the run, which benefits the Ellie Fund to fight breast cancer.

Many more shots after the jump...

D111

B101 C066

E405

G116 F082

H121

J070 I209

064

K134 N342_1

M154

O329

Check out Patrick's entire set of photos here...

You may have missed...
Ho Ho Hos: Boston's Santa Speedo Run 2005
Boston's Santa Speedo Run 2004

Comments

1. Finally, it all makes sense. Thanks Stedge for clarifying it.

Seems people were up in arms because I found the majority of guys that had been posted to look a bit doughy. The frat thing helps explain the extra poundage. Also explains the negative response I received. Self-loathing gay men who desperately want to be straight have a tendency to eat their own when it comes to defending straight men.

Posted by: Bart | Dec 18, 2006 2:39:56 PM

2. Bart: "Self-loathing gay men who desperately want to be straight have a tendency to eat their own when it comes to defending straight men."

Seriously? So it's our problem that you're an asshole?

Posted by: EireKev | Dec 18, 2006 2:42:51 PM

3. Bart,

You sound dumber and dumber with each post.

Posted by: jmg | Dec 18, 2006 2:46:42 PM

4. No Bart, people were annoyed that you declared all of the men pictured as unattractive. Now you seem a bit desperate to justify your rude and absurd comments. Though I hate the "C" word used to describe you in a couple of posts, but apparently you certainly do fit the term. If anyone who has posted here is self-loathing, I would have to say it is you. Any emotionally secure gay or straight male comfortable in their own skin wouldn't be mocking the looks of someone else. Perhaps a bit of quiet self-examination is order, Bart. Nobody reading this thread really cares what your personal opinion is, though those responding to you, as am I, are doing so only to point out how absurd your opinions are. I guess you now have received the attention you so obviously and desperately seek. Now go and try to build a life for yourself.

Posted by: Bryce | Dec 18, 2006 2:59:25 PM

5. I don't understand this venemous attack on Bart. He said it was his "personal opinion". Isn't EVERYBODY on here supposed to have one of those?! Sheesh!

I looked at the pictures and I thought most of the guys were hot. I just couldn't understand the lack of diversity in the group. Where is the ethnic representation? We get breast cancer too, ya know!

Posted by: soulbrotha | Dec 18, 2006 3:09:20 PM

6. You're right soulbrotha...the majority of participants were white. The run is based completely on a volunteer basis and self-motivated willingness to participate. I think everyone involved would be thrilled with a more diverse and even larger group. Maybe time to make a call out to the community?

Posted by: sfedge | Dec 18, 2006 3:20:25 PM

7. I'd lovvvvve to see NYC guys even try to attempt this during the winter....fags here during their steroidal growing phase during the winter months have pastier bodies and more distended guts than you would ever believe.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 18, 2006 3:30:12 PM

8. So many nasty commments about me. Stop. We are brothers. Let's come together on this site, not take each other apart based on personal opinions.

Posted by: Bart | Dec 18, 2006 3:33:15 PM

9. I've been seriously thinking about moving to Boston. lol. This is just another incentive. Speaking of breast cancer, everyone should read "The Dying Animal" by Philip Roth at least once. And how could ANYONE find these men unattractive? Not everyone has the time to be an Ayn Rand warrior and focus on themselves all the time.

Posted by: Damon | Dec 18, 2006 4:13:04 PM

10. "Overall, I'd say the gays need to lay off the trans-fat in 2007. Nothing too appealing about anyone you've posted."

Posted by: Bart | Dec 18, 2006 11:46:47 AM

Second, you're probably feeling the burn of my words on your own flabby ass.

Posted by: Bart | Dec 18, 2006 12:51:09 PM

Posted by: Bart | Dec 18, 2006 2:39:56 PM

Posted by: Bart | Dec 18, 2006 3:33:15 PM

Mommy!!! They're picking on me!!! Check out some of the 'nasty comments' from you Bart. People who blog in glass web sites shouldn't bitch or whine.

Posted by: pbnyc59 | Dec 18, 2006 4:19:58 PM

11. Boston men are easily some of the most boring people you could ever meet. It surprises me they aren't in better shape. What else do they have to do with their time?

Must be that small "city" mentality.

Posted by: Martin B. | Dec 18, 2006 4:23:06 PM

12. Jeez, sounds like a bunch of bitter and jealous gay people out there.

Posted by: Bryce | Dec 18, 2006 4:57:02 PM

13. Patrick Lentz is f'ing awesome; I've been a fan of his for some time!

Thanks Andy for sharing his work with the masses!

Posted by: jase | Dec 18, 2006 4:57:56 PM

14. I've been in races when the temp was 35. It takes about a mile to get warm, though these guys don't like they are moving too fast.

Posted by: Anon | Dec 18, 2006 5:00:35 PM

15. did anyone stop to think that straight men wearing speedo's has more to do with mocking gay men and their body-obsessed lfestyle than it does with celebrating breast cancer awareness?

I'm just saying.

Posted by: Billy | Dec 18, 2006 6:01:47 PM

16. haha... wow who would have thought that running in a speedo and making a jacka$$ of myself would generate such a heated conversation

This is the 3rd time I have run, I am perfectly comfortable with my "doughy" non-perfect body...

Patrick is the man, another great shoot!!!

hope people realize that this event is about having fun and raising money for a great cause, it is not a hot body contest (although plenty of great looking guy did participate)

congrats to all who ran and helped make it another successful year

Posted by: Kevin | Dec 18, 2006 6:03:48 PM

17. It should be pointed out that if every "doughy" guy decided not to run in the charity race, it would be $200 less per person not running that the charity would lose. If only the buff were allowed to run the charity would have recieved a fraction of what they ultimately raised. Congratulations to all the guys and girls that had the balls to freeze their balls off.

Posted by: Jack | Dec 18, 2006 7:30:59 PM

18. I don't understand the hateful comments against Bart either. Had he said Clay Aiken or Richard Simmons looked fug and "faggy" no one would have come down hard on him.

The sudden attack of morality on some the posters' part speak of the biais towards the straight (looking) men Bart refered to.

Posted by: Da | Dec 19, 2006 11:59:09 AM

19. "Hateful comments about Bart".

I think Bart brought it on himself with his own hateful comments.

Bart, If you're going to write nasty things about people you should expect the shit to be deflected back on you.

Posted by: Daniel | Dec 19, 2006 12:58:18 PM

20. I ran it... had a blast, and if you wanna make a direct attack I am the guy with the red tie above, so bring on the negativity about how flabby, hairy and white I am.... my best friends mother died of cancer you insensitive prick, i.e. Bart, and yeah I was one of the few gay guys there, but we did something positive that made people smile, laugh and enjoy a day in Boston, all you seem capable of is knocking others for trying something new and different from the dreary old haunts of jaded fags

Posted by: Kevin | Dec 19, 2006 1:02:39 PM

21. Kevin, you're hardly flabby. Way to go!

Posted by: Anon | Dec 19, 2006 1:18:27 PM

22. Kevin, you are totally hot AND you ran for charity--which makes you even hotter!

Posted by: Daniel | Dec 19, 2006 2:11:28 PM

23. Hey Rudolph, bring your "Jingle Balls" over to my place and let your nose light the way.

Posted by: Edwardo | Dec 19, 2006 7:07:04 PM

24. You're right soulbrotha...the majority of participants were white. The run is based completely on a volunteer basis and self-motivated willingness to participate. I think everyone involved would be thrilled with a more diverse and even larger group. Maybe time to make a call out to the community?

i appreciate this comment - cause that's what i was implying in mine - i have no problem and in fact enjoy seeing all the cute boys out there - i just would love to see more black men get out there and show there stuff too - especially for a good cause ( i'm a wee bit thin and twinky to be prancing around in speedo but i would have def done out )

i live in atlanta but i'm heading up to boston for an architecture forum from 12/28 - 01/02 and i wouldn't mind seeing some of that goodness

Posted by: ron | Dec 20, 2006 8:51:02 AM

25. Hey Guys. First time I've ever been to this site. I'm a Boston boy, (well, Salem on the North Shore) and considered doing this but I am much to much of a wimp! Thanks Kevin and all the other boys, gay or straight, twinkie, Bear, or Muscle Queen who raised some dough. Hope you boys have a great Holiday Weekend! Jim
    PS. my myspace (jiminsalem) has some pics of me with my shirt off. Kevin, I will never look as good as you with your shirt off! Good for you. :-)

Posted by: Jiminsalem | Dec 22, 2006 12:13:25 PM