Education | Fraternities | New York | News

NYU Approves Gay Fraternity Delta Lambda Phi

DlpAfter a three-semester trial period, New York University has been approved as an official chapter by the Inter-Greek Council, reports the New York Post:

"Matthew Maggiacomo, 21, an NYU senior who is the chapter's founder and president, called the development a 'huge accomplishment.'...'The NYU community has welcomed my group of 11 gay, bisexual and progressive fraternity men with open arms - and for good reason,' he said. The fraternity has engaged in several public-service projects, including running an auction to benefit abused women and children and sponsoring oral HIV testing in NYU dorms."

Congrats to Matthew and the guys at Delta Lambda Phi.

Comments

1. Naturally, all the improvements occur after I graduate.

Posted by: 000000 | Mar 27, 2007 11:24:32 AM

2. Glad to see that cool straight guys can join too ... straight men who are secure with their sexuality in my experience are the best "non-queer" male friends a guy guy can have.

FAG STAGS I think is the new name for them.

Posted by: RJP3 | Mar 27, 2007 12:19:30 PM

3. Glad to see that cool straight guys can join too ... straight men who are secure with their sexuality in my experience are the best "non-queer" male friends a GAY guy can have.

FAG STAGS I think is the new name for them.

Posted by: RJP3 | Mar 27, 2007 12:20:21 PM

4. I just hope they workout. It's a lot easier getting guys. They love a sexy muscular body.

Posted by: Jack! | Mar 27, 2007 3:43:07 PM

5. Great News! Thanks for spreading the word. Nice to see NY with a Chapter and Making Their Presence Known!

Eta (Alpha) (from the early 90's)

Posted by: DLP Alum | Mar 27, 2007 5:22:29 PM

6. Well it is sad that is has taken this long. Kent State in Ohio has had a chapter since before I went to college so that has to be at least 8 years or more.

Posted by: Travis | Mar 27, 2007 7:17:55 PM

7. be careful bunch of pussies because i'm coming to fuck you guys.

Posted by: fagget hunter | Mar 7, 2009 7:07:56 PM