Film | France | Jake Gyllenhaal | News

Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo Near Kiss at Cannes

Jakea

Looks like Mark Ruffalo tried to get all Brokeback on Jake Gyllenhaal in front of the press line at Cannes today?

Jakeb

That Jake Gyllenhaal. Such a tease.

Marc_jake_2

Zodiac is in competition at the 60th annual film festival. A few more shots after the jump...

Jake2

Jake_3 Jake_4

Comments

1. No one can resist him. I completely understand!!

Posted by: Dave | May 17, 2007 9:20:57 AM

2. i know mark -- he doesn't swing that way -- even a little bit -- he also doesn't like gyllenhaal very much. not sure if this post is a joke, but come on...

Posted by: dan | May 17, 2007 9:31:15 AM

3. i know mark -- he doesn't swing that way -- even a little bit -- he also doesn't like gyllenhaal very much. not sure if this post is a joke, but come on...

Posted by: dan | May 17, 2007 9:34:03 AM

4. i know mark -- he doesn't swing that way -- even a little bit -- he also doesn't like gyllenhaal very much. not sure if this post is a joke, but come on...

Posted by: dan | May 17, 2007 9:34:31 AM

5. It looks more like he is trying to whisper something in his ear to me.

Posted by: Matt | May 17, 2007 9:35:32 AM

6. Oh yeah, didn't Mark Ruffalo belittle Jake's complaints about Fincher's directing style?

Yeah, it was on Defamer:

Posted by: EireKev | May 17, 2007 9:44:34 AM

7. Scruffy Mark Ruffalo and beautiful Jake. Now that gives me something to think about!

Posted by: sam | May 17, 2007 9:59:01 AM

8. Say what you will about his looks, but that Gyllenhaal is so animated. It's adorable.

Posted by: Derrick | May 17, 2007 10:40:53 AM

9. maybe they could bore each other to death.

Posted by: cd | May 17, 2007 11:04:39 AM

10. oh, brother...

Posted by: Tom | May 17, 2007 11:17:31 AM

11. I'm not sure where I heard it, but apparently Mark doesn't swing that way.

I could be wrong. I just thought I heard it somewhere.

Posted by: Rey | May 17, 2007 11:26:26 AM

12. Jake's bff Austin Nichols has been interviewing lately as "completely available", which might be making Jake a bit desperate.

Posted by: anon | May 17, 2007 11:45:47 AM

13. Jake's bff Austin Nichols has been interviewing lately as "completely available", which might be making Jake a bit desperate.

Posted by: anon | May 17, 2007 11:48:08 AM

14. LOL@CD! buahahhhahhah! I second that...

Jeebus, peeps! We already know how hetero those two are...and frankly, while they're both nice guys, they're not all that interesting when you know they're not foraging on this side of the fence. I mean, C'MON! Aren't there any other gay "stars" we can ogle that don't make asses out of themselves or might just be really hot, but kinda laid back and quiet?

This kind of titillation is so puerile, I can't help but equate it to giggling at the mention of the words "penis" or "vagina"

Bo-RING

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 17, 2007 11:54:58 AM

15. Dan, so what if you know Mark. Yes, he is straight, married with kids, If he doesn't like Jake very much, Jake has every right to hate Mark. Jake was expessing how he felt working for FIncher. Mark was completely uncalled for in his comments about Jake. I hope they are friends as they once were according to sightings and pictures where Jake and Mark were very close.

Fizziekruntnt, your the one making an ass out of yourself with boring comments. Andy posts every day about gay actors, singers, etc. If you have such a problem with him posting about some straight actors or celebs then skip that post or create your own blog. Btw, I don't see you posting these kind of comments when Andy posts about Brad Pitt or David Beckham, et al. So what if he posts about Jake, I love it when he does.

Posted by: Mememe | May 17, 2007 12:23:32 PM

16. Dear MEMEME,

Suck it.

There, NOW I have made an ass out of myself. Enjoy!

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 17, 2007 12:28:00 PM

17. Toothy was just aware that the cameras would catch everything and he is such a closeted homo that he had to back off.

Posted by: yummy yummy | May 17, 2007 12:29:20 PM

18. um...what the hell? i didn't say anything about anything you referenced...all i said was mark isn't gay...why flame out over something that wasn't even on the table?

Posted by: dan | May 17, 2007 12:46:38 PM

19. Yes congrats on acting like a child, Fizziekruntnt.

Dan, I was commenting on your mention of Mark not liking Jake.

Yummy Yummy, grow up.

Posted by: Mememe | May 17, 2007 1:30:56 PM

20. Is anyone else having trouble posting today? It's taking forever.

Posted by: anon | May 17, 2007 2:06:51 PM

21. I've got to clean up, seeing as the remnants of a Towlegasm shot through my computer screen.

Posted by: 000000 | May 17, 2007 3:34:23 PM

22. haha yeah it is kinda teeny-bopperish for us to pine over every mere mention and pic post of these guys who we don't personally know better than a ham sandwhich but, I think there's some fun to that every now and then.

tho I'll admit it's sometimes a bit of overkill, but alot of gay guys are "all about" that kinda stuff and, well, Andy's blog is a little bit for all colors of gays so let them have their part too.

now, back to Jakey...

Posted by: Derrick | May 17, 2007 4:42:09 PM

23. Correcting my comment at 12:23:32 PM, when it should have read "you're"

Posted by: Mememe | May 17, 2007 6:13:23 PM

24. seems people like to bitch about Gyllenhaal all the time...but as for me he is number one in my book....and keep posting his stuff.....I think he is a very nice person and love his interviews...his Saturday nite live performance was funny and fun...I hope someday he plays JFK jr in a film....

Posted by: Jerome Shipanik | May 18, 2007 1:12:18 AM

25. "i know mark -- he doesn't swing that way -- even a little bit -- he also doesn't like gyllenhaal very much. not sure if this post is a joke, but come on..."

Oh God, Dan. You sound such a humorless bore.

Posted by: EM | May 18, 2007 1:49:22 AM