Comments

1. Adam says

Instead of laughing at real flesh and blood faggots these clever folks have found way to keep up the gay jokes and obnoxious stereotypes by transposing them onto a robot. I guess that makes it OK somehow for them and keeps them from openly confronting their own bigotry and stupidity. What a bunch of lame jackasses.

2. Adam says

3. julianadotsr says

Oh my God, I am sick but that made me feel better… lol How cute is that? A gay robot? That should be a TV Show with better writing, i’d watch it! I also think one of the muppets on Sesame Street should be gay/transgender to teach children about what being gay/transgender is, but that will never happen with that bigoted Education Secretary Margaret Spellings controlling PBS. But maybe in our great-great-great-great-great grandchildren’s days we’ll have our first gay muppet. (In Africa, they have an HIV+ muppet. Do you think our PBS would do that here?)

4. Brent Harris says

What is this gay kick Adam S. has been on lately? Can someone say, overcompensating? I think he should just stick to “acting” and stop having ideas.

5. Adam says

julianadotsr,
    What are you talking about? The gay robot here is not a helpful mascot for diversity.
    Beyond the ridiculous caricature of gayness there is also the old stereotype of the gay guy coming onto all the straight men around him (a common straight male comic obsession) or the gay guy as the sad pathetic outcast who can’t get a date. These kind of stereotypes both play into straight guy fear of our “uncontrollable” sexual urges (gay panic) and the opposite stereotype that somehow coexists with the previous one of us as weak laughable eunuchs. This is just coded soft homophobia for insecure straight assholes masquerading as comedy.

6. Giovanni says

I guess it’s wrong that I find it funny – juvenile for sure but still funny.

Best line: How do I look? Like a Stonewashed Stallion

or

I’ve got a dry sense of humour and a muddy bottom

7. Zlexar says

So let’s see:

1) “Gay Robot” was created when they spilled a wine cooler on his circuit board.

2) He talks in a lisp.

3) He’s always hitting on straight men.

4) He’s a miserable loser who can’t get a date.

Okay, this supposed to be funny, right? Let’s just switch a few stereotypes:

1) “Black Robot” was created when they spilled malt liquor on his circuit board.

2) He speaks in ‘ebonics.’

3) He’s always hitting on white women.

4) He’s a miserable loser who can’t get a job.

Obviously the above is waaaay offensive. A show like “Black Robot” would never get off the ground, and if it did there’d be a huge public outcry. Now compare it to the show Adam Sandler actually made about us. Not really that different, is it? But the reaction sure is.

I just want to point out the kind of shit we’re willing to put up with. Maybe that speaks well of us, and maybe not. You get to decide.

8. dan says

zlexar – i bet you drink wine coolers and talk with a lisp…and don’t say you drink martini’s…they’re just the fruity new equivalent of wine coolers…

9. Giovanni says

Guess you’ve never seen Flavor of Love, Zlexar (or Queer Duck for that matter). And by the way the “what if it/they were black” offense is so 2006 – this year its all about Latinos.

yours,
    Lou Dobbs.

10. Toto says

Its just a very idiotic premise and seems like a show that would be hilarious if you were high on weed. I think maybe a will develop a show about a manic depressive salmon. I’ll make trillions.

11. Zlexar says

Dear Dan –

Actually, I drink strawberry Yoo-Hoo spiked with acid. It fuckin’ rocks. As for the lisping, it only happens when I’m licking the yeast infection out of your mom’s quivering twat. I thwear.

And Lou –

The whole Queer Duck thing was really no different from the Robot – just with felching jokes. Didn’t really like it, but it wins out for sheer gross factor. Flava-flav to me is really more about a particular black man’s fucked-up nature, rather than some thinly veiled portrayal of ‘black people’ through a symbolic proxy.

12. Dean says

Yet another excuse to make lame stereotypical gay jokes while at the same time claiming that you are doing something original and inventive… and, of course, “brave”.

Never have liked Adam Sandler. So this really doesn’t surprise me.

13. Tom says

Adam Sandler is a really unfunny homophobe. I never have been able to “get” what people see in his crude and vulgar humor.

This creep is also a proudly registered Republican and contributor to the GW Bush campaigns.