Flash Forward: Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones

Indiana_jones

Here’s another first look for you, from the new Indiana Jones movie that just began shooting. Harrison Ford continues to look comfortable and ruggedly handsome in the costume, which we haven’t seen him wear since 1989. “The new Indiana Jones movie is set in the 1950s and stars Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, John Hurt, Ray Winstone and Jim Broadbent,” according to IndianaJones.com. It is scheduled for release in May of 2008.

Indiana_jones_2

Comments

1. Jonathon says

Indiana Jones and Han Solo are by far the best characters of his career… and the ones in which he was damn sexy. Hard to believe it was so long ago……

2. Justin says

Rob — I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Lucas and Spielberg are still in full control. Lucas was quoted saying they won’t be using any CGI or other trickery, so as to keep up the feel of the first 3 films. This has been in development for the past 10 years, the script has got to be good. And I’m sure John Williams is back for the soundtrack.

Indy is looking older but nothing can tarnish the hotness of Harrison in the early films.

3. says

Really, you think because Lucas still maintains control is a good thing? He ruined Star Wars. After the prequel debacle, I refuse to get excited about a new Indiana Jones film. Maybe they’ll surprise me.

Oh, and Jonathon, Rick Deckard is the best Harrisson Ford character. I thought everyone knew that. :)~

4. Jake says

Harrison and I share the same birthday (July 13), although he is 33 years older than I am. I would still do him in a minute. I wonder if the new movie will have any age-related jokes, e.g., “I’m getting too old for this.”

5. peterparker says

I’m confused. Are those two pictures of Harrison Ford…one as an older, retired Indiana Jones and the second from when he was a younger man? If so, I don’t remember him looking anywhere near that hot.

6. mark m says

Yeah, Han Solo awoke the Scifi geek in me at age 7, Indiana Jones woke the gay man in me at 15.

**Spoiler**
    I didn’t think this movie was such a good idea after so much time had passed, but many things about this one (the 1950’s, Cate Blanchett as a villain, John Hurt as Albert Einstein, Shia as Indy’s son) has me more excited…plus with Speilberg, Lucas, Ford, Williams, how can you go wrong?

7. says

Pathetic. Ford hasn’t had a hit in years, and now he’s just too goddamn old to be doing this shit. As are Spielberg and Lucas and Williams. This is going to suck in bold new ways.

Just what the world needs, another goddamn Indiana Jones flick. Revolting.