Itemized: Wentworth Miller and Luke McFarlane?

Macfarlane_miller

From the Rock Hudson department of unsubstantiated rumors comes this item floated by Perez Hilton over the weekend, that Prison Break star Wentworth Miller has found a new friend in former T.R. Knight beau Luke Macfarlane, who spent some time earlier this year playing the boyfriend of Matthew Rhys on Brothers & Sisters.

For the record, Wentworth Miller has denied that he is gay but says he is fine with the rumors: “No, I’m not gay. I know these rumours are out there … I’m cool with the fact that they exist, I mean this is about fantasy. Certain people are going to have certain fantasies, if someone wants to imagine me with a woman, or a man or one of each that’s cool with me as long as you keep watching the show.”

Comments

1. BeeDee says

I wish you wouldn’t propagate salacious trash like this. It’s the kind of urinal-ism that is well beneath your site. This is why I rarely look at Queerty anymore (like most people).

And that you would promote Perez Hilton… come on!

2. Becks07 says

Beneath you, Andy. Do we have to eat our young everywhere we turn? Can’t your site show some standards that push back against this kind of salacious stuff? It’s your site, but it makes me feel nasty to land in the middle of something like this…

3. noah says

Andy,

I have to agree with Beedee and Wayne. Why promote rumors from Perez Hilton or any rumor like this? What does it really accomplish? And to toss in the Rock Hudson stuff is pretty low.

Miller says he’s straight. Whatever. Who cares? Even if he were gay, it’s not like he’s some evil closet case trying to build a career by hurting gay people or promoting a religion that denigrate gays.

Everyone likes gossip but gossip from a lowlife like Perez Hilton? Didn’t Perez go after Matt Dallas, the guy from “Kyle XY”? Dallas said that he wasn’t gay but Perez insisted that he was going to drag Dallas out of the closet. Then Perez switched tactics and said why should Dallas care what Perez said.

4. Nate says

DAMN, SOME PEOPLE HERE NEED TO GET A DAMN GRIP. IT’S NOT YOUR WEBSITE AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE CONTENT, DON’T ****ING READ IT OR JUST SKIP THE STORY YOU DON’T LIKE. SERIOUSLY, IT’S NEGATIVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKES THIS WORLD CRAPPY TO LIVE IN SOMETIMES.

ANDY, YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB WITH THE SITE AND DON’T LET THESE LOSERS DICTATE THE STORIES YOU CHOOSE TO PUT AND IGNORE. I BET YOU ANYTHING THAT THE ONES COMPLAINING HERE WILL READ YOUR TERRIFIC BLOG REGARDLESS… IT’S ENTERTAINMENT EVERYBODY! HAVE FUN WITH IT.

BESIDES, WENTY & LUKE ARE HOT!

5. anon (gmail.com) says

Given TR’s recent success, a gay TV actor can now safely come out I suppose, unless they want a movie career…

PH’s ship seems to be sinking given all his recent legal problems.

6. says

Miller says he’s straight. Whatever. Who cares? Even if he were gay, it’s not like he’s some evil closet case trying to build a career by hurting gay people or promoting a religion that denigrates gays.

Very well said Noah.

7. Andrew says

This is a site dedicated to ALL types of news — political, ecological, technological (some of my favorites) as well as pop culture!

Andy has the right to post anything he wants and he’s hardly advocating Perez Hilton and gushing over this news. There is an audience here that doesn’t mind reading these tidbits.

Don’t hate the messenger.

8. Ed says

This also applies to other gay celebs who are routinely criticized here for not being out.

9. sean says

all of these closeted actors must have the same agent telling them to say the same thing to the press everytime the gay question is posited. yawn.

10. Lukey says

Wentworth Miller is STRAIGHT. I was at a party with him, and while he was distracted, I tried to go down on him. He stopped me before I could, but I got close enough to definately detect something “fishy”. We all know what that means! LOL, I got that if of a myspace blog, but it was funny enough to share;-)

11. kaye says

i dont know miller as much as all you guys do-i am just a fan that appreciates his good looks and acting skills.
    went answered the rumors already,lets be contented with that.i mean,gay or not,he is still a great actor and deserves support from his fans.sexuality doesnt matter,its the that talent matters most.
    to the one who spread this rumors–a proof should be shown because rumors are still rumors.

12. Verona says

I believe personal integrity should be respected. Miller says he is not gay – so he isn’t. Why spectulate more?
    So he is friends to Luke MacFarlane, so what…? Dr Martin Luther King Jr. was friends to Bayard Rustin (openly gay), who also advised him strongly about non-violence, was Dr King gay?
    Okay, Miller’s being a bachelor probably helps these speculations, but frankly its his life…

13. jjose712 says

Ryon: Yes, it’s funny. Rumours are just rumours, but the truth is, all actors that are coming out in recent years (maybe with Sean Maher exception) were widely speculated to be gay for years.

And yes, Perez Hilton is not exactly the best guy in the world, but in gay rumours he is quite good

14. IJelly says

Obviously, in retrospect Andy and PH won this argument. It’s weird, reading through the comments, how angry this article made people, especially gay people. If gossip sites are allowed to speculate that actor A is dating actress B, I can’t see any reason why the same gossip sites can’t speculate that actor A is dating actor C.