News | Paris Hilton

BigGayDeal.com

Paris Hilton Sprung from Jail

TMZ is reporting that jailbird Paris Hilton is a free woman:

"Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ the deal was sealed yesterday, and that Hilton made her exit early early this morning. She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but that was reduced to 23. She served a total of three days. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will hold a news conference in an hour to discuss what went down."

UPDATE: Reassigned to house arrest with ankle bracelet for medical reasons (read: needed a cocktail).

Via TMZ: "Reporters hammered away about Paris' medical condition, but Whitmore said he could not release even the slightest details due to confidentiality laws. Paris will be under house confinement in her West Hollywood home for 40 days, where she has a 3000-4000 ft. radius of freedom. Her jail cell was 96 square feet. After the 40 days are up, Whitmore says she will have 'fulfilled her debt to society.' Whitmore wants to make it clear that Paris was not released early, she was reassigned. She is technically still in custody."

(video via dlisted)

Comments

1. Aw, c'mon! You gotta' be kiddin' me!

Posted by: Michael W. | Jun 7, 2007 9:36:16 AM

2. Although predicted, THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! Paris said she would pay her debt to society and set an example for young people. What a joke. TMZ.com is reporting that the weiner they brought her for dinner last night was the last straw. The media backlash will be worse than everything that had led up to this. Every major story in America will take a back seat to this for days. How many investigations will be opened to determine how this went down and who was paid off?

I can't wait to hear the panel discussion on Nancy Grace (CNN) and Greta Van Sustren's On the Record (Fox) tonight!

Posted by: Johnny Lane | Jun 7, 2007 9:50:04 AM

3. Meanwhile, over in Iraq...

Posted by: Rob (lrdarystar) | Jun 7, 2007 10:14:59 AM

4. In this country you can be held indifinitely just for being SUSPECTED of terrorist activity. However, a celebrity who has actually broken the law gets the royal treatment.

God bless the USA.

Posted by: mark m | Jun 7, 2007 10:18:09 AM

5. So much for a "no frills" sentence......guess they forgot the frills about getting released early if the "donation to the Policemen's Ball" is big enough

Posted by: Steven | Jun 7, 2007 10:22:03 AM

6. This trog should be blacklisted from any further discussion. We have more important matters to worry about than a piece of floss with the mental capability of a turnip.

Posted by: Gary | Jun 7, 2007 10:27:22 AM

7. Not impressed. Depressingly predictable. She'll be smirking again soon and I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle that. YES, this is a trivial distraction in the face of the monstrous Iraq debacle, but the US Justice system loses credibility this way. Foreign policy credibility was lost LONG ago.

Posted by: Greg | Jun 7, 2007 10:31:58 AM

8. Un-fucking-believable. Now, if it were you or me . . .

Posted by: shane | Jun 7, 2007 10:43:30 AM

9. At least the idiots at Christopher Street West aren't making her Grand Marshall of the L.A. Pride parade again this year. I haven't been since they pulled that stunt a couple of years ago.

Posted by: Rey | Jun 7, 2007 10:57:11 AM

10. Personally, I had hoped she would have been shanked by now. I mean, really...it would be one less source of co2 emission.

Posted by: Patrick W. | Jun 7, 2007 11:32:04 AM

11. They probably did it because every con in the joint wanted to pry her teeth out with a screwdriver and then jump up and down on her face. Actually, I kind of want to do that too....

Posted by: Zlexar | Jun 7, 2007 12:12:49 PM

12. So any way to protest this ridiculous release. She now gets to stay in a mansion, with a cook, and maid, can have visitors at any time, watch television, drink alcohol by the pool. This is what some people would view as a vacation. This is no punishment. It really makes me sick.

I am sickened by so much of what goes on in this world and this country, but I participate in anti-war protests, work for Habitat for Humanity, and contact my governmental representatives on a weekly basis to give them my opinion and request for action.

I am saddened that I even care, but I seriously want to protest this action of early release. Too much injustice already goes on, then they push our faces in it. She felt bad in jail? And? Isn't that the point? Some one out in LA please let us know if there is any way to protest and who to contact. I already e-mailed LASD.org. Sounds silly I know, but fuck, this might finally be the thing that causes change in the Sheriff's Office, not riots or police brutality at latino protest gatherings, but Paris Hilton.

ARGHHHH!

Posted by: critifur | Jun 7, 2007 12:31:32 PM

13. That'll teach her!

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jun 7, 2007 12:40:43 PM

14. Whore-ray Paris is free at last. Ms Hilton has been treated like Mother Theresa, MLK, Ghandi and Nelson Mandella by the media. Ugly as homemade sin Paris dresses like Christmas day trash and people react to her like she’s Grace Kelly. Now hopefully this will start her downfall in the eyes of the media and People/Star/National Enquirer readers.

Posted by: ggreen | Jun 7, 2007 12:43:09 PM

15. Paris won't "fulfill her debt to society" until she can actually contribute something to it.

Posted by: KJ | Jun 7, 2007 12:49:14 PM

16. It ain't just the U.S.A. - it's anywhere. Money (read good lawyers) talks, Paris walks.

Posted by: dave | Jun 7, 2007 12:56:57 PM

17. OMG. This really, really irks me. I hate to devout any type of energy on that waste of human flesh but I am outraged. If this had been any Jane Doe average citizen she would still be there, whether she liked the food or not. What a load of crap. I'm with Critifur on this one. Email LASD.org and voice your outrage. I did.

Posted by: Darth Geek | Jun 7, 2007 1:29:03 PM

18. http://www.lasd.org/contact_us/commendation.html

use this form. =)

Posted by: darth geek | Jun 7, 2007 2:18:56 PM

19. http://www.lasd.org/contact_us/commendation.html

use this form. =)

Posted by: darth geek | Jun 7, 2007 2:21:16 PM

20. This is simply disgusting. Would any common person be afforded this privilege? I live in a ~925 sq. ft. condominum. Were I to be in Paris' shoes I'd have a lot more room to move around than I would in a jail cell, but it still would be "punishment" that I couldn't leave my house. She lives in a mansion and is waited upon hand and foot. How is it punishing her to place her under house arrest? So she won't be able to go out whoring and partying for a while. The party will just come to her, won't it?

Equality under the law is meaningless so long as the rich and privileged are exempted from the application of laws. This is an outrage and I hope that the LAPD gets an earful from Angelenos about this. She committed a serious crime - driving drunk - and now gets a slap on the wrist. Sheesh. Other people's lives are destroyed for lesser offenses.

If I never saw her face again it would be too soon.

Posted by: Jonathon | Jun 7, 2007 2:35:07 PM

21. I applaud that poor Paris Hilton. I can't think of a more horrific punishment than being "confined" to what her house must look like (sarcasm implied) Come on now, this is disgusting!! Somebody better go down for this - there is no physical way possible to be "confined" in a West Hollywood mansion...

Posted by: John | Jun 7, 2007 3:29:41 PM

22. And they say Latin American has a corrupted justice system. I guess at the end of the day money is money everywhere in the world

Posted by: Miguel | Jun 7, 2007 4:55:58 PM

23. Rome before the fall?

Posted by: Giovanni | Jun 7, 2007 4:56:00 PM

24. The only people that are shocked about this are those that don't understand how our criminal system works. This is perfectly standard for these types of offenses. You serve one or two days in a jail (typically a weekend so it doesn't interfere with work) and the rest of the time at home.

Regardless of her (perceived) celebrity I was rather surprised that she got the 23 days in jail. Instead they cut a deal in which she has to serve the rest of the -full- sentence at home. So seriously grow up ... who the hell cares about this woman?

Posted by: yoshi | Jun 7, 2007 5:30:18 PM

25. Awww, and all this time I was hoping Britney would come by twitching from her meds to bring Paris a home baked cake with a shive and an escape plan drawn in crayon lol. In America, money talks and everyone else can serve their time. Nice country eh. Now where is Rupert Murdoch to twist this story around on Faux News for us?

Posted by: Cory | Jun 7, 2007 5:52:54 PM