Towleroad Guide to the Tube #146

HILLARY CLINTON: Spoofs the Sopranos finale in announcement for campaign song.

STAR PARKER: Discussion of gay marriage on The View makes you wish Rosie were there to give a good verbal smackdown. (source: good as you)

RAFAEL NADAL: One spectator at the French Open took an opportunity to give his ass a quick slap.

NEWT GINGRICH: In immigration spot, Newt falsely claims that the 9/11 hijackers were in the country illegally.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here!

Comments

1. nycredneck says

wow, she made elizabeth look smart.
    that is one stupid bitch.

um, honey, the bible says you’re suppose to be a slave and that you can’t marry a white guy, and unless everything you have on is one fabric, that you should be stoned to death.

2. Ridwah says

Does anyone know what The View’s ratings have been since Rosie’s left? I saw Hasselsnatch on Access Hollywood last night beating the dead horse that is the big fight. Since she had nothing else to talk about, (nothing about the new line-up, her baby, etc.), it made me think that ratings are probably down.

3. says

Star Parker is pretty despicable. I recall her rejecting one of her two children in a semi-autobiography she authored. She rejected the child because its father was black, yet she embraced her other child that was fathered by a white man; she should’ve loved them BOTH! She’s a homophobe and a self-hating pariah. The sad thing is that the Republican party actively seeks “blacks” like her.

4. Ann says

Who the hell is Starr Parker anyway? The black Ann Coulter? Bigots come in all shapes, sizes, and colors too.

OK, so the secular world is based on current reality.
    What’s the biblical world view based on? Some words and teachings of some men a long time ago and a lot of polarizing hate, war, violence, and bigotry all in the name of something that may or may not be real.

5. rayrayj says

I didn’t like the view before but this is beyond irritating. I can only echo NYCREDNECK, stone the stupid bitch.

6. Matt says

They were here legally but shouldn’t have been. Read the book, Outrage. The author states that some of the terrorist filled out applications incorrectly and left items off. For instance one said he was a “teecher” and another said he had a spouse but listed no wife. To permently deny someone entry into the USA a consulate representive must fill out and 85 page document and most are just too back-logged to deal with that.

Leland would be proud. I did some research.

7. anon (gmail.com) says

Who is Star Parker and why should we care? “I haven’t added it up,” I think sums her up quite well.

Matt: “permanently”–don’t forget the “man” in “permanent”, gay or otherwise.

8. vince says

Star Parker, somebody beat that bitch. How was she able to become free from slavery?? marry a white man?? have abortions???

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn’t know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT

She nothing more than a black Ann Coulter wantabe

9. RB says

Newt stated; “Mohamed Atta, and several other 9/11 hijackers were in the United States illegally,”

I find the claim that “Newt falsely claims that the 9/11 hijackers were in the country illegally” very interesting! Acording to “Staff Statement No. 1 – Entry of the 9/11 Hijackers into the United States” by the The National Commission on Terrorist
    Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission)…“Of the five hijackers who entered the United States more than once, three of them violated immigration law”.

Newt’s comments were grossly taken out of context here and his intention misrepresented! I am NO NEWT FAN, but I do respect the truth. The truth shows that “some” of the attackers were illegal and should not have been here.

It is true that NONE of the 19 attempted to cross our borders via a land passage. However, to say that all 19 of them followed immigration law and were here LEGALLY is an absolute false statement!!!

The current McCain-Kennedy immigration plan does nothing to stop futher crossings, does nothing to stop the flood of illegal immegrants and I believe to be bad for this country! Given the fact that “the AVERAGE immigrant without a high school education imposes a net fiscal burden on public coffers of $89,000 during the course of his or her lifetime”, I am not for any plan that allows amnesty!

10. says

I posted that video of that woman getting a handful of Nadal thinking no one would see it, and now it is one of my favorite blogs. I guess that’s the power of YouTube. Thanks, Andy!

11. KJ says

Vince,

I’m far from being a “fundy” so save that fire. However, you need to read that passage in its entirety. To not do so is to read the Bible the way the fundies do, out of context and literally, and we don’t want that.

The person getting severely punished in this parable is the servant left in charge of the other servants, and then mistreats them. He gets what’s coming to him.

Jesus wraps up by pointing out that the person who knows what is right, but does another, will receive severe punishment (I rather suspect that is “Star” in this View clip, but fortunately, it’s not for me to decide.). The person who truly knows no better will receive a much lighter punishment. Now, in this story, and let’s remember that Jesus is telling a story, Jesus indicates the punishment is lashes, but hey! We’re talking about a setting that is 2000 years old.

12. Daniel says

If I remember right, isn’t Star Parker the woman who was a “welfare queen” who realized she could make big money by going all conservative and bashing other welfare mothers?

Also, KJ, there are parts of the Bible where it instructs people on how to treat their slaves and so on. The Bible, except in the case of the Israelites, never speaks out against slavery.

13. KJ says

Daniel,

“The Bible, except inthe case of the Israelites, never speaks out against slavery.”

Nor did I say it did. My point was the avoidance of the trap of taking any religious writings and interpreting them out of context and literally.

14. anon says

The myth jesus gladly healed the slave of the roman centurion when asked by the roman centurion to heal his property. Roman slavery = property for life, could be raped by roman master, could be killed by roman master no questions asked. The myth jesus hapily obliged the roman centurion and healed the property without asking the slave if it saw its aproaching death as a way to finaly escape being a slave of a roman centurion.

After said healing the myth jesus never once said anything against the cruel form of slavery practiced by the roman centurion, being roman and all meant his slave was his property till death of slave, he could cause death of slave whenever he wished, work the slave as hard as he wished, and rape the slave whenever he liked.

The myth jesus supported slavery 100%, but hey the myth jesus is just Horus christos, Mithras christos, Dionysis christos, etc all pagan saviour deity mythos with a different face.

Time to evolve people

15. juliana says

We have many different religions in the world. Why give Christianity superiority? I refuse to debate the Bible because I don’t believe in it. I tolerate people who read the Bible. I don’t. Why should our laws dictate anything that’s in the Bible? When did Christianity become the law of the land when America is a country of many faith groups – Jews and Muslims among them. I feel pressured into being a Christian in this society. Why do I have to conform? I like certain Christian beliefs, but those beliefs aren’t exclusively Christian. America is a country where you definitely feel like if you’re not a Christian, you’re not moral or you’re not American. So when you look at us in that regard, what makes us different from those very hard-line Muslim countries?

16. johnosahon says

who the hell is star parker? i am trying my best to hate her ass, but i can’t ignore her rants, can someone say PSYCHO.

i don’t mind if they employ this bitch, as long as they also employ kathy griffin, i will pay to see them fight it out. LOL

17. johnosahon says

the fools that comment on this site, how the hell does slavery have to do with anything? you racists are talking about bigotry, look in the mirror fools.

18. anon says

Johnasahon if you can not see the hypocricy of someone whose ancestors suffered under slavery which was supported by preachers in america quoting the bible and that same person quoting that same myth book to perpetuate hate on another class of people then you need to take a deep breath and rethink the issue.

KJ

:-) The evolved person realizes they are myths and in doing so learns much indeed.

19. woodroad34 says

Does anyone other me wonder why Hillary wants to visually connect herself to the mob or to possibly being a victim of a “whack” with that video of hers? Doesn’t she have an image problem? I didn’t find it endearing or softening or even ironic.

20. hoya86 says

re: View clip

Crazy came to The View yesterday and her name was Star Parker. Good Lord!

21. sean says

star parker is a former welfare recipient who was also an admitted crack addict as well as admitting to having four abortions. it would seem to me that just taking the abortion info. re. her, she is the last person to be quoting the bible even if she is born-again. how very convenient that now she views abortion as a sin but back in the day was using it as a very effective means of birth control. if you can watch the extended clip of this woman’s guest spot on “the view,” you will notice that baba wawa is clearly annoyed by the woman and one can conclude without a reasonable doubt that this thing will not be asked to appear on that show ever again.

22. john says

Why put Rosie O’Donnell on a pedestal??? Quite right that she stands up for GLBT rights, but that doesn’t mean her personal life isn’t flawed…Her relationship with Kelli “Carpenter” in my opinion violates certain feminist tenets: Kelli changed her surname when they ‘married’. Secondly, Kelli seems to have relinquished some of her personal power to be with Rosie, likewise so has Rosie. Also I don’t believe in ‘butch’/’fem’ relationships that are based on stereotyping, especially for long term unions…. I could go on.

23. shane says

Uh, I thought it was common knowledge that at least 3 of the 9/11 highjackers were here after their student visas had expired (in case you don’t know, that makes them here illegally).

24. John says

Ever wonder why black men go on the DL? Ask Star Parker about it.

I’ll say it again, in my opinion, as a group the black community has a lot of issues with the whole gay thing.

25. says

Have you ever realized that when you buy readymade suits you get a choice of only a few colors & styles, also finding the perfect fit are quite difficult? Wouldn’t it be better to choose from over 2000 different British & Italian fabrics and get a tailor made suit at a similar price that you pay for readymade suits?

We are a company based in Hong Kong and have been providing custom made suits & shirts since 1997. With representatives in major cities around the globe we can arrange to show you the fabric samples and take your measurements, or you can also place your orders online with the help of our measuring guide. There are over 2000 fabrics to choose from along with all the latest styles.

All our suits and shirts are produced by highly skilled Shanghainese tailors in Hong Kong and delivered in about 4 weeks, express delivery can be made in 2 weeks at a minor extra cost. In case you are not able to find what you are looking for then please let us know your requirement may it be in words or by a photograph and we could arrange it for you.

We also have an outlet at the Hotel Intercontinental Budapest where you are most welcome to visit us. Though we are not located in streets like Savile Row (London), we have still been able to offer made to measure suits to many VIP’s from around the world.

Experience an easier way of shopping for bespoke suits & shirts at Euro Tailors