Eva Longoria | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Eva Longoria Thrilled the New Gays Can't Stand Teri Hatcher

Dh1_2

Eva Longoria tells Access Hollywood she's thrilled with the new additions to Wisteria Lane:

"I am really excited about the gay neighbors, it is about time. I am surprised we haven’t had them before. They’re funny, oh god they’re funny. [They] have a lot with Teri Hatcher – they are like, catty with her and they don’t like her and it is so fun. They’re my neighbors. They are actually the house right next to me and I haven’t really interacted with them too much. I would love [a script involving my character and their characters]. Gabrielle should be friends with the gays."

Comments

1. "The gays"? Like Eva but she's never seemed like her first beauty pageant win would have been as Miss MENSA 1998. Is she unsure about the flatness of the earth, too? In any case, ABC's favorite Repug fudge highway Marc Will- Somebody-Anybody-Please-Take-My Cherry has already made her the hag to one fag, the totally talentless flamer-for-hire Alexandra Mapa. OF COURSE, he'll see that the two girls above will be pansy pals of Gabi. She might as well be a crossover character from "Sex In the City." Can't we expect them to dish the Wisteria Lane dirt together, swoon over her fabooo wardrobe, salivate over "Mike" and "Carlos" and young "Andrew." Let's just pray Cherry doesn't make them potential molestors of "Lynette's" grade school sons. What? He already did that with another character? And dressed him as Santa Claus at a block party? Nevermind.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Sep 19, 2007 11:02:01 AM

2. Who ate your lunch and ran?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 19, 2007 11:06:57 AM

3. Is this boring show still on? I can only expect that "the gays" will be stereotypical of what we're supposed to be. This show passes for so-called entertainment and not reality, right? Whatever, it'll be another attempt to depict the LGBT community that will fall flat. Ho-hum.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Sep 19, 2007 12:27:08 PM

4. Is this boring show still on? I can only expect that "the gays" will be stereotypical of what we're supposed to be. This show passes for so-called entertainment and not reality, right? Whatever, it'll be another attempt to depict the LGBT community that will fall flat. Ho-hum.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Sep 19, 2007 12:28:13 PM

5. While it's not "must see TV" for me, I still enjoy the show.

It strikes me that Leland and Desperate Housewives is like Stephen and gay marriage. Every time it's brought up, within seconds Leland posts pretty much what he posted here.

Posted by: db | Sep 19, 2007 12:56:02 PM

6. The frequency of my disparaging of "Desperate Housewives" doesn't make it any less accurate. But, more importantly, DB, I resent your mentioning me and straight Fundy lurker "Stephen-Marriage-Is-For-Procreation" in the same stinking breath.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Sep 19, 2007 1:04:52 PM

7. When are people going to realize that referring to "the gays" is objectifying and offensive? Of course, I suppose some prefer to be narrowly labeled...

Posted by: Henry | Sep 19, 2007 1:40:10 PM

8. Leland, though you may resent the mention that doesn't make it any less accurate.

Posted by: db | Sep 19, 2007 4:28:59 PM