Gay Pride | John Barrowman | News | Wales

BigGayDeal.com

John Barrowman Appears at Cardiff, Wales Mardi Gras with Partner

Torchwood star John Barrowman made an appearance over the weekend at the Lesbian & Gay Mardi Gras in Cardiff, Wales where he has a home with his partner, British architect Scott Gill.

Barrowman thrilled the crowd by getting up on the main stage and instructing the audience how to deal with some anti-gay protestors who were outside the festival.

Said Barrowman: "My partner and I - Scott step up - this is my partner Scott. We had our civil partnership in the St. David's hotel in beautiful Cardiff, and are proud to be gay and in Cardiff! On your way out, those people who are protesting with those signs about saying how we're all evil and bad - when you walk past them, just tell them that they're the evil ones - and bless them. Also, I think if we can give a big cheer and round of applause for the police, because they're doing a great job keeping jerks like that out. Good on 'em!"

The ninth annual Pride event attracted 40,000 people, according to organizers.

Recently
John Barrowman's Fantasies Come Out
John Barrowman Gets Cheeky with OK Magazine [tr]
Scottish-American Actor John Barrowman in Civil Partnership [tr]

Comments

1. John Barrowman is a class act. I love that man.

Posted by: Tread | Sep 6, 2007 11:54:49 AM

2. Evidently Lent comes late (or very early) in Wales.

Posted by: Raybob | Sep 6, 2007 12:47:17 PM

3. LOVES ME SOME JOHN BARROWMAN!!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 6, 2007 1:02:09 PM

4. My partner is always harping on about going to Cardiff. I've told him 'not until you learn Cymraeg'.

Posted by: Gary | Sep 6, 2007 1:09:05 PM

5. Excellent! Way to go, John! That's positive gay activism!

Posted by: Nikko | Sep 6, 2007 3:41:52 PM

6. THAT is how a real Gay and out and proud actor does it.....

Posted by: Joshua | Sep 6, 2007 4:28:58 PM

7. I just saw the pilot of "Torchwood". It's my first (virgin???) John Barrowman experience and WOW! It sounds like he's as hot in real life as he is on television.

On "Torchwood"... the scene with the alien "perfume" was great! Anyone besides me want them to mass market that???!!!

Posted by: Dean | Sep 8, 2007 11:48:08 PM

8. Hi There,

I am honoured that MY clip was used in your story. However I thought it was polite at least to give credit where credit is due.

John has always spoke with passion about his sexuality and his partner. I recorded it whilst attending Cardiff Mardi Gras, and felt that what he said was fantastic, which is why I shared it with the world.

Nicky/knickers71uk at you tube

Posted by: Nicola Field | Sep 9, 2007 9:36:15 AM

9. I love John Barrowman and I love Torchwood... (sigh). He's fantastic on scree and off. Oh, Scott--you lucky, lucky man!

Posted by: Chris | Jan 7, 2008 11:43:28 PM