Carol Channing’s “Diamond Dress” Returned

Those of you who spent your weekend worrying about Carol Channing’s “diamond dress” theft, you can rest easy. The garment was returned over the weekend by a homeless man (who is apparently not the LAPD’s “person of interest” in the case) and will now be headed to the Smithsonian.

Carol Channing: “I’m So Grateful!” [tmz]

Recently
Carol Channing’s “Diamond Dress” in Hollywood Heist [tr]
Carol Channing Wants Her Dress Back [tr]

Comments

1. Brian says

Gosh, good thing that they didn’t release the name of the “person of interest”, seeing as how it was another random dude to begin with.

2. the queen says

I’m so happy for Carol. I’d get pissed, too, if somebody stole my drag! And real diamonds no less. Me and my husband saw her in “Hello Dolly” in Pasadena some time ago. I thought she was going to fall into the bass drums but she was magnificent and really worked that stage. Natch she got a standing ovation afterwards and gave a 15 minute speech and we we’re still standing for her. “Oh you poor people, you’re still standing. Sit down, dears.” She was a scream. Gotta love her. One of the greats.

3. JJA says

HA! i found the comments amusing the other day because this woman was a special guest playing to 45 THOUSAND people over three nights at the hollywood bowl, and in her two numbers, its clear she is aged, but the lady’s still got it!

4. soulbrotha says

“The Los Angeles police department, they just care for us as if we’re all family.”
    Girl, what have YOU been smokin’?

5. Mike says

Omigod, I typed “Carol Channing” into the search field at Youtube.com and I ended up watching the most hypnotic, stunning performance I’ve ever seen… this woman is bizarre but intoxicating!

Seriously, you will freak when you see this performance. Talk about energy!

6. Jordan says

Mike. I saw what you were talking about, and it’s true.

She must not be as old as she looks. A bundle of energy, that one! Probably the meth.