Australia | John Howard | Kevin Rudd | News

Australian Politico's Ear Wax Snack is International Sensation

In a testament to the power of viral video, a piece of six-year-old footage showing Australia's opposition leader Kevin Rudd probing his ear and then placing his finger in his mouth has caused such a stir that it has been featured in newspapers the world over, as well as on The Tonight Show.

Said Rudd, who leads John Howard in the polls and looks likely to become Australia's new PM next month: "I'm really pleased about that — how did I go on Jay Leno? All of us in public and private life I'm sure would wish our behavior to be more ideal."

Comments

1. Gross. I have a nose picker in my office and I keep waiting for him to taste the fruits of his loins.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Nov 1, 2007 5:30:04 PM

2. I saw this on Leno and was totally grossed out. And Dave.......you need to set the nose picker out on the street. I would never work in an office with a pig like that. This is a sign of the lowest form of intelligence, among other things.

Posted by: Johnny Lane | Nov 1, 2007 5:40:51 PM

3. Last week I was sitting in a booth in a crowded restaurant having lunch with some friends. There was a guy sitting in the booth behind ours, facing me, who kept picking his nose and then putting his fingers in his mouth. In a restaurant! People are disgusting.

All I have to say about this Australian guy is that his politics pretty much have to be better than those of John Howard (who is just to the right of Bush), so ear-wax-taster or not, he'll be an improvement.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 1, 2007 5:49:08 PM

4. Oh I wish I could put him out. Unfortunately, or fortunately in someone's opinion, he is hot and knows it. He always wears tight dockers and on casual Friday, jeans so tight you can see his religion.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Nov 1, 2007 5:53:46 PM

5. My partner was so disgusted by this video and I totally agree.

However, if it were a different Mr. Rudd, my disgust at watching him suck on objects straight out of his orifice would...um...

Sorry.

Posted by: Rey | Nov 1, 2007 6:00:58 PM

6. I love the "ewww,gross" comments from guys who have probably licked a bunghole shiny.

Posted by: Vi Agara | Nov 1, 2007 7:02:37 PM

7. Talk about a low cal snack. You can eat all you want and not gain an ounce.

Posted by: Himbo with Highlites | Nov 1, 2007 7:06:08 PM

8. OM NOM NOM NOM

Posted by: jack | Nov 1, 2007 7:07:59 PM

9. Ha, too right Vi Agara! Anyways guys, have you ever actually sat and watched hours and hours of Parliament? You'd be driven to more than just picking your ears, believe me.

And note that this vid was made and distributed by the staff of Rudd's opponent, the ultra conservative John Howard, Oz's Worst-Ever-PM who has just 22 days left before he's massacred in a Rudd-slide (may contain boogers).

Posted by: Paul in Oz | Nov 1, 2007 7:11:10 PM

10. Seriously, guys. Yes, it's gross, but we're all a bunch of anus eaters here, so come on.

Posted by: Billy | Nov 1, 2007 7:40:34 PM

11. Not all we're anus eaters. Hepatitis C scares me, but rimming disgusts me, even it's cleaned.

Posted by: rdiazsi | Nov 1, 2007 9:22:51 PM

12. Er, 'scuse me, guys, but if I eat anus, it's gotta be clean and washed or forget it. Besides, do we forget that vagina eliminates pee and...yep, blood? So oral sex is not exactly clean, but with hygiene, is relatively safe,and less gross.

Posted by: nikko | Nov 1, 2007 9:25:30 PM

13. You guys can bitch about rimming all you want -- I\\\\\\\'m grossed out by the guy fastening the top button on a 3-button jacket!!! YUCK!!!

And is that Mrs. Slocum sitting in front of the wax-a-holic? Love the rrrrrred hair!

Posted by: Becks07 | Nov 1, 2007 10:33:42 PM

14. Still - he's no nearly as repulsive as John Howard! Get rid of Howard now!

Posted by: jackson | Nov 2, 2007 12:33:24 AM

15. YAY, that's our new prime minister there!

Posted by: Chaq | Nov 2, 2007 12:48:43 AM

16. 'Mrs Slocum' with the red hair is actually Julia Gillard, who has had a huge makeover since this vid was made (it's quite old), courtesy of her boyfriend who's a hairdresser.

She sounds straight out of Kath and Kim but she's tough and we love her (in a purely politically platonic sort of way, of course) and she's going to be our next Deputy PM!

Posted by: Paul in Oz | Nov 2, 2007 1:21:49 AM

17. Just to clarify---Hep C is only transmittable through blood, and has no vaccine.

Hep A and B have vaccines, and everyone (especially gay men) should get them.

And I hope this goes without saying: earwax has zero relation to any disease. Maybe it's gross to you----but it's nothing like rimming, unless shit runs out your ears. Ears and anuses are erotic to some people. Go figure. But they're not anywhere near the same.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 2, 2007 1:53:33 AM

18. where else but on towleroad would people be discussing the relative cleanliness of earholes and assholes? i prefer the nether regions; there is more personality there.

Posted by: nic | Nov 2, 2007 3:09:58 AM

19. Come to think of it, I like it when my bf sticks his tongue in my ear.

Posted by: Frank Jackson | Nov 2, 2007 6:50:17 AM

20. Come to think of it, I like it when my bf sticks his tongue in my Rear.

Posted by: Frank Jackson | Nov 2, 2007 6:50