Denver | Election 2008 | ENDA | George Clooney | Howard K. Stern | Lance Bass | Larry Birkhead | New York | News | Pat Robertson | Rita Cosby | Rudy Giuliani | Sydney | Virginia

News: George Clooney, Dogs, ENDA, Gay Muslims, Rudy Giuliani

road.jpg ENDA: Michelangelo Signorile asks some tough questions of HRC's Joe Solmonese about the decision to go from opposing a non-transgender ENDA to fully backing it. (AUDIO)

Lanceroad.jpg Lance Bass and new man Ben Thigpen spend their bread at Butter.

road.jpg George Clooney and Fabio get their claws out at West Hollywood restaurant: "I thought you were a nice guy. Stop being a diva!"

road.jpg All I can say is, thank goodness there aren't many cliffs in Wisconsin.

road.jpg Judge sees evidence that Rita Cosby "crossed the line" in evidence gathering for her Anna nicole book which alleges a gay relationship between Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead: "A federal judge in the Southern District of New York issued an order today in the wake of Stern's allegation that Cosby 'sought to tamper with two witnesses by offering to pay them thousands of dollars for their testimony.' The judge allowed Stern to probe the allegation, concluding he has 'presented substantial -- indeed troubling -- evidence that Cosby has sought to improperly influence witnesses...' In a statement to TMZ, Rita Cosby said 'I am pleased that the Court will get to the bottom of these unfounded allegations. I trust that when all the facts come out that a very different picture will be shown.'"

Gyllenspoonroad.jpg Gyllenhaal and Witherspoon in nocturnal paparazzi ambush.

road.jpg Sydney summer Gay Day going green.

road.jpg According to Mother Jones, Towleroad is blocked at the Denver International Airport: "Your request to URL "http://www.towleroad.com/" has been blocked by the URL Filter Database. The URL is listed under categories (Provocative Attire, Politics / Opinion), which are not allowed by your administrator at this time. The following reputation level was assigned to it: Neutral."

road.jpg Democrats take back the state Senate in Virginia.

Dogsroad.jpg World's tallest dog meets world's smallest.

road.jpg The NYT visits gay Muslims who have gained asylum in NYC: "Even as they reveled in newfound freedom compared with the Muslim world, they remained closeted, worried about being ostracized at the mosque or at their local falafel stand. 'They’re afraid of the rest of the community here,' said Ayman, a stocky 31-year-old from Jordan, who won asylum in the United States last year on the basis of his sexuality. 'It’s such a big wrong in the Koran that it is impossible to be accepted.' For gay Muslims, change may come via a nascent body of scholarship in minority Muslim communities where the reassessment of sacred texts used to damn homosexuality is gaining momentum."

road.jpg I'll take the two of spades: Eva Mendes plays with some hot cards.

road.jpg Pat Robertson endorses Rudy Giuliani. Talking Points Memo: "...the Robertson endorsement Rudy Giuliani bagged today is perhaps the ultimate fusion of right-wing religious extremism and war on terror mania. Giuliani's claim to the presidency is based on his service as mayor during and immediately after 9/11. What stops him from being a shoe-in for the nomination is his track record supporting abortion rights and gay rights. But, Robertson is on record saying that 9/11 was America's punishment for its sinful gay-loving, abortion permitting culture. As Robertson says on his website, the attacks happened because God withdrew his protection from America. He agreed with the late Jerry Falwell that America "deserved" 9/11."

road.jpg Clinton lead slips 10% following debate debacle.

Comments

1. Please Andy I beg of you no more Lance Basshole posts...

Posted by: Davey | Nov 7, 2007 1:50:25 PM

2. Lance can pick the cuties. That boy he is hittin on is so hot! Yummy!

Posted by: yum | Nov 7, 2007 1:55:14 PM

3. That URL Filter Database is both fascinating and retarded. I wonder if it was the "Provocative Attire" or the "Politics/Opinion" that got you by blocked by the puritans at the Denver airport?

Posted by: crispy | Nov 7, 2007 2:02:03 PM

4. That Great Dane looks like he's thinking, "Who got hair all over my Scooby Snack?".

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 7, 2007 2:04:15 PM

5. "World's tallest dog meets world's smallest" ...and eats it.

Posted by: Darrin | Nov 7, 2007 2:04:28 PM

6. ....worried about being ostracized at the mosque or at their local falafel stand."? darlings, try Hamburger Mary's, you're in 'merica now.

Posted by: the queen | Nov 7, 2007 2:05:21 PM

7. Yeah Muslim countries have a long way to go. But then again so do a lot of Christian nations too.

I read that George vs Fabio piece over at Perezhilton.com and it was hilarious the way he described it.

Oh and Lance seems to have gotten himself a cute one this time. Go Lance,Go!

Posted by: Shabaka | Nov 7, 2007 2:06:20 PM

8. Ben slept with Lance's ex.

Posted by: Chad | Nov 7, 2007 2:20:15 PM

9. I wish you would stop posting these bits like the Gyllenhaal mention whose origins are the stalking and ambushing of people trying to live their lives. All it does is encourage other scum photogs to accost people in situations that are frequently dangerous.

I live in the area a lot of this happens in the Hollywood Hills. I can reasonably see a celebrity accidentally slamming on the gas after being startled and plowing into somebody's living room or, God forbid, over the drive and crashing down the hillside. Or outside the restaurants and somebody walking their dog gets hit.

I get the posing at an event or out at a club, but not while they're driving their car or in their home/property. I know, personally, I couldn't take that kind of crap and somebody other than myself would either end up shot or hit by my car...

www.theskinofmyteeth.com

David

Posted by: David B. | Nov 7, 2007 2:31:08 PM

10. I thought Jake was involved with Austin Nichols and that it was serious. I guess he's a better actor than I thought. :)

Posted by: SFshawn | Nov 7, 2007 2:33:20 PM

11. OK, we're ten posts in and nobody's talking about ENDA – that's just sad. Did anyone listen to the audio clip?

Posted by: SRB | Nov 7, 2007 2:46:17 PM

12. Rudy and Pat, two peas in a pod, just disgusting how these sorts hook up. I guess now, good old boy Rudy will start trying to out Mitt Mitt on gay issues.

And, speaking of hooking up, has Mr. Bass had one night without a man since the love of his life kicked him to the curb? Money can keep a man in your bed, no matter what I guess!

And, that dog picture is just too adorable!

Posted by: Sebastian | Nov 7, 2007 3:01:02 PM

13. Why do people find Lance so attractive? I just dont get it! It has to be the money. God, whats wrong with the world? Thats it, I quit! Im now a lesbian.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 7, 2007 3:06:21 PM

14. Lance has been dating this guy for at least 3 months.

Posted by: jj | Nov 7, 2007 3:07:46 PM

15. He asked great questions to Joe..and HRC is sickening me with this move.

Posted by: gabriel | Nov 7, 2007 3:33:38 PM

16. Right, Chad. Keep making shit up about people you've never met. I'm sure you're single and very alone.

Posted by: green | Nov 7, 2007 3:34:18 PM

17. Zeke

LOL

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Nov 7, 2007 3:59:53 PM

18. Big dogs rule!

Posted by: David | Nov 7, 2007 4:18:13 PM

19. By calling Hillary's debate performance a "debacle," you're totally buying into and repeating the right-wing spin points.

Posted by: Westerly | Nov 7, 2007 4:23:20 PM

20. Westerly

She herself has stated

It was sexism's fault

Bill came out and said it was "swiftboating" as if comparing what was done to Kerry's war record compares to be called forth to state her stands on policies.

She herself has now stated publicly "I was not at the top of my game"

Her own campaign and her own words point to her knowing it was a fiasco. A 10% drop in poll numbers shows it was devastating.

Please put down that kool aid from the clinton cult before it is too late.

Posted by: Watch out for that clinton cult kool aid | Nov 7, 2007 5:07:42 PM

21. I wonder if other gay sites are banned at the Denver airport, and how automated the system is?

Hurray for big dogs! I'd always be worried about stepping on a small one. But all (well, most) dogs are great.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 7, 2007 5:30:40 PM

22. Jimmyboyo, one s/n, please!

Posted by: Jason | Nov 7, 2007 5:32:02 PM

23. Lance Bass is never news. Will this madness ever stop?

Posted by: Gianpiero | Nov 7, 2007 6:27:54 PM

24. Green (I mean Ben)--
    I'm not making it up. Ben and Jesse slept together when Jesse was visiting New York a few weeks ago. Ask Jesse.

Posted by: Chad | Nov 7, 2007 6:33:36 PM

25. Towleroad is blocked at many airports and at every American Airlines Admiral's Club that I've ever tried to access it from. It's considered "adult" content.

Posted by: Greg | Nov 7, 2007 8:04:35 PM