Jake Shears | Music | News | Scissor Sisters | Take That

BigGayDeal.com

Jake Shears Would "Take That" if Asked

Blessed with a bit off downtime between albums and tours, the Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears and Babydaddy reached out to recently re-formed boyband Take That and said they'd offer up Jake's services as an understudy. Take That recently canceled tour dates after band member Howard Donald ruptured his lung at a concert.

Jake_shearsSaid Shears to the UK's Daily Star: "I absolutely love Take That and would drop everything to join them on stage. It sucked that Howard got injured. I would have been him for a while if they’d asked. Right now I have time in my schedule and it means I’d get to dance again – though I’d probably pass on the backflips.”

Babydaddy chimed in: "I love the way Jake says he would drop writing our album to join Take That, but I adore them too so I’d tell him to go for it. Jake hasn’t danced for the past couple of months because we haven’t been on stage and I think he needs a little pick-me-up. He needs to get his dancing shoes back on. I don’t need to hear a word Gary says – I just love him. I know I’m not in the majority here, but I think he’s the sexiest creature ever."

And for a reminder of Take That at their campy peak, check out this gem:

(image above: kevin tachman/WENN)

Jake Shears And Babydaddy Scissor Gary Barlow [chart rigger]
JAKE THAT! [daily star]

Comments

1. God how I loved that blond dude. So fricken dreamy.

Posted by: secretagentman | Nov 27, 2007 12:31:14 PM

2. Given my previous posts about the Scissor Sisters, I should preface this by saying that I'm being sincere when I say that that's a really cute pic of Jake doing pushups. I like the outfit.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 27, 2007 12:43:11 PM

3. I clicked on the Take That video and turned up the sound on my computer. "That's kind of nice", I thought, "A bit cheesy, but somewhere in there is a nice sort of sound that I didn't expect." That's when I realized that in the background iTunes was playing 'Great Days for the Passenger Element' from Autolux.

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 27, 2007 12:47:29 PM

4. I rather like that picture of Jake Shears' cum face.

Posted by: FASTLAD | Nov 27, 2007 12:51:13 PM

5. And people accuse the Scissor Sisters of being over the top! Take That is the type of band that could only achieve massive success in Europe (as with the Scissor Sisters). The US is too uptight, but hot damn those boys are cute.

The music is utterly disposable, obviously.

Posted by: Paul | Nov 27, 2007 1:03:57 PM

6. The video was sublime, thanks.

But, "ruptured his lung"!!?? Dear god! Ouch! How does one do that exactly?

Posted by: Gregg | Nov 27, 2007 1:27:08 PM

7. Oh, the virtues of youth... [sigh]. So young, so cute, so... bubblicious!

Posted by: Rad | Nov 27, 2007 1:30:32 PM

8. I've never seen this video or heard of this group. How fun! They are like a sexy, cuter version of Nsync!

Posted by: cb | Nov 27, 2007 1:46:53 PM

9. love robbie williams

Posted by: TOBOOT | Nov 27, 2007 2:03:03 PM

10. What is Scissor Sisters?

Posted by: Javier | Nov 27, 2007 2:04:04 PM

11. How sweet to see five healthy young heterosexual men having simple, clean christian fun. Just being sunbeams for Jesus . . . .

Posted by: Leducdor | Nov 27, 2007 2:10:44 PM

12. After watching that video, my opinion of the music can be summed up in one word. Ick!

Posted by: brad | Nov 27, 2007 2:22:49 PM

13. Brad.....I think the music is irrelevant to the reality of 5 hot guys.

Posted by: Joshua | Nov 27, 2007 5:04:42 PM

14. lol @ brad and joshua.

I've seen this video before. The one I hadn't seen was "Pray" via the menu on the Youtube player. Now I'm torn between the awesome sound of "Pray" and the line of beef in "Do What You Want"

Jake Shears & Scissor Sisters has always been a fave of mine - No contest there. Take that should "take that" offer.

Posted by: Lika Starr | Nov 27, 2007 11:28:38 PM

15. awesome lads!! I wonder who got to take them home after the concerts??

Posted by: alan brickman | Nov 28, 2007 1:04:08 AM