News | Ole Henriksen | Ricky Martin

Ricky Martin Outed by Hollywood Skincare Guru Ole Henriksen?

Rickymartin

Hollywood skincare guru Ole Henriksen's comments about Ricky Martin have been receiving international attention.

HenriksenIn an interview with E's Ted Casablanca, Henriksen perhaps broke the client confidentiality rule when asked who he'd take on a romantic getaway (aside from his partner).

Said Henriksen: "I’d go for Stig Tøfting [former Danish soccer player], but since he’s straight, I’d say my client Ricky Martin."

Additional remarks were published by a Swedish media outlet, which quoted Henriksen as saying (loose translation): "[Ricky Martin] is a little more open about it these days than he used to be...I don’t know if he has a boyfriend."

Ricky Martin spoke out on the issue of closeted celebrities following Mexican pop star Christian Chavez' disclosure that he was gay earlier of this year.

At that time, Martin said: "Life is too short to live closed up, guarding what you say. [Christian] has to be free in many aspects. I wish him much strength."

You may have missed...
Ricky Martin Wants Some Little Rickys, But with Whom? [tr]
Mario Testino Moving in Next to Ricky Martin in NYC [tr]
Ricky Martin's Puerto Rican Parade: It's Good to be King [tr]
Christian Chavez on Coming Out: "I Felt Free..." [tr]

(source)

Comments

1. I read somewhere that the guy in the photo of Ricky on the beach is actually his brother. kinda creepy that folks keep identifying him as Ricky's boyfriend.

Posted by: bostonbear | Dec 10, 2007 9:36:06 AM

2. I think Ricky should come out if he's gay (please let him play on our team... he's sooooo gorgeous...), but miss skincare isn't going to last long if he continues to talk about his clients to the press. It's very unprofessional any way you slice it.

(That is, if you can call Ted Casablanca "the press", which I think is stretching it a bit.)

Posted by: Brian | Dec 10, 2007 10:03:34 AM

3. Oh, just wrap up that shaking bon bon and put it under my tree! What a nice way to begin a Monday!

I don't know if any client/patient confidentiality boundaries have been broken unless "Skin Care Guru" ranks up there with other certified health care professionals, however BRIAN is right, if you are going to openly gossip about your clients, you're not going to be around too much longer (unless he's hoping to land another reality show on Bravo).

Posted by: Rad | Dec 10, 2007 10:22:34 AM

4. I do not think Ricky Martin will ever "come-out" publically. I think he lives out. If someone asks you are you gay and you refuse to answer the question it means you are gay. I think he fall somewhere above a 3 on the Kinsey scale.

Posted by: T. Zac | Dec 10, 2007 10:56:44 AM

5. Ricky won't ever come out, even tho' we all know he's a big 'mo.

And that guy he's with is totally hot.
    I'm so glad those big dark dumb guys go for us small blonde dumb guys ;)

Posted by: Jordan | Dec 10, 2007 11:35:17 AM

6. watch it jordan.... this big dark guy is not dumb.

Posted by: astro | Dec 10, 2007 11:57:52 AM

7. A (male) L.A. dancer friend of mine hooked up with Ricky Martin a few times about 10 years ago, just for sex. I wish Ricky would come out but I don't think he ever will.

Posted by: tobey | Dec 10, 2007 1:03:37 PM

8. sorry astro, didn't mean all, just some ;

Posted by: Jordan | Dec 10, 2007 2:09:53 PM

9. Oopsy! "I didn't mean to say that! Did I say that?"

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Dec 10, 2007 6:03:25 PM

10. I too have heard stories about Ricki Martin before he hit it big with his "crossover" album. I think it was about the time of his General Hospital gig - he would go out with guys. But as he got more famous, he started to be more subdued.

That is too bad he's not out at this point in his career. He's a superstar singer - and I think he's made plenty of money, what with royalties and all.

I think he's a nice guy as I also remember watching interviews in Spanish. He was always so gracious and proud in putting a positive image of latinos. Wish he would add a positive image of gay latinos ... that would be great!

Posted by: FunMe | Dec 10, 2007 6:15:55 PM

11. aAnd my former hairdresser, who I had to fire cause he cut my hair while on crack, once said he knew someone who knew someone who said about Ricky...
    Okay, so here it is:

"Ricky, you got some 'splaining to do!"

Posted by: Puddy Katz | Dec 10, 2007 10:07:17 PM

12. it's definitely NOT his brother. the guy with Ricky is a native of miami born of cuban parents and i don't remember his name but i'm sure he's not ricky martin's brother. He used to train at my gym on south beach Idol's gym and was an aspiring model. We all thought he was in the closet because none of us ever saw him around in the beach with any girl, always flying solo. Guess it was worth it for him to come out for ricky martin. I also know of a friend that personally knows him from his Menudo days and they confirmed that ever since Menudo he always dated older men, that his homosexuality was never hidden amongst his friends. It is irresponsible of him and many other latin public figures to not come out (emilio estefan included). Save for the lead singer of RBD, young latino gays have no positive role models and teen suicide rates of gay men and women could decrease if only they had a strong, positive role model to inspire them. His actions or lack thereof, only serve to reinforce the societal assumption that to be gay in latin america is so wrong that even if you are a superstar, you should still be ashamed and keep it under wraps. Every one can tell that ricky martin is completely homo and we all know he's in the closet. Ricky's (and other artist's in the public eye) refusal to come out only serves to support the negative that we have no rights and should all hide in the corners like cockroaches. After all, what is he afraid of? That people won't buy his records, they are already NOT doing that. Hey, maybe it'll boost his waning popularity.

Posted by: antonio | Dec 11, 2007 11:09:41 AM

13. Why should Ricky Martin be responsible to came out? It's no ones business with whom she shares his privat life.

The only negative picture about gay community are showing you guys here while crying about something that you personaly are not able to handle - the fact that you are gay.

Posted by: Boricua | Dec 11, 2007 2:43:28 PM

14. OK guys. It's been enough with discrimination and violence of Ricky Martin's privacy. You are so obsessed with this subject and it's time that you get rid of it. There is nothing wrong of being gay, hetero or bisexual and I'm sure that you won't be able to find anything inappropriate in Martins love life even thought it may be true that he is gay. I'm pretty sure that the fans and majority of the readers society have enough of your triviality and gossiping. Further more we don't need to be manipulated and linked by uneducated media and press. What is the point of this discussion? Are you trying to teach me and others about sexuality? Well thanks, we are smart and educated enough to handle this matter. We can live with the fact that the life is not one dimensional. The only thing that is questionable in the 21st century is the sexual orientation and behaviour of the sexual predators, human and child traffickers who are forcing people and children into sexual slavery and crime that Mr. Martin is trying to fight against and eliminate it. I think you should write about this subject and I do believe that you can find predators and criminals in all sorts of sociaty levels incl. celebrities, politicians and world leaders. A subject good enough to keep the society breathless and get attention. Now use that chance and rescue yourself in spreading that kind of "gossiping" which can be useful to the humanity of the 21st century. Common, go ahead and be part of the change!

Posted by: E3 | Dec 11, 2007 10:53:18 PM

15. OK guys. It's been enough with discrimination and violence of Ricky Martin's privacy. You are so obsessed with this subject and it's time that you get rid of it. There is nothing wrong of being gay, hetero or bisexual and I'm sure that you won't be able to find anything inappropriate in Martins love life even thought it may be true that he is gay. I'm pretty sure that the fans and majority of the readers society have enough of your triviality and gossiping. Further more we don't need to be manipulated and linked by uneducated media and press. What is the point of this discussion? Are you trying to teach me and others about sexuality? Well thanks, we are smart and educated enough to handle this matter. We can live with the fact that the life is not one dimensional. The only thing that is questionable in the 21st century is the sexual orientation and behaviour of the sexual predators, human and child traffickers who are forcing people and children into sexual slavery and crime that Mr. Martin is trying to fight against and eliminate it. I think you should write about this subject and I do believe that you can find predators and criminals in all sorts of sociaty levels incl. celebrities, politicians and world leaders. A subject good enough to keep the society breathless and get attention. Now use that chance and rescue yourself in spreading that kind of "gossiping" which can be useful to the humanity of the 21st century. Common, go ahead and be part of the change!

Posted by: E3 | Dec 11, 2007 10:55:43 PM

16. I think E3 might just be Mr. Martin himself.

Posted by: Joseph | Dec 17, 2007 3:36:38 AM

17. Whether he is or is not gay is his own business. As far as the guy in the photo, on the beach with him, is concerned... I know him well. He is not Ricky's brother. What he is is an amazing guy who doesn't deserve to be gossiped about. Both of them deserve the same privacy as we all do. All of you should get lives of your own instead of wasting your time speculating on other people's!!!

Posted by: annonymous | Dec 19, 2007 3:01:17 PM

18. Hey Joseph, it's revealed now - you are not able to think!

Posted by: E3 | Dec 22, 2007 7:11:32 AM

19. Hey Joseph, it's revealed now - you are not able to think!

Posted by: E3 | Dec 22, 2007 7:13:10 AM

20. Here is an interview taken 2 years ago on Dutch television during Ricky’s promotion for the ONO tour.

I think this is a proof enough against all the rumors that Ricky never commented his sexuality and against all the rumors that are stil circling around. As Ricky said in the interview “PEOPLE, IT’S 21ST CENTURY - MOVE ON!!!!”

Posted by: E3 | Dec 22, 2007 5:44:23 PM