Lil Wayne | Music | News | Zac Efron

BigGayDeal.com

Zac Efron "Collaboration" with Lil Wayne No More Than a Wet Dream

Late yesterday, a rather bizarre article from the Orange County Weekly momentarily threw the gossip blogosphere into a frenzy. Writer Ben Westhoff seemed to imply that a musical collaboration between rapper Lil Wayne and Zac Efron was more than just about the tunes:

Wayne_efron_illustration"'Zac and me was both in San Francisco a few months ago for a comic book convention or something, and we met at an afterparty at some bar,' he says, pausing to break down pieces of pungent pot to roll into a joint. 'To get away from these girls that was chasing him, he ducked into the bathroom and I followed him in there. I was like, ‘What’s crackin’, my brother from another mother?’' At that very moment—as if on cue—the San Luis Obispo-born Efron himself emerges from Wayne’s den. I’ll later learn that the 20-year-old brunette heartthrob is crashing in Wayne’s guest room while the two work on their High School Musical songs together, but for now it’s like seeing a polar bear in the middle of the Brazilian rain forest. 'What’s up, my nigga?' Efron says, giving Wayne a pound, a hug, and then, to my astonishment, a full-on kiss, reminiscent of the one Wayne famously gave his surrogate father Baby last year. (Obviously, Efron is going to have to work harder to squelch rumors surrounding his sexual orientation.) 'I’ve been a big fan of Wayne for a long time,' says Efron, emerging from the embrace and cueing up a CD player. 'These are the cuts we just finished. Dope, right?' I wish I could share his enthusiasm, but the songs are a bit jarring, to say the least. On 'All for One,' Efron sings the chorus—'Everybody all for one, a real summer has just begun! Let’s rock and roll and just let go, feel the rhythm of the drums. We’re gonna have fun in the sun!'—while Wayne raps: 'I’m a dog, you’re all a bunch of fleas on my dick. Driving a Jag, er, like my name was Mick. I’m so sour like cream with chives, and my sperm will make your face break out in hives.'"

Westhoff's article was entirely parody but threw some eager to expose the pig-tail-wearing High School Musical star's sexuality off for a short while. Though should Efron's well-pancaked face break out in hives eyebrows will no doubt be raised.

THE EFRON SCANDAL [oc weekly]
LINK: Lil Wayne Meets High School Musical [xxl]
(via source)
photo: parody too.

Comments

1. This is a funny article. It is only time before we know if he is gay or not. It is just said if he is, that he is forced to hide it. Hiding who you are is never a healthy thing to do.

Posted by: Michael | Dec 18, 2007 9:31:06 AM

2. Sometimes I think people's "gaydar" is more wishful thinking. Could Zac Efron be gay? Sure. But just because he's done a few musical movies doesn't mean he's gay, or a toe-tapper for that matter. As cute as he is, he's probably straight.

Posted by: Ryan | Dec 18, 2007 9:34:33 AM

3. Haha, talk about wishful thinking! Don't get me wrong, Zac totally appears gay, but that article read like bad fan fiction...

Posted by: karashi | Dec 18, 2007 9:35:01 AM

4. Yeah, but what's with the pic? Eww.....

Posted by: Johnny Lane | Dec 18, 2007 10:06:41 AM

5. I must really be old, or not into pop culture as I have no clue as to who either of these dudes are!

Posted by: Sebastian | Dec 18, 2007 10:28:04 AM

6. Sebastian - Can't answer the old vs. out-of-it question, but I can tell you that one is a very popular young rapper with a big tween/teen following and the other is the star of the biggest cable phenomenon (not an exaggeration, the two tv movies, DVDs, and soundtracks just decimated existing records for sales, viewers, etc. in their fields), the two HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL original Disney musicals. Efron's been particularly hot as he starred in HAIRSPRAY this Summer and was on the cover of Rolling Stone (and all the gossip rags) looking hot, blonde, and young and all that comes with it. The musical thing and the slightly odd old-school "studio pairing (wink, wink)"-esque romance with his love interest from the film (he didn't blink when nude pictures of her sent to another guy surfaced, just squired her to the next premiere as scheduled), and the fact that his monthly hair and make-up costs more than my car have sparked the above referenced rumors and wishful thinking (which is really all we know it to be at this point).

Posted by: breck | Dec 18, 2007 11:10:53 AM

7. Lil Wayne's music is not exactly my cup of tea but his body and tatoos just kill me. His face and grillz now...Eww...I know, I'm being shallow.

Posted by: Shabaka | Dec 18, 2007 11:39:13 AM

8. "Wishful thinking?"

I certainly don't wish that Efron was gay, but c'mon, Zac Efron is gay as hell.

Posted by: Seann | Dec 18, 2007 1:22:56 PM

9. I personally think the thing is just a stunt. They've been talking about these 2 on the Internet for months. If you want real Lil Wayne news just check out the blogs or http://www.newlilwayne.com

Posted by: Mario | Dec 19, 2007 9:30:54 PM

10. fuck you. this shit is gay and fake as hell i hope you die and yo momma.

Posted by: Liz | Jan 8, 2008 8:11:11 AM

11. You people are all homo's. Who the hell knows if Zac Efron is gay or not. And to be honest WHO THE HELL CARES. He's drop dead gorgeous, frikin rich beyond belief and if he wants to keep his personal life private let him. I don't understand why people are such critizers. I've met a lot of guys who sing and dance in musicals and they are FAR from being gay. Lance Bass didn't admitt to being gay until after his career you want to know why. Once a person like Zac admitts they are gay they loose all their popularity. Imagine if one of the Jonas Brothers just stood up to the audience today and admitted they were gay. I mean come on. Give the guy a break. I'm sick of critizers and paparazzi's like you. Just leave him alone. And that picture up there is VERY BADLY PHOTOSHOPPED!! Get some new techniques. LATER

Posted by: jess | Jun 14, 2008 11:30:06 PM

12. yuck fake i hope u can change ur self

Posted by: b | Sep 24, 2008 10:30:06 AM

13. This is the really funny article. Hiding who you are is not really healthy thing...

Posted by: James M. | Oct 16, 2012 11:00:42 AM