Amy Winehouse | News

Advice from Amy Winehouse, Not That You Should Take It

Winehouse

The newly blond singer recently offered her thoughts on hitting the bottle:

"I'm of the school of thought where if you can't sort something out for yourself then no one can help you. I don't know whether that's because I'm a strong woman. If I go to the gym and I have a drink, I'm lovely to be around and really sweet. But if I haven't been training or if there's something bothering me, I'm a terrible drunk. I went to a restaurant recently and my friend was like, 'Do you remember the last time we were here? The head waiter carried you but you were trying to punch and kick us'...Drinking long-term is a lot worse than doing heroin. Alcohol's a real poison."

Comments

1. Scum deluxe.........

Posted by: Johnny Lane | Jan 10, 2008 9:53:00 AM

2. She's right. Alcohol is a depressant. If something is bothering you, a depressant is going to make you feel worse, not better.
    As good as a couple of cocktails might sound after a bad day, it's about the worst thing you can do. I like the new doo way better than the beehive.

Posted by: JJ | Jan 10, 2008 9:54:36 AM

3. her schtick is starting to get old....

Posted by: Yawn | Jan 10, 2008 10:03:26 AM

4. that's like getting parenting advice from Britney Spears.

Posted by: M@ | Jan 10, 2008 10:56:15 AM

5. Yeah now take a shower - Stinky Whinehouse - jeez you are borrrrrrrring

Posted by: glynn | Jan 10, 2008 11:25:15 AM

6. Drinking is fun!
    I've done that more times than I can count...my friends asking me stuff if I can remember & I'm like 'what?'....and have done worse & more embarrsing stuff in public than having to be carried out.

Party on girl!

Posted by: Jordan | Jan 10, 2008 12:11:18 PM

7. Was there advice in there somewhere? I'll take liquor over a needle any day of the week. I still love you Amy and I hope you keep it together long enough to make another album. Oh and I want that tshirt.

Posted by: royalle WiCheese | Jan 10, 2008 12:39:47 PM

8. Is she forgetting the hard stuff she does? Hello!

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jan 10, 2008 1:27:37 PM

9. You want that t-shirt? - well maybe after its been to the cleaners - It's the only Stinky will ever manage to get the darling Depp on to her minger body - talking of cleaners, she even dresses like one, from the 50's - what a MESS!

Posted by: Glynn | Jan 10, 2008 7:57:56 PM

10. Was she drunk when they quoted her? That verges on making no sense.

Posted by: Aman Chaudhary | Jan 11, 2008 5:22:21 AM

11. I love Amy. She's an incredible artist and I like my artists to be a little fucked up. I am over the boring American-idol type pop stars that clutter the industry. Amy, even messed up Amy, is more interesting than much and most out there.

Posted by: Marco | Jan 11, 2008 1:01:06 PM