Fashion Men | Hedi Slimane | Models | News

Josh Beech by Hedi Slimane for Vogue Hommes International

Beech

Hedi Slimane goes "Erotique" with model Josh Beech for the cover of the upcoming Vogue Hommes International.

In related news, Vman and Ford Models just launched their 'Model Search 2008'. Anyone can enter, anyone can vote. The winner will receive a contract with Ford Models, a Calvin Klein wardrobe, and the cover of VMAN11 photographed by...Hedi Slimane.

Previously
Mario Testino Tests Ashton Kutcher for Authenticity [tr]
Dior 2006: Hedi Slimane Finds a Muse [tr]

Comments

1. I will be so glad when stretched earlobes/plugs go out of style.

Posted by: peterparker | Mar 19, 2008 9:38:39 PM

2. Is Hedi Slimane gay or straight?

Regardless, I think he's fairly overrated. Not so much from a silhouette standpoint, but pretty much from every other standpoint.

Posted by: Juan | Mar 19, 2008 11:14:57 PM

3. Beautiful.

Posted by: z | Mar 20, 2008 8:01:12 AM

4. It's really refreshing to see a model with what looks like a quirky, custom tattoo and stretched lobes. Others need to realize that there are people who don't do these things as a trend or style, but because it makes them happy. While his mods are on the tame end, it really says something positive that he's on the cover of International Vogue.

Gorgeous.

Posted by: Maria | Mar 20, 2008 8:33:45 AM

5. MARIA,

I used to date someone with stretched lobes that were as large as silver dollars. At the time I thought his ear plugs were sort of gross, but I looked past it because I liked the rest of him (which, by the way, included about 15 body piercings, a large tattoo on his back and full sleeves). I actually like tattoos and (the majority of) body piercings. But stretched lobes are a different matter. They scream mutilation, so it's difficult for me to believe these particular body mods are making any of the wearers truly happy. In addition to that, stretched lobes look ludicrous. And I believe the majority of those who have them ARE following a trend/style...one that will leave them with disfigured lobes that they have to 'trim' when they decide they no longer want them. Utterly ridiculous.

xo,
    peterparker

Posted by: peterparker | Mar 20, 2008 11:37:22 AM

6. Does anyone else see Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in this photo?

Posted by: seattle | Mar 20, 2008 12:20:11 PM

7. Peter,
    I guess to each their own. I'm currently stretching my lobes, and while they are still tiny (and I have no plans to stretch them very big either) I'm happier now with my ears than I have ever been in my life. I hated wearing earrings when I was younger and was generally unhappy with my ears.

I follow no trends, I'm just an average college student who gets happier and happier every time I add to my body modifications. I've found a nice balance between having mods and them not hindering my career choices (looking at me you would not be able to tell that I have anything besides a standard lobe piercing).

Now, I don't doubt for a second that there are TONS of people out there who get stuff done to look cool. Make a race out of stretching their lobes and other holes and getting tattoos they will soon regret. Those are the people who will have to pay out big bucks to get ear reconstruction procedures, laser, you name it. But I know for a fact that there are so many more people who do it because they love them and for their own happiness. :)

-M

Posted by: Maria | Mar 20, 2008 12:50:35 PM

8. Cool guy. Love to look at this. Know some bisexual at http://bimingle.com love to show themselves in this way. We all think it's cool. And many of us do so.

Posted by: bisexualgirl06 | Mar 21, 2008 4:05:28 AM

9. Wow love the moody dark style, much better than the typical sun baked pretty boys. Ear tapers are a great look for this model I'd say there's alot more to him than his ears though!!

Posted by: hotcat | Apr 6, 2008 12:13:07 PM