Film | Gus van Sant | Harvey Milk | James Franco | News | Sean Penn

BigGayDeal.com

James Franco Rates Sean Penn His 'Top' Onscreen Love Interest

Pennfranco

Entertainment Weekly asks actor and fragrance spokesmodel James Franco how Sean Penn rates as an onscreen love interest compared to the actresses he's played opposite — Kirsten Dunst, Neve Campbell, and Catherine Keener.

Says Franco, who plays Penn's lover Scott Smith in the upcoming Milk: "The top! He's a little hairier than those other ones, but oh well..."

Of Milk in general, Franco says: "It's hard to think of a director or actor who I regard more highly than [Gus van Sant and Sean]. Gus has been a hero of mine since Drugstore Cowboy and My Own Private Idaho. And of course Sean is probably the best actor around. It was great. Surprisingly kind of comfortable and easy. Gus has a very soft-spoken, soft-handed approach, so he just brings everybody together, the right elements together, and then he doesn't really have to do much. It just kind of happens. At least that's how it feels...I know the two main questions I'm going to be asked in the next year are (referring to his role in Judd Apatow's Pineapple Express) 'How much pot did you smoke?' and 'What was it like to kiss Sean Penn?'

You may have missed...
Sean Penn and James Franco as Lovers in Milk [tr]

Comments

1. So what are the answers?

Posted by: anon | Apr 23, 2008 5:20:43 PM

2. James Franco is so hot

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 23, 2008 5:34:42 PM

3. Years ago, I heard a rumor that he experimented a bit with the "wild side". Can anyone recall that?

Posted by: Ted | Apr 24, 2008 12:40:36 AM

4. Everything I've heard and read about this movie is that it's going to be really good -- especially with this awesome cast. Unfortunately (on several levels), I'm afraid the general population won't be all that interested in the subject matter.

For me, it's one of the top films that I'm looking forward to... This all happened when I was too young to even realize I was gay, but the 70s still remain a fascinating,exciting, and disturbing time to visit.

So cool that James F made these statements!

Posted by: k | Apr 24, 2008 1:14:11 AM

5. Everything I've heard and read about this movie is that it's going to be really good -- especially with this awesome cast. Unfortunately (on several levels), I'm afraid the general population won't be all that interested in the subject matter.

So cool that James F made these statements!

Posted by: k | Apr 24, 2008 1:14:53 AM

6. to be frank, mr. franco makes me weak in the knees. he's a purdy, purdy man.

Posted by: nic | Apr 24, 2008 2:13:02 AM

7. Ted, he wasn't experimenting. He's gay. He had a long time b/f until recently but even before they broke up he hit on every hot guy that passed his way.

Posted by: secretagentman | Apr 24, 2008 10:15:13 AM

8. Does James Franco have the cutest smile in the universe or what? Holy moly. I just want to squeeze him!

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Apr 24, 2008 11:01:35 AM

9. Does James Franco have the cutest smile in the universe or what? Holy moly. I just want to squeeze him!

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Apr 24, 2008 11:01:59 AM