I'm Gay | News | Seattle

Real World: Seattle's Stephen: I'm Gay

Rw1

Stephen from The Real World: Seattle accepted an award for his castmate Irene at The Real World Awards Bash: Roast 'Em and Toast 'Em (yes, the show has been on so long they have awards for it now). Stephen also announced that he's gay and he's getting married.

Said Stephen: "I am engaged. I'm engaged now. I'm getting ready to hitch it and it's actually with my partner (Sheldon, below) and he's a really great guy and I'm very much in love and very proud of his achievements and looking forward to achieving a lot together."

Rw2

You may remember the controversial moment when Stephen opened a car door and slapped Irene during that season. Apparently there's still a lot of lingering anger. At the awards, Stephen and Seattle's Nathan got into it as Nathan accused Stephen of lying about having made up with Irene while accepting the award on stage.

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Real World: Seattle's Stephen Finally Comes OUT At Real World Awards Bash... & Fights Again [guytv blog]

Comments

1. Stephen is a douche. It doesn't matter if he was "in the closet." His behavior speaks for itself. People shouldn't treat others the way he has. BTW. Hilarious, that Irene was right!!!! I'm sure she gets some satisfaction from that. It's great that she didn't go to that "egomaniac-fest." Everyone at that party seemed like a tool.

Posted by: Bill | Apr 4, 2008 10:19:28 AM

2. Irene is a personal hero of mine. Stephen is/was a total bitch and hypocrite and SOOOO deserved to be outed.

And don't forget his arrests for prostitution and grand theft auto. He stole a Camry. Complete douchebag.

And David set my loins ablaze during that season. That cheshire grin, those eyes and his accent? Sign me up.

Posted by: theo | Apr 5, 2008 1:57:34 AM

3. I don't condone what that asshole Stephen did because he was wrong, you simply don't put your hands on a woman under any circumstances but I'm confused about all the animosity and anger David and Nathan have toward Stephen now ten years later. David and Nathan didn't seem angry about the incident back then, after all they kept Stephen in the house and still talked to him! Why be mad about it ten years later? Although Stephen was wrong, Irene was too. Its not like she was some sweet and innocent angel herself. She started the whole thing. Its not really so much of the fact that Irene called him gay but its the sneaky and underhanded way she went about it. She asked to speak to him outside as though she had good intentions when she knew her intentions were cruel then outed him and laughed about it. It was almost as if she was trying to make this out of a comedy sketch or something. I guess she wanted to go out with a bang and she did literally. She was mental instiution crazy and should have never been on the show. David even said they both were wrong during the Real World Reunion in 2000 now hes trying to act as though she did no wrong, what a faker. I always figured Stephen was gay too but it wasn't Irene's place to out him, as he was still in the closet back then. That idiot CT needs shut the fuck up and get a life and a real job (how many rr/rw challeges is he gonna do) he has no place to confront anyone. He's violent idiot himself and physically placed his hand on Adam during the RR Paris as well as the last challenge. I think he's capable of putting his hands on a woman as well. Nathan looks a old, aging, hot ass mess like he could be somebody's grandfather. There is no reason for a person in their thirties to look that tore up unless hes sick or something, maybe he is.

Posted by: Whatever | Apr 5, 2008 5:12:28 AM

4. Real World is so trashy and disgusting. I blame MTV for so much of our youth's fucked up mentality. The only good Real World was the first one in NY and the SF one. The only good gay to come out of this series has been Pedro.

Posted by: chuy | Apr 6, 2008 11:28:25 AM

5. I'm just glad CT is no longer in Paris. Imagine what the French thought of Americans after meeting THAT lump of raging stupidity.
    I disagree with the comment that Pedro Zamora was the ONLY good gay on the Real World. Chris from Chicago was wonderful. Dan from Miami has turned into a great writer. The Irish gay guy in Paris was nice though MTV almost never showed him. And Danny from New Orleans was terrific. He became America's Gay Sweetheart.

Posted by: Hephaestion | Apr 6, 2008 2:09:55 PM

6. MTV is still around?

Posted by: Matty | Apr 6, 2008 2:46:32 PM

7. The show has gone completely downhill. I haven't kept up with the new seasons. But I do remember the older ones (Chicago and before) --

I have to agree with the praise for Pedro putting a "face" on homosexuality and AIDS with dignity and courage. At the time (early 90s), it was very important for young people to see that.

Chris was a neutered wuss. Tonya and Theo called him a sinner and faggot right to his face. And he just stared at them like a deer in headlights, and then ran off to Aneesa for help (who apparently took on the role of 'Great Lesbian Protector' that season). Chris, dude, you're German (not French). Fight back already.

I don't know what to think about Dan. Just from the video, sometimes he seems like an OK person to hang around with. At other times though, he was an obnoxious bitch.

Danny was drunk most of the time. He also cheated on his BF during the season. And he got his jizz all over the diary room. Nothing a little Lysol can't cure, but it's not exactly a Pedro moment there.

Posted by: John | Apr 6, 2008 2:58:40 PM

8. Mr.Stephen,he is honest.I saw his profile on website "LOVINGRICH COM" ,seeking for a BOYFRIEND.At that time i was confused , and i am clear now.

Posted by: steven | Apr 6, 2008 10:16:49 PM

9. The last good Real World was Las Vegas

But after the creators[Mary-Ellis Bunim & Jonathan Murray] of the Real World stopped producing, it went down hill and was all about finding pretty people to to have sex and get drunk.

The first one NYC was the ultimate. That was the real world, real people with lives and careers and struggles.

NYC LA San Francisco Miami (I couldn't get into the one in London)Seatle Boston (Hawaii I hated)

I think Irene asked for it. I don't believe that people should be able to say whatever they want rudly and it's ok. Word are powerful and the way Irene did it was humiliating. Even Stevens roomates who acted all self righteously laughed when they saw the video tape when Irene said what she said.

Posted by: Tyler Anthony | Apr 10, 2008 9:35:46 AM