Fashion Men | Marc Jacobs | News

BigGayDeal.com

Friends of Marc Jacobs Worried He's 'Pulling a Halston'

Jacobsmarc

Page Six says friends of designer Marc Jacobs, pictured here outside this week's Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala with an unknown date, are concerned he's burning the candle at the wrong end: "He spends most of his time partying until morning in Paris. It's out of control. There's always a different boy and everyone is worried he's going to pull a Halston."

Gawker recently chronicled his romantic comings and goings...

Comments

1. The man is just having some fun in his life.
    His creative work doesn't seem to be suffering, so what's the problem??

Should he stay home alone and watch Lifetime, like a proper aging queen?

I'm glad he's out there rocking that hot new body, and boy toy!

Posted by: michael | May 8, 2008 3:28:39 PM

2. So what?.Let him enjoy life.He deserves it.Gawker must be a green company, by the comments (envy) of Marc.Come on guys, yes you, get a life and leave those of us hitting as many flowers (get it) as possible alone.

Posted by: Oscar | May 8, 2008 3:29:23 PM

3. All right, OSCAR! I don't know what you said, but I liked the way you said it. Go on and whup them flowers, man!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 8, 2008 3:36:49 PM

4. Better to die in a gutter in a pool of your own vomit after a night out dancing and having fun than home alone a sad and lonely figure watching reruns of "The Golden Girls".

Fuck what people think! I'm gonna be like Zelda Kaplan, my idol, who at 91 is still going strong, a true club-hopping party girl.

Posted by: Chad | May 8, 2008 3:51:32 PM

5. that dude is fucking hot

Posted by: b mac | May 8, 2008 3:52:32 PM

6. I meant to add, Marc looks really hot in that picture. There are always haters.

Posted by: Chad | May 8, 2008 3:55:47 PM

7. Go Marc! If I had the money and the body (he has both) I would be plowing through every piece of ass that dropped in my lap, too!

Hot men doing what hot men do.

When he tanks it all over a crystal meth addiction, THEN you got the right to wag tounges at him. Until them, fuck'n A, babe!

Posted by: Rad | May 8, 2008 3:58:40 PM

8. Pulling a Halston? What does that imply?

Posted by: anon | May 8, 2008 4:02:02 PM

9. Um, He's an adult !!!

Let the man be.

Posted by: Maverick69 | May 8, 2008 4:10:44 PM

10. as soon as I am able, I am following in his footsteps...isn't it like, th american dream? what's the problem?? do we just like to judge??

Posted by: rich | May 8, 2008 4:11:57 PM

11. So his friends are concerned about the fact that he may be killing himself with drugs and unsafe sex, and all of you are applauding it?

There is a middle ground. He's talked in the past about his problems with depression. Endless partying can obviously be a manifestation of that. Believe me, I know. I see nothing to celebrate here. The mere fact that he plays out his dramas in public shows a Britney-esque instability that to me is slightly tragic.

Oh, and it hurts my eyes to look at his skin. He obviously owns several tanning beds, and apparently sleeps in them for that George Hamilton look.

Posted by: Paul R | May 8, 2008 4:24:49 PM

12. It's hard to take a guy with chunky looking earrings seriously as a "designer".

Posted by: Rich | May 8, 2008 4:28:26 PM

13. The guy with Marc is named Lorenzo who is a total sweetie. I also saw them together at a party last weekend in Chelsea.

Posted by: Brett | May 8, 2008 4:29:13 PM

14. Damn.

Being geigh has become too fricken complicated.

I give up.

I'm going home to bake some FISH and totally veg out on the Lifetime Movie Channel.

Posted by: banjiboi | May 8, 2008 4:57:52 PM

15. Does lorenzo chareg as much as Erik Rhodes or the guy with jacobs' name tattooed on his arm?

Posted by: Rich | May 8, 2008 5:06:24 PM

16. The commenters at this site are bipolar. Madonna gets called a skank whore. But this tool is "just having fun" and "living the American dream."

Heavy sigh.

Posted by: crispy | May 8, 2008 5:18:46 PM

17. He's a grownup and is perfectly capable of making his own decisions, however healthy OR self-destructive they may be. And I still wonder why stories like this are considered "news".

Posted by: Raybob | May 8, 2008 5:21:38 PM

18. I don't care what the man does, but did I read correctly that some of the folks think he looks "hot?" Uh, he looks like he has already pulled a Halston in that pic. You know, "got ahold of a bad weenie."

Posted by: Andy | May 8, 2008 5:53:00 PM

19. People pay attention to these reports because Marc Jacobs is a celebrity. His personal life is not really our business but he has confirmed in Harper's Bazaar that he checked into rehab for drugs and alcohol — for the second time — in March 2007 after the curtain fell at Louis Vuitton's fall show in Paris. This probably means that he is an alcoholic and/or a drug addict. He has admitted to having an addictive personality. It's very difficult to stay sober.
    Roy Halston was an iconic american fashion designer and Studio 54 regular. In 1990, he died of lung cancer from complications of AIDS. Despite his achievements, his increasing drug use and failure to meet deadlines undermined his success. In 1984 he was fired from his own company and lost the right to design and sell clothes under his own name. Halston (he only used one name) is considered by many to be america's best-ever fashion superstar.
    Instead of judging Marc Jacobs, why don't we offer support and wish him the best.

Posted by: excy | May 8, 2008 6:44:53 PM

20. What does "he's going to pull a Halston" mean? What did Halston do?

Posted by: Hephaestion | May 8, 2008 7:32:29 PM

21. Hephaestion, can you read? Excy (courtesy of Wikipedia) explained in the post above yours.

Posted by: Me | May 8, 2008 8:44:48 PM

22. He's living like typical gay trash-the kind people think of when they think of gays-empty garbage.

Posted by: nikko | May 9, 2008 3:15:01 AM

23. When I was young, before the world was run by lonely lawyers, I partied 'till dawn with beautiful boys in Paris. Thank God I did. Wouldn't you?
    What else would you do if you were young, free and in Paris?
    Stay in alone reading de Beauvoir while flicking your Disque Bleu into your glass of milk?

Posted by: Nonplussed | May 9, 2008 6:16:31 AM

24. I hope MJ and his business partner get some help. LVMH will only bail them out for so long.

Posted by: z | May 9, 2008 8:02:21 AM

25. Mr. Jacob's sexual behavior is totally his business. He should have fun, play safe, and love the one he's with.
    Re: substance abuse, however . . . . This is apparently a story about an addict suffering a relapse. And the fact that anyone would stand on the sidelines and cheer is pathetic.

Posted by: kimmer007 | May 9, 2008 12:42:58 PM