Magazines | Models | News

VMan/Ford Models Modeling Contest Winner Announced

Vman1

LAst week I posted the finalists, in the Vman/Ford Models Model search who were on their way to L.A. for a photo shoot with Hedi Slimane.

Well, the winner has been crowned and his name is Petey. Whether or not you agree with the "types" chosen, as you can see, compared to their audition photos, a little hair and make-up and a photographer, Hedi Slimane, who knows what he's doing can go quite a long way. Styling by Nicola Formichetti.

Check out the runners up and their shots, AFTER THE JUMP...

Vman2

Vman3

This is AJ, above. And Adam, below.

Vman4

related modeling poses
Finalists Announced for VMan/Ford Models Model Search [tr]
Karl Lagerfeld Worships Model Brad Kroenig in New York [tr]
David Gandy the New Dolce & Gabbana Briefs Dandy [tr]
Kerry Degman and Oraine Barrett Steam Up Out's Hot Issue [tr]
The Eyes Have it [tr]

Comments

1. Hmm, 21 Jump Street & Dancing with Myself come to mind when I see these lads. I hate random 80s flashbacks.

Posted by: Barry | May 29, 2008 8:14:22 AM

2. These pictures make me feel nothing.

Posted by: Miles | May 29, 2008 8:19:13 AM

3. Proving that with the right lighting and makeup even the blankest of canvases can take a good photograph. The anti-thesis of what I find attractive but I am not in the target demographic, thankfully. They may grow into interesting faces but right now they remain mere potential.

Posted by: rudy | May 29, 2008 8:48:12 AM

4. Sorry kids, he's hot. Sorry he is not Mario Lopez or Mr Ronaldo whom all seem to gush over here.

Lovely lips and striking features.

Posted by: John | May 29, 2008 9:57:17 AM

5. Rudy, that's because we like character, isn't it? These lads, while pretty, are like watching adolescent boys discover themselves. Kudos to Hedi for replaying the rediscovered ideals of the 30s (Germany), 40s, and 50s (America) all twisted together to look like the already retreaded (perhaps retarded) 80s. Guess which one's which.

Barry, spot on. What a riot.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 29, 2008 9:57:44 AM

6. Geez, jealous much? They're hot. It's ok to be hot. They may not be my particular type, but for all these people so confused, or "just can't see it" types, grow up.

And spare me the "I look for character" types. Please, if any one of these twinkies came on to you, you'd be making for the nearest dark alley like a conservative looking for a, well, dark alley.

Posted by: SPOT | May 29, 2008 11:54:28 AM

7. BOR-ing boys that look like high maintenance. They gotta do better than this to make me want to buy their clothes.

Posted by: Kyle Michel Sullivan | May 29, 2008 1:23:10 PM

8. While not striking, Petey definitely calls back to a young Johnny Depp. Which was probably hot when Johnny Depp was young. Making a comeback? Perhaps.

Posted by: Sean | May 29, 2008 1:26:00 PM

9. Please, if any one of these twinkies came on to you, you'd be making for the nearest dark alley like a conservative looking for a, well, dark alley.

Um, NO. I don't find them attractive in the slightest, because, you know, we don't all find the same things attractive. I like 40-60 year old guys who look like they work in a bank, so these twinks do nothing for me.

Posted by: Henry Holland | May 29, 2008 6:34:56 PM

10. Where is Leni Riefenstall (sp?) and that Dr. Mengele fellow when we need them. That last model looks like a cross between Adolf's hitleryouth wet dream and a 50's screen punk in a Brando motorcycle flick.

Posted by: Brett | May 29, 2008 8:46:48 PM