Calvin Klein | Fashion Men | Garrett Neff | Magazines | News

BigGayDeal.com

A Garrett Neff Explosion

Neff4

Model of the moment Garrett Neff, known to many as the face and body of Calvin Klein Man and Calvin Klein jeans, seems to be everywhere these days. Out just posted a Georgia O'Keefe-inspired shoot featuring the beauty called "Splendid Isolation" shot by Greg Lotus which you can check out here (and with regard to the previous post, let's hope that antler was one shed naturally).

Neff is also featured prominently in the new "Sport & Beaute" issue of L'Officiel Hommes, below.

One more shot from inside that shoot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Garrettneff

Neff2

You can find a preview of this here, here, and here.

Previously
Garrett Neff for Calvin Klein Jeans [tr]
Fabien Baron Looks Back for Calvin Klein Man with Garrett Neff [tr]

Comments

1. I might have a Garrett Neff Explosion this morning!

Posted by: JohnOB | Jun 5, 2008 12:08:18 PM

2. I too just had a Garrett explosion, Neff-said!

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jun 5, 2008 12:31:36 PM

3. He's certainly handsome, and well built and with all the exaggerated proportions that help the lens, but there is something about him that I find chilly and un-sexy. Not like I haven't melted like a teenaged girl in the presence of other models (like the tiny Tyson Beckford) but this one, eh, not so much. I think the one thing that hides from the lens in this case is any hint of personality, and that is something (I've learned, having shot a couple of models' portfolios) that can't be adjusted.

Posted by: Father Tony | Jun 5, 2008 12:34:58 PM

4. I hear what your sayin'. I do however believe that a good photog plays a part in bringing out the personality of his model.

Though I don't think CK chose him to sell jeans due to his personality. ;)

Posted by: JohnOB | Jun 5, 2008 1:04:48 PM

5. Father Tony hit the nail on the head.

I also find him a bit cold and un-sexy. Don't get me wrong... he's clearly beautiful, and that body is just ridiculous. But these images just don't grab me in my pink bits.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jun 5, 2008 1:12:23 PM

6. I concur with everyone in the "unsexy" camp. The model is simply doing what he's told. He's not engaged. Even vapid young men like Ashton Kutcher can exude a kind of sexuality in the most slapsticky, pants-dropping scenario, by communicating some wink of sly knowing. This guy left the shoot and said, "I dunno...they told me to hold onto some antlers."

Posted by: ld | Jun 5, 2008 1:23:05 PM

7. The elk antler is an odd prop. Looks like a natural shed. It wold be easy to tell in person. The Western US is full of sheds. A smallish 6 pt. but would be paired and attached to some skull if it was harvested. Not many dudes get to pop a decent bull in their life and these get mounted for the wall or tacked up on the garage.

Posted by: wildlbio | Jun 5, 2008 1:52:00 PM

8. The antler prop is a rip-off of the great George Platt Lynes -- who was draping gorgeous naked studs over antlers long before most of y'all were even born.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 5, 2008 2:48:22 PM

9. He's too beefy. Definitely not high fashion.

Posted by: Eh | Jun 5, 2008 6:13:14 PM

10. I'm sure CK (aka Closet Kase) had a wonderful time auditioning this one.

Posted by: dezboy | Jun 5, 2008 7:43:41 PM

11. I like Garrett, but he look like a geek turned model. Something about him is sexy and un-sexy at the same time. He has a weird look. He also looks like the male Paris Hilton to me.

Posted by: Base1 | Jun 7, 2008 5:30:42 AM