Blogs

BigGayDeal.com

Oh, Boy

About three years ago, I wrote Andy Towle a fan e-mail after discovering and swiftly becoming addicted to his excellent blog. I told him I’d wanted to start my own, but his was exactly what I had in mind so he had saved me a lot of work.

Six months later, unable to resist spending all my free time pouring out my heart for no pay, I launched Boy Culture. I wrote him again to ask his opinion and advice, which he gave freely.

Now, Andy has asked me to take over Towleroad through Thursday. I’m honored and will do my best to bring you what we’ve all come to expect from Towleroad while adding a dash of my own sensibility. I look forward to your feedback and am open to suggestions anytime at mattrett@aol.com.

Comments

1. Welcome aboard, Matthew!

Posted by: Danny | Jun 30, 2008 8:12:55 AM

2. love your blog. good luck this week...not that youll be needing it.

Posted by: chris | Jun 30, 2008 8:37:20 AM

3. Oooh, I love Boy Culture too! Well done on the post so far Matthew. Happy Pride everyone!!!

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Jun 30, 2008 9:29:56 AM

4. Glad to have you, Matt. You're doing great so far with the shower pics in the news. Keep it up boy!

Posted by: Adam | Jun 30, 2008 10:11:41 AM

5. Matthew--

So glad that you're here this week. I love BOY CULTURE (usually visit it right after Towleroad!) and I'm happy that this place is in good hands.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 30, 2008 11:29:04 AM

6. I like your twist to towleroad, Mr. Matthew. Have fun this week!

Posted by: Mark | Jun 30, 2008 12:08:15 PM

7. I was telling a friend about Towleroad, but was thinking, "Man, should have waited until Andy comes back to have him check it out." I would have been wrong. Excellent coverage, Matthew.

Posted by: Aaron | Jun 30, 2008 11:47:38 PM

8. So far, so good, Matthew. Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Jeff | Jul 1, 2008 4:54:18 AM

9. Hello my name is Merle Dean Shamblin and I would like to be your new friend. I sure could use somebody to chat with. I am a 48 year old long haul truck driver who currently lives in Weatherford Oklahoma. Dec 8th 1960 I was born in Fairview Oklahoma. Moved to Caddo and Washita counties where I attended school at Colony Hydro and Weatherford. My parents Malvin and Wanda Shamblin were cotton and peanut farmers. Dad died in 99 from lung cancer. Graduated from SWOSU with a business degree. My two sisters are LaDonna Hubert and Malva Burrahm. Dennis is my brother. I have been a truck driver for 15 years and have driven 2 million paid miles. I have received many safe driving awards over the years. I am single and have never been married. I have a wide range of interests and am pretty much an open book. Currently I drive a 2006 Freightliner for a major carrier. I dont go to Canada very often. I dont have a dedicated route so I run the entire lower 48. I enjoy reading cinema music sports travel etc. I am gay and looking for a travel buddy.

Posted by: Merle Dean Shamblin | Apr 9, 2009 11:51:23 PM

10. Hello my name is Merle Dean Shamblin and I would like to be your new friend. I sure could use somebody to chat with. I am a 48 year old long haul truck driver who currently lives in Weatherford Oklahoma. Dec 8th 1960 I was born in Fairview Oklahoma. Moved to Caddo and Washita counties where I attended school at Colony Hydro and Weatherford. My parents Malvin and Wanda Shamblin were cotton and peanut farmers. Dad died in 99 from lung cancer. Graduated from SWOSU with a business degree. My two sisters are LaDonna Hubert and Malva Burrahm. Dennis is my brother. I have been a truck driver for 15 years and have driven 2 million paid miles. I have received many safe driving awards over the years. I am single and have never been married. I have a wide range of interests and am pretty much an open book. Currently I drive a 2006 Freightliner for a major carrier. I dont go to Canada very often. I dont have a dedicated route so I run the entire lower 48. I enjoy reading cinema music sports travel etc. I am gay and looking for a travel buddy.

Posted by: Merle Dean Shamblin | Apr 9, 2009 11:51:47 PM