Barack Obama | Bearforce1 | News | Rudy Giuliani | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #312

BIG JOHN: Republican Sentaor John Cornyn's insane political ad.

RUDY GIULIANI: He's back, he's tanned, he's rested, he's 9/11.

YES, WE CAN: The Obama message is taking over.

SHAKE THAT THING: Bearforce1 is back with a new number!

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here.

Comments

1. I love that car commercial.

Posted by: Chas | Jun 19, 2008 5:33:36 PM

2. that kia ad is a joke right?
    oh god i hope it is for the sake of america

Posted by: mark | Jun 19, 2008 5:43:34 PM

3. The Kia Ad . . . Everything is bigger in Texas. Even the *ssholes

Posted by: farfromhome | Jun 19, 2008 5:56:52 PM

4. God, Texans are...exhausting. The arrogance, the dick-waving, the machismo, and of course George W. Whatta combo.

Maybe I just really like cheese, but that Bearforce 1 song is frighteningly catchy. I've watched it twice, and will probably watch it again soon. I could totally play that track at a party.

Posted by: Dback | Jun 19, 2008 6:05:58 PM

5. Well - the Texas ad sucked...but maybe big John could strike up a deal with BF1 for a couple of spots!

Posted by: Mark | Jun 19, 2008 6:38:57 PM

6. OK, so apparently the Obamabashers (not including the reasonable critics) peppering this site hate ANYTHING to do with him, including a car commercial and the entire state of Texas. WOOOOOW! That's way beyond simply critiquing a candidate for president. It's pure, seething hatred. Ridiculous.

Posted by: Chas | Jun 19, 2008 6:40:07 PM

7. Oh shit, nevermind! I'm realizing the Texas bashing is RE: the Coryn ad. My bad! (The Obama ad is also for a dealership in Texas.)

But still, let's not bash the entire state of Texas for one assholes hokey ad. Every state produces asshole politicians.

Posted by: Chas | Jun 19, 2008 6:45:26 PM

8. Cashed in, He should be tanned, No we Can't and I'm not that gay!

Posted by: Br!on | Jun 19, 2008 6:51:41 PM

9. I could watch that BIG JOHN commercial all day. It is freaking hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. Unfortunately, this is not a spoof from the Daily Show. Gotta love Tezas!

Posted by: Thoma | Jun 19, 2008 7:08:13 PM

10. My first thought on Coryn was that it looks like something from SNL. I can't wait until Jon Stewart gets a hold of it. He is such a schmuck. Big Douche Bag is more like it.

As for Mayor 9/11, it's going to be fun to see him get shot down with all the dirt he is carrying, Kerik's trial is due to start in the fall, just in time for the election. Rudy had the balls to tell the GOP he would campaign around the country, but only if he gets a slice of the pie to pay off his failed run. What a shit.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jun 19, 2008 7:22:39 PM

11. I can't believe no one has mentioned that the John ad seems to be voiced by the DELICIOUS SAM ELLIOT! I could ride Sam Elliot's moustache all day.

Posted by: Strepsi | Jun 19, 2008 8:02:36 PM

12. Yeah, Bearforce--I can't quite get my brain around them. Are they really a group? Or is this some elaborate joke? Their videos are like long Mentos ads.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 19, 2008 8:21:25 PM

13. As a native Texan, I'm embarrassed even to post. Firstly, I live in Dallas and that car ad is for real. I cringe every time it comes on in that split second before hitting the advance button on the TiVo remote. That cheesy ass car dealership's tag line on their other ads is, "if we can't beat a new car Kia deal in Texas, we'll just give it to ya." A Ford dealership runs ads with that comic relief cowboy from Blazing Saddles whose name I do not know. Dallas is a big car market.

As for Cornyn, that made me want to puke. I'm so relieved to know he's doing the lord's work. What a fucknut. I'm not sure which was worse, the harmonizing, or the fringe on that coat.

Help defeat this fucker once and for all. Go to his Democratic opponent's website and make a donation. Even if it's only ten bucks, every little bit helps. I'm also hopeful we can get that CUNT Kay Bailey Hutchison run out of office when her time is up.

And for the record, I've never owned a pair of boots or a cowboy hat.

Posted by: Brad | Jun 20, 2008 12:20:11 AM

14. The hypnotic chants of "Big John...Big John..." is going to stay with me all week.

Posted by: FlipX | Jun 20, 2008 3:42:11 AM

15. Senator John Cornpole-Cornhole is a complete and total asshole. We have hope this summer that the Dem Noriega will take him out of office for good in November. Cornhole is the epitome of everything that is wrong here in Tex-Ass

Posted by: Bostonian Queer in Dallas | Jun 20, 2008 8:26:30 AM

16. Texas politicians always have to pretend to be cowboys. Every single political ad has horses and chaps and all the drag. Big John is running scared, or at least he ought to be. He is facing serious competition from Democrat Rick Noriega, an actual veteran, not a chicken hawk.

Posted by: sam | Jun 20, 2008 8:59:05 AM

17. Re the "Obama" ad...it's an ad, just a commercial, not the cleverest I've ever seen but I certainly wouldn't categorize it as "Obama bashing."

Posted by: Jim | Jun 20, 2008 9:18:31 AM

18. Bear Force? Um. OK. It's really and truly jumped the shark. Time to shave.

Posted by: JAL | Jun 20, 2008 9:35:42 AM

19. Bear Force? Um. OK. It's really and truly jumped the shark. Time to shave.

Posted by: JAL | Jun 20, 2008 9:36:11 AM

20. Bear Force? Um. OK. It's really and truly jumped the shark. Time to shave.

Posted by: JAL | Jun 20, 2008 9:36:31 AM

21. Bearforce1 is cute. The videos and dancing aren't so slick, but the singing is pretty good. They're cuddly and hairy. Good for them--especially the one in the speedo!

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jun 20, 2008 10:23:07 AM

22. Let's not generalize Texas' 23 million citizens, folks. I've seen some lame shit come out of your state(s), too.

Posted by: Stephen | Jun 20, 2008 2:30:20 PM