Antonio Sabato, Jr. | Chelsea Handler | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Antonio Sabato Jr Can't Decide if He'd Choose To Be Gay or Stupid

Sabato1

On last night's Chelsea Lately, Antonio Sabato Jr. was on talking about his role on General Hospital: Night Shift, a prime time spin-off which looks at the nocturnal activities of characters related to the daytime soap. After showing a clip in which the gay innuendo runs high (screencap below), they get into a discussion of whether Antonio would rather be gay or stupid, as he looks either/or in the clip. I've transcribed it for you:

CHELSEA: So in that scene you're with a guy, is there a gay storyline there?

SABATO JR: No not for me, no.

CHELSEA: Okay, a little bit on the show is there?

SABATO JR: There is, actually. There is. There always has to be a gay storyline these days, otherwise they're not hip.

CHELSEA: Okay. But you - because I looked at your body on there and I would think to myself, you're either gay or really stupid. Anyone who has a body that looks like you - and it's the same with women - you're ether really gay or really dumb...So if you had to choose gay or stupid what would you choose? If you had to be one what would you choose?

SABATO JR: I gotta be political, that's a tough question.

CHELSEA: (whispers) Just say gay.

SABATO JR: No, I won't answer that.

Apparently he's stupid. And the conversation continues to confirm that.

CHELSEA: You're very handsome you obviously know that. You were a Calvin Klein model.

SABATO JR: I don't know I'm handsome. I don't get up in the morning and go I'm handsome.

CHELSEA: Oh please. Yes of course you do.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Sabato2

Comments

1. I lost all respect for the guy years ago during is MTV cribs bit.

He had a fll size manaquin with a full size realistic batman outfit on it in either his bedroom or livingroom. He raved and raed about it more han any other thing in his house.

You just can't respect a grown man with a life size batman outfit on full display in their house.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jul 30, 2008 11:35:10 AM

2. So, a guy nobody can remember on a show nobody watches... Yeah, let's talk about it all day!

Posted by: anon | Jul 30, 2008 11:48:06 AM

3. "you just can't respect a grown man with a life size batman outfit...in their house."

Unless they want you to dress up & play Robin... ;)

Posted by: basis4insanity | Jul 30, 2008 11:51:25 AM

4. one of the sexiest men alive

Posted by: daveynyc | Jul 30, 2008 12:15:50 PM

5. Maybe he was just distracted by Chelsea Handler's (that IS a drag name, right?) voice, given that it makes Harvey Fierstein sound like Betty Boop.

Posted by: christopher | Jul 30, 2008 12:19:42 PM

6. LOL basis4insanity

It was years ago, but from what I remember.....he was almost drooling when talking about it. Almost like he kneeled before it each night and worshiped the mannequin dressed up in the batman outfit.

At the end he showed off his motorcycle which had the batman symbol all over it.

The dude has a serious batman fetish.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Jul 30, 2008 12:40:28 PM

7. He's got issues, no doubt about it, but he's still hot in a loser way (like someone you'd do during a drug-filled weekend and film it).

Chelsea however is funnier than shit. She'd be a total blast to get drunk with.

Posted by: Chad | Jul 30, 2008 1:24:11 PM

8. I always thought Antonio was BBD(beautiful but dumb). And I seem to remember him as being pretty gay friendly, with a very large gay following. I never read anything alluding to him being any way homophobic, but I could be wrong. Any way, he seems like a nice enough guy to me and in my younger years I've been known to take home more than one BBD trick. Even a few that if you shook them you could hear the hayseeds rattle. They were always good sex and fun for the evening. But I was looking for sex, not an intellectual debate. Even now I find Antonio physically attractive and sure wouldn't kick him out of bed. Not that I'd ever have a shot at him...

Posted by: Bob R | Jul 30, 2008 2:27:33 PM

9. i love chelsea handler...anybody who watches her show or has read her books knows that she loves to just fuck with people(sometimes literally). and if people actually take her too seriously..jokes on them..and most of you commenting on here..its like a someone who is being sarcastic and or joking around has to be explained..makes me feel like most of you commenting dont have a funny bone at all..

Posted by: Dusty | Jul 30, 2008 3:00:07 PM

10. Chelsea Handler can do no wrong. I heart her.

Posted by: Chad | Jul 30, 2008 3:17:25 PM

11. Ha ha.

She's filthy, I love her.

Posted by: thin mint | Jul 30, 2008 3:24:05 PM

12. no more comments.

Posted by: ken | Jul 30, 2008 3:34:44 PM

13. What an asshat.

Posted by: Adam | Jul 30, 2008 4:29:41 PM

14. blah blah blah...say what you will about the man, but I'd still hit it, flip it over and hit it again. I suspect many of you wouldn't exactly kick him out of bed either.

Posted by: Matty | Jul 30, 2008 4:29:42 PM

15. I FEEL THAT IF I AM SECURE WITH MYSELF AND MY SEXUALITY, I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS WHAT ANYONE ELSE IS DOING IN THE BEDROOM AS LONG AS I DONT GET THE WET SPOT.
    WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL HERE, GAY, BI,STRAIGHT, BLACK, WHITE, ASIAN,SHORT. TALL. THIN OR FAT, WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND NEED LOVE AND AFFECTION. THE RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS BELIEVE GOD CREATED US, YET REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT NOT ALL OF US ARE THE SAME.

Posted by: OXA | Jul 30, 2008 4:44:18 PM

16. The problem with this inherently HOMOPHOBIC and offensive question (and the even more stupid comments about buff = stupid) is it suggests that either possibility is equally damning: If you intend to corner someone with gay/stupid it means you equate one with the other as negative qualities. Because ASjr is a nice guy and not a lawyer or a politician he wasn't agressive enough to blast the bitch but she would deserve it. She would never dare to ask: would you rather n=be Black or stupid, Jew or stupid, and she would never dare to tell a beautiful woman: Oh you are so beautiful so you must be a lesbian or stupid - would she? On the other hand Jason, please don't report just anything just because someone says gay.

Posted by: Themistocle | Jul 30, 2008 5:34:34 PM

17. The problem with this inherently HOMOPHOBIC and offensive question (and the even more stupid comments about buff = stupid) is it suggests that either possibility is equally damning: If you intend to corner someone with gay/stupid it means you equate one with the other as negative qualities. Because ASjr is a nice guy and not a lawyer or a politician he wasn't agressive enough to blast the bitch but she would deserve it. She would never dare to ask: would you rather n=be Black or stupid, Jew or stupid, and she would never dare to tell a beautiful woman: Oh you are so beautiful so you must be a lesbian or stupid - would she? On the other hand Jason, please don't report just anything just because someone says gay.

Posted by: Themistocle | Jul 30, 2008 5:35:36 PM

18. He is about the most unnecessary person around these days, what a clunker

Posted by: Kudzu | Jul 30, 2008 6:42:38 PM

19. He is about the most unnecessary person around these days, what a clunker

Posted by: Kudzu | Jul 30, 2008 6:43:16 PM

20. He is about the most unnecessary person around these days, what a clunker

Posted by: Kudzu | Jul 30, 2008 6:43:25 PM

21. He is about the most unnecessary person around these days, what a clunker

Posted by: Kudzu | Jul 30, 2008 6:43:38 PM

22. I think he was a great guest and handled that well. He was gracious about it and was cool about the question.. And he's hot as hell... I think he looks good for his age. I thought it was a great interview.

Posted by: Amy | Jul 30, 2008 8:03:48 PM

23. I agree, these days, there always has to be a gay in every story line....sad.

Posted by: macy | Jul 30, 2008 9:26:30 PM

24. Gay or straight, smart or dumb, he's obviously doing something right...body still looks good, he's still getting gigs, d-list or not...and he's probably not spending his evenings posting comments online..

Posted by: mike | Jul 30, 2008 10:17:13 PM

25. she should have tested his stupidity by asking him if he's able to post a comment on a website without doubling up...

Posted by: parker | Jul 30, 2008 10:21:22 PM