News | Ross Palombo

BigGayDeal.com

Changes Coming at CBS News on LOGO?

Towleroad hears that KENS 5 San Antonio news anchor Ross Palombo has been chosen to head up LOGO's "CBS News on LOGO" programming.

PalomboThe network's original news anchor, Jason Bellini, left to pursue other projects, prompting the network to revamp its format. We hear that the name "CBS News on LOGO" may be out the window as well, in favor of something tied in with LOGO's 365gay news site, which it acquired in 2006.

Palombo previously reported for KCBS in Los Angeles and for a number of years was the lead reporter for KRON and KGO in San Francisco.

Check out Palombo behind the KENS San Antonio anchor desk, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Nice looking guy. Seems a bit stiff, like either his suit's too tight or he doesn't stretch after the workouts. I wonder what kind of makeover CBS will give him once he gets to New York.

Shepard Smith, Anderson Cooper, Ross Palombo... As a gay jew, I'm proud to see the other 'part' of my heritage identity taking over the media. Finally it'll take attention away from the jew part, which is too busy trying to figure out how to avoid capital losses in this wintry economic climate.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 22, 2008 10:46:04 PM

2. That's awesome. I remember him from San Francisco. He was pretty good. I agree... In the clips he seems a bit stiff and could use a bit of a makeover. I don't remember his being that way here... Oh well, greatly deserved regardless. Go Ross Polombo.

Posted by: Scott | Jul 22, 2008 10:52:46 PM

3. Too stiff? Needs to stretch? What are you guys talking about? Ross looks great--like a pro and sounds like a real anchor. Plus, he's got actual on-the-ground and in-the-newsroom experience. (Full disclosure: I went to college with the guy; he's smart and dependable, the real deal.) We should all be supportive--and thankful. A talented openly gay anchor benefits us all. So... Congrats to Palombo. Can't wait to see the changes at Logo once he's on board and settled in.

Posted by: PinkPerv | Jul 23, 2008 12:42:31 AM

4. Too stiff? Needs to stretch? What are you guys talking about? Ross looks great--like a pro and sounds like a real anchor. Plus, he's got actual on-the-ground and in-the-newsroom experience. (Full disclosure: I went to college with the guy; he's smart and dependable, the real deal.) We should all be supportive--and thankful. A talented openly gay anchor benefits us all. So... Congrats to Palombo. Can't wait to see the changes at Logo once he's on board and settled in.

Posted by: PinkPerv | Jul 23, 2008 12:43:33 AM

5. Couldn't they get Tucker Carlson?

Posted by: charlie | Jul 23, 2008 12:43:43 AM

6. Yeah, he's professional, and I think he's hot, but what's the scoop on the 3 people injured in the toilet give-away??

Posted by: Carl | Jul 23, 2008 1:50:55 AM

7. Y'all are full of it. He's not "too stiff"; he has great posture and is stretching his diaphram, as taught, to give breath support to his voice. He also corrected the "hand chop," which could have become a distraction. RP is damn handsome and gets extra credit for properly pronouncing the name "Hernandez" (silent 'h'). Articulate, good-looking, professional, and gay; he hit a grand slam for a TV newsman.

Posted by: rudy | Jul 23, 2008 7:31:30 AM

8. Y'all are full of it. He's not "too stiff"; he has great posture and is stretching his diaphram, as taught, to give breath support to his voice. He also corrected the "hand chop," which could have become a distraction. RP is damn handsome and gets extra credit for properly pronouncing the name "Hernandez" (silent 'h'). Articulate, good-looking, professional, and gay; he hit a grand slam for a TV newsman.

Posted by: rudy | Jul 23, 2008 7:32:41 AM

9. Sorry for the DP. I only clicked on "post" once. Looks like the blog gremlins have returned.

Posted by: rudy | Jul 23, 2008 7:34:20 AM

10. LOL @ Carl. I wondered the same thing.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 23, 2008 8:08:11 AM

11. his loud, strident voice gave me a headache. not to mention the non-news he was yelling to the camera.

Posted by: rouquinricain | Jul 23, 2008 8:25:31 AM

12. Glad to hear it - this guy seems good (so far) cause that Jason Bellini was a total pratt

Posted by: Robehr | Jul 23, 2008 8:29:23 AM

13. His haircut needs a makeover, maybe a modern, more relaxed or shorter cut style would do. He looks way too conservative right now.
    I'm sad to here that Jason Belini is leaving, I thought he was great. I just hope that Itay Hod stays on, now he's a cutie.

Posted by: tooboot | Jul 23, 2008 8:37:31 AM

14. Ok, Ross'll do. But where's Bellini going? He set the standard for "mainstream" gay cable news. I'll miss HIM...

Posted by: OhNoJoe | Jul 23, 2008 9:29:47 AM

15. Yuck!

Posted by: Martin | Jul 23, 2008 10:18:11 AM

16. YES!!! I could NOT stand Jason Bellini! His reporting skills looked like a middle schooler on a school TV news show! Blah!

Posted by: KFLO | Jul 23, 2008 10:51:54 AM

17. what about iety hodd?

Posted by: willy | Jul 23, 2008 2:04:41 PM

18. Seems like I kind of halfway remember him on the air in Los Angeles. Doesn't seem stiff to me, but I think I'm just glad to see people in media and news come out. Cause he just came out, right? I only wish my stupid Time Warner Cable in LA carried Logo. Oh well.

Posted by: Derrick | Jul 23, 2008 3:20:34 PM

19. ROSS is not only HOT - he is a REAL news anchor. I actually felt like I was watching the REAL news for the 1st time on LOGO. Great change with Ross...not sure I like the new name, sounds to website-ish....

Posted by: James | Aug 22, 2008 1:02:09 AM

20. James, are you serious? I thought the guy sounded like a used car salesman. Annoying voice, and odd face too. Also thought he was on for way too much of the show; they should give their reporter Itay Hod more air time.

Posted by: Ted | Aug 24, 2008 10:48:30 PM

21. watched the show... ross was terrible.

Posted by: Ira | Aug 24, 2008 10:59:07 PM

22. I saw him tonight for the first time. My first impression was he'd be right at home hosting Inside Edition or Access Hollywood. Not too impresses. Jason B. kinda grew on me over time. Maybe this guy will too...

Posted by: Seth | Aug 29, 2008 12:29:49 AM

23. Greeteings, All !
    Coming from a military background and surviving 9/11, with a partner of almost 30 years, I feel I have something to say here.
    Ross Palombo is a suave, polished and handsome newscaster whom people will take seriously. I do miss J.B., but since he decided to leave, Ross is the perfect person for the job. He will add a great deal of credibility to our newscasting. Give him a chance and you will see. I feel we should welcome him and give him an opportunity to show us that he is indeed, the right person for the job and a very positive representation of our LGBT community.

Mac.