Immigration | Lance Bass | News | Relationships

Lance Bass' New Man Has a Wife

Bass

Lance Bass has a new trainer boyfriend. Should the relationship endure, they may have some things to work out down the road.

Via Page Six: "Leal, who is Italian but was born and raised in Brazil, married US citizen Jessica Gannon nine years ago - and never got a divorce. The two separated three years ago, due to what Gannon told us through a rep were 'irreconcilable differences.' She added, 'We continue to love each other. He was, is and always will be my best friend.' One pal of Bass and Leal told us the news will be no shock to Bass because 'Lance and Sebastian are very open with each other and have no secrets.' A rep for Bass, who contacted Leal as well, declined to comment."

According to some, however, Leal wasn't married for heterosexual reasons.

Comments

1. What is it with these high-profile gay men and their imported boyfriends?

Posted by: Rad | Jul 21, 2008 12:24:13 PM

2. The Perez Hilton account is a bit goofy... So he's been married for 9 years but would lose his status if he divorces now? How long does it take now?

And no: even if Lance did "step up to the plate and marry him" it wouldn't be "so he can stay." Not until the Uniting American Families Act is passed.

Why is it so many people, even some gay people (Perez!!), seem so blase or ignorant about discrimination against binational couples?

Posted by: kevinvt | Jul 21, 2008 12:30:17 PM

3. I'm not high-profile, but I live in Kentucky, and believe me: I have to at least import from out of state to get anyone of quality!

Posted by: J.P. | Jul 21, 2008 12:32:31 PM

4. I still have no idea what Mr Bass does(never really read the stories featuring him), but I know one thing: his husband is sexy. I wouldn't mind having an Italian raised in Brazil, or a Braziian raised in Italy, or a Puerto Rican raised in Camden. (I think the third choice is best for me.)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 21, 2008 12:37:26 PM

5. A good question, KevinVT. Ignorance and callousness abounds on the issue.

Posted by: Sportin' Life | Jul 21, 2008 12:57:00 PM

6. This story would be a non-issue if the U.S. would stop discriminating against gay couples. At least in Spain I could stay if I chose to marry my boyfriend.

Either gays are too promiscuous and anti-family to want marriage (in some people's eyes), or when gays create families and demand the right to marry, gay marriage is deemed immoral. Utter hypocrisy.

Posted by: JTluvr | Jul 21, 2008 1:15:17 PM

7. I love the way Page Six picks up an old Perez Hilton scoop and presents it as their scoop. What a bunch of wankers.

And yes Perez is an idiot to tell his millions of young readers that gay people can have any Federal benefits by marrying each other. He is a total idiot.

Posted by: dezboy | Jul 21, 2008 1:33:26 PM

8. Oh, hang on a minute. I know Sebastian. He works the front desk at my gym. Completely sweet guy that I've been shamelessly flirting with for 2 years. Seems he's done better. :( Oh well.

Posted by: freddie | Jul 21, 2008 1:53:44 PM

9. I don't know why but I just can't stand Lance Bass.

That's all.

Posted by: thevegasstyleguy | Jul 21, 2008 1:57:36 PM

10. is lance bass anything else besides a professional dater?

Posted by: alguien | Jul 21, 2008 2:11:24 PM

11. They could always run away together to outer space.

Posted by: anon | Jul 21, 2008 2:45:46 PM

12. Perez is an ass, a gay basher and heartless fat loser that uses people to promote his stupid immature website, why people support him i don't know...

Posted by: patch | Jul 21, 2008 3:15:55 PM

13. At least he is doing Wetback, not Bareback.

Posted by: Richard S | Jul 21, 2008 4:11:29 PM

14. Please warn us when a link goes to that pig Perez's site.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jul 21, 2008 4:27:06 PM

15. Just in case we've forgotten our 2nd class citizenship, it's nice of Perez, even if he's too ignorant to actually understand what he's saying himself, to remind us that sham straight marriages come with like way more benefits than real gay ones.

Posted by: Ernie | Jul 21, 2008 6:00:02 PM

16. RAD..Perez didn't mention how long they wee married but I am guessing it wasn't very long.

Posted by: Mydoona | Sep 19, 2008 7:55:08 PM

17. How does Lance get the super hot boyfriends? I need his recipe.

Posted by: Brendan | Sep 20, 2008 12:58:49 AM