Crime | News | Nightlife | Orlando

Two People Stabbed at Parliament House Nightclub in Orlando

It's not often you hear about stabbings at gay clubs, but that's what happened last night at Orlando's Parliament House:

Parliament_3"It happened around 1 a.m. Wednesday at the Parliament House on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando. According to police, four people got into a fight in the bathroom. Police said two men were stabbed by one woman and one man. A third man was trampled during the incident, but he was not seriously hurt. The two stabbing victims were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center. One man is in critical condition and the other in serious condition. Two men were arrested at the scene. No names have been released."

According to MyFox Orlando: "Investigators checking witness statements to determine what exactly started the fight, which may have been a result from an earlier altercation last week."

In March 2007, there was a shootout at Studz bar in Orlando, and in June 2006, we posted about an attack and robbery that occurred outside the Parliament House.

You may have missed...
Orlando Orders Male Nipples Erased from WWE Billboard [tr]

Comments

1. UM! IT WAS HIP HOP NIGHT..

Posted by: jombi | Jul 23, 2008 9:51:55 AM

2. Hmmm - a Tuesday night event...bet it was a hip-hop night and this was chocolate people involved - no surprise there

Posted by: suspish | Jul 23, 2008 9:55:13 AM

3. the Parliament House has had a sleazy rep for years. Not surprised.

Posted by: Rich | Jul 23, 2008 9:56:56 AM

4. I visited once in the late 80s and found it wonderfully trashy.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jul 23, 2008 10:38:33 AM

5. Uhh, racist much!?!?! That's like someone commenting on all of the White people at PH passing around HIV (at least back in the 90's; I haven't lived in O-town a long time). So what if it was hip hop night and the people involved were Black? A crime is a crime, it should be punished not used to incite racism and hate. God forbid if a gay person gets attacked at a straight club on "gay night".

Do better people.

Posted by: Christian | Jul 23, 2008 10:46:31 AM

6. Ignore the racist remark, someone just trying to stir the pot. I go there all the time and have never felt threatened. There are plenty of nice strangers who will help me back to my room when I have had a bit too much. Not that there have been a lot, mind you.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jul 23, 2008 11:07:00 AM

7. I thought CHURCHILL-Y was banned from commenting on Towleroad[insert sarcasm].

This story is sad indeed...

Posted by: Shabaka | Jul 23, 2008 12:46:07 PM

8. I investigated a violent murder there in the early 80's which formed the basis for the book, "Murder Most Gay." Not surprised by stabbings, and in fact surprised it doesn't happen more often in the rooms.

Posted by: john | Jul 23, 2008 12:48:40 PM

9. I remember quite a string of stabbings at Tracks in DC in the late 80s and early 90s. And there was a shooting at the End Up in San Francisco a few years ago.

But all were on the clubs' non-gay nights. We queens have better things to do at clubs than attack each other---physically at least. Well, with physical violence at least. Most of the time.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 23, 2008 3:16:36 PM

10. I got poked once there, but never stabbed. Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Posted by: Boris | Jul 23, 2008 3:59:26 PM

11. I live in Orlando and frequent P-House with my buddies all the time. The music's great and it's a fun and packed-house to dance, drink, and have a cool time. It's not the club's fault this attack occurred. It's the fault of the idiots (regardless of their skin color) inside the club that decided to commit such a horrible and stupid act. Incidentally, the news report I read said the attack occurred when a girlfriend started arguing with her boyfriend and stabbed him in retalliation.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Jul 23, 2008 4:49:14 PM

12. Shit happens. I have been to P-House more times than I can count. It doesn't deserve a bad rep because some idiots brought violence to what is usually a pretty lax bar.

Posted by: JF | Jul 23, 2008 5:12:49 PM