Dennis Miller | Gay Marriage | News

Dennis Miller Has no Issue with Gay Marriage, Just Homophobic Terrorists

Miller

Comedian-turned-pundit Dennis Miller calls his political beliefs "eclectic pragmatism" in an interview with Politico:

"I’m a moderate in some degree because I have wildly swinging opinions but through some sort of ideological feng shui they end up in the middle. Some swing far to the left, others to the far right. I’m for the war, but I’m also for gay marriage. I don’t care if two folks with the same genitalia want to get hitched, I just don’t want some a—hole from another country coming over here and blowing up their wedding to make a political statement."

Comments

1. The middle?

BS

If you ever have seen or heard him since the begining of the bush years = 100% repub neocon

Living in CA and wanting to resurrect his career in holywood? Of course he is pro gay marriage otherwise he would be DOA

What a neo-con bull shiter

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Aug 11, 2008 2:11:15 PM

2. Gee thanks Dennis. I love it when straights get it right. I prefer not to genitalia shop, as I am comfortable with what I know.
    He is usually pretty unwatchable though....

Posted by: Ty | Aug 11, 2008 2:18:04 PM

3. Yeah for Dennis Miller!

Posted by: Obamalet | Aug 11, 2008 2:19:17 PM

4. zzzzzzz....

what's chad white up to?

Posted by: Dan B | Aug 11, 2008 2:25:52 PM

5. Um, thanks, Dennis?

Posted by: JeffRob | Aug 11, 2008 2:26:22 PM

6. Not to worry, Dennis, there are plenty of homophobic a-holes in THIS country that would love to blow up a gay wedding.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Aug 11, 2008 2:26:51 PM

7. So, Dennis... terrorists wanting to make a religious statement only come from overseas?

I laud his sentiment, but Muslim extremists are not the ones shooting up gay-accepting churches.

Posted by: Rad | Aug 11, 2008 2:32:06 PM

8. JERAEEMIKE has a point. And most of the homophobic a-holes in THIS country that would love to blow up a gay wedding vote Republican. Right along with douchebag Dennis Miller.

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 11, 2008 2:33:20 PM

9. I think the first line of this post should have read:
    "Comedian"-turned-pundit Dennis Miller...

The only reason he was ever even moderatly successful (I'm being generous) is that he was vaguely attractive 25 years ago and everyone was pretty hammered by the time SNL came on Saturday evenings.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Aug 11, 2008 2:35:22 PM

10. That's interesting because I can't think of a single bombing of something gay (like say, a gay bar in Atlanta) or any other terrorist act against gays (like church shootings or the burning of gay churches in America) that were carried out by "a--holes from another country". As far as I know all of our anti-gay terrorists have been born and bred 'murkans.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 11, 2008 2:41:57 PM

11. STILL a Size XXL asshat!!! And NB: photo in front of flag Photoshopped.

PS: has Obama succeeded in grabbing this ball back yet? Last I looked McShame was scoring with the "he was wrong about the surge" rant. SO NOT THE POINT and Americans need to be reminded about it! German concentration camps worked well, too, and they mastered the gas chambers disguised as showers thing. By McShame's logic that makes genocide applause worthy.

Recently saw an Iraqi realistically answer the question, "Should the Americans withdraw?" Yes, he said, but only after they put back together the country they tore apart.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Aug 11, 2008 2:57:21 PM

12. A has-been trying to embrace the inevitable. He voted for George W. Bush twice...what else do you need to know?

Posted by: JJ | Aug 11, 2008 2:58:13 PM

13. I used to really like Dennis Miller and his HOB specials/RANTS..but once I realized how FAR RIGHT he leaned...I was totally turned OFF and TUNED OUT! Interestinghow he says he's FOR the WAR..Guess he doesn't mind his kids/grandkids having to Pay-back this 10 Trillion dollar debt (brought to you BY the GOP)..or Dennis, how about the GOP trying to Legislate your daughter Uterus?

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 11, 2008 3:09:33 PM

14. Sorry FIXED spelling:

I used to really like Dennis Miller and his HBO specials/RANTS..but once I realized how FAR RIGHT he leaned...I was totally Turned OFF and TUNED OUT! Interesting how he says he's all FOR the WAR..Guess he doesn't mind his kids/grandkids having to Pay-back this 10 Trillion dollar debt (brought to you BY the GOP)..or Dennis, how about the GOP trying to Legislate your daughter's Uterus?

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 11, 2008 3:11:44 PM

15. ... never cared for him and knew nothing of his politics until now but of course everybody here is right: it's not the muslim terrorists gays have to worry about it's our own homegrown merkuns... so maybe the war is working... ha.... the irony of it all...

Posted by: the queen | Aug 11, 2008 3:27:23 PM

16. You can tell how strongly the political winds have shifted when someone like Dennis Miller is trying to emphasize his liberal side.

Posted by: Miles | Aug 11, 2008 3:36:46 PM

17. Dennis MIller is still a rightwing conservative pig and the fact that he is for gay marriage doesnt change the fact that he supports and votes for all the people that are violently against gay rights of any sort.

Posted by: Chad | Aug 11, 2008 4:17:28 PM

18. You guys are so fickle. I am so glad to be single so I don't have to deal with this drama from anyone in my bed. He is supporting us! You are all ranting on the comment about blowing up a gay wedding--it was a joke that incorporated his support for gay people getting married. Give it a rest, crazies and be happy someone who isn't so far left that they only support things for attention thinks we should have the right to marry.

Posted by: JD | Aug 11, 2008 6:11:59 PM

19. Well I suppose those fanatics Dennis is talking about are too busy hanging gays in place like Iran.

Trust me, if they had the chance they would do it here.

Posted by: Kathleen | Aug 11, 2008 10:21:32 PM

20. Dennis Miller is an ass!

Posted by: William Miller | Aug 12, 2008 6:54:06 AM

21. He's "FOR" the war but not quite for it enough to go and put his life on the line ... much rather stay stateside and spew his hateful rants ... for me there is always a problem with hate comedy, it seems that the hate always overshadows the comedy ...

Posted by: Michael | Aug 17, 2008 6:24:41 PM