News | Television | Thomas Jane

Fun with Dick and Jane

Thomas_jane

Actor Thomas Jane has landed the top role in an HBO pilot about a guy who uses his massive gift to get ahead:

"The dark comedy pilot, directed by Oscar winner Alexander Payne, centers on Ray (Jane), a well-endowed struggling middle-age high school basketball coach who figures out a way to use his best asset."

And a Thomas Jane "sizzle" reel, courtesy of I am a TV Junkie, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. didn't sidney sheldon write a book where the hero had a big dick can't remember the title it's been ages...

Posted by: the queen | Aug 5, 2008 11:59:25 AM

2. Let's hope he really is hung, can you imagine the groupies expecting at least 7 inches from him.

Posted by: ty | Aug 5, 2008 12:02:16 PM

3. Hi, dear. Was that title "All This And Heaven Too"? Well, it shoulda' been.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 5, 2008 12:06:35 PM

4. For the full frontal, rent the movie Stander where Thomas frolics on the beach nude.

Posted by: Dan | Aug 5, 2008 12:14:32 PM

5. Is there a scene where he and Aaron Eckhard make out?

Posted by: LD | Aug 5, 2008 12:28:34 PM

6. Um, my high school gym teachers (or basketball coaches, whatever) NEVER looked anything like Thomas Jane. Why couldn't I go to his high school?

Posted by: Donny B | Aug 5, 2008 12:49:04 PM

7. Thanks for the BW pic Andy. He looks unbelievably gorgeous in that. *sigh*

Posted by: troposphere | Aug 5, 2008 12:59:22 PM

8. Oh, Evan. It must get lonely in your sad little world.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 5, 2008 1:02:15 PM

9. No, CRISPY. EVAN is on an admirable mission...but "muscular & butch" will always win over "artistic & sensitive".

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 5, 2008 1:09:19 PM

10. Great headline for story: "Fun with Dick and Jane." But shouldn't it be, "Fun with dick and Jane"? Just kidding....

Posted by: gr8guyca | Aug 5, 2008 1:12:52 PM

11. Thanks, Andy.

Mmmmmmm, Hung.

Posted by: Joe Bua | Aug 5, 2008 1:18:16 PM

12. The first time I saw Thomas Jane was in "Deep Blue Sea" his strut was amazing. Then I saw "The Velocity of Gary" where he played a gay hustler. The opening shot of bathing with a fire hydrant got me again. I'll watch anything he's in.

Posted by: Bob West | Aug 5, 2008 1:21:24 PM

13. I had a PE coach in junior high that we all called Coach Floppy, for obvious reasons. Always wanted to get a look at it but never did.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Aug 5, 2008 1:27:27 PM

14. Thanks for the picture of a handsome man instead of the usual pretty boys. See, e.g., the blond and the blanc threesome in a previous post.

I had a PhysEd coach in mid-school that would put even the admirable Mr. Jane to shame. His actual name was "Mister Dewey" and boy did he ever make us--boys, girls, students and teachers--so.

He was also my civics teacher so I had the daily pleasure of watching him shower and dress for class. Damnation did he fill out those Jockey shorts. Even the other coaches could not help but comment on his basket.

Mr. Dewey was also the most masculine yet thoughtful and caring male teacher I ever had. He was our sponsor for the 8th grade talent show and gave several helpful suggestions.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Andy!

Posted by: rudy | Aug 5, 2008 1:44:56 PM

15. Damn, that Patricia Arquette is One Lucky (and, likely, happy) Lady....woooof.

Hello, Netflix?

K

Posted by: kile Ozier | Aug 5, 2008 2:48:55 PM

16. the queen:

the title of your aforementioned book was "the stranger in the mirror."

i'm totally covered in shame for remembering that...

Posted by: alguien | Aug 5, 2008 5:28:50 PM

17. I first saw him in Boogie Nights.
    Very hot.

Posted by: devon | Aug 5, 2008 8:08:14 PM

18. I first saw him in Boogie Nights.
    Very hot.

Posted by: devon | Aug 5, 2008 8:09:14 PM

19. Lets hope if they make him whip out a prosthetic whopper, it will look better than that dog penis Wahlberg showed off in Boogie Nights. Eeeugh. Talk about an anti-climax! LOL

Posted by: Dan | Aug 6, 2008 3:24:42 AM

20. Nice, another REAL man with actual hair on his body instead of some make-up'd, tweezed, shaved twinkie-boy.

Thanks, Andy!

Posted by: johnny | Aug 6, 2008 9:48:13 AM

21. You hos are disgusting talking about Thomas like that.. :-)
    I hate Patricia Arguette!!

Posted by: JOANIE COCKRIN | Aug 6, 2008 2:32:57 PM

22. Thomas Jane is my looooooooover.

Posted by: dave | Aug 6, 2008 4:54:18 PM

23. And it's going to series.

Posted by: Joe B. | Jan 5, 2009 1:29:10 PM