Chace Crawford | Ed Westwick | I'm Not Gay | News | Sarah Palin

Ed Westwick Says He and Chace Crawford are 'Straight as They Come'

Ed_chace

Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick douses ongoing rumors that he and co-star/roommate Chace Crawford are dating. He tells People magazine: "It's very comical. We're two lads who are very close friends, but we're straight as they come."

Besides, Crawford has a crush on McCain running mate Sarah Palin. Said Chace at the Stand Up For A Cure Concert Series at Madison Square Garden in NYC on Wednesday: "I’m not gonna lie. Sarah Palin is quite attractive."

Full Q&A AFTER THE JUMP...

Clip

(image source)

Comments

1. maybe they are straight, most young guys don't have all the hang-ups that men over 30 have about their sexuality and how they relate to buds. and for the most part young guys and women are comfortable in their own shoes and don't take labels serious, good for them.

Posted by: Shane | Sep 11, 2008 12:36:01 PM

2. Thanks, Andy. I can't make it through a week without reading a statement from these two about the fact that they are straight.

I'm glad our community has it's bigger issues all under control and we need to worry about these two.

Posted by: Danny | Sep 11, 2008 12:47:16 PM

3. Whatever they are/aren't doing sexually with one another, I don't think I have a chance.

They do have exquisite jawlines --both of them -- if the picture hasn't been doctored.

Posted by: JJ | Sep 11, 2008 12:47:17 PM

4. I'll say one thing, if they're that "straight" in public, i would just LOVE to see how "straight" they are at home, hehehe.

Posted by: SONNIE | Sep 11, 2008 12:49:12 PM

5. Andy, why the love for this story and these two? How about giving some attention to stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv7m0NF90d8

Jason Dottley from Sordid Lives, that's his stepdaughter.

Posted by: Just plain tired | Sep 11, 2008 12:51:47 PM

6. See, what happened was Chace left some boxes lying around the apartment, and I tripped over them, and my mouth fell right on his dick. That's all. No big deal.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 11, 2008 12:56:08 PM

7. If Chace is truly 'straight', and also thinks Sarah Palin is worthy of infatuation, I say don't waste any more space or time on him. I would rather read about someone else.

Posted by: Stick | Sep 11, 2008 12:58:39 PM

8. I'm not interested in the "We're straight" part so much as the "as they come" part!

Posted by: JeffRob | Sep 11, 2008 1:03:11 PM

9. Who says 17-year-olds don't shave every day? I started shaving in 7th grade, and that was before safety razors!

The real problem for the two of them, PR-wise, is that neither has been seen to date women. Are they only willing to play the game half-way?

Posted by: anon | Sep 11, 2008 1:48:19 PM

10. Whenever I think of heterosexuality the first name that springs to mind is Ed Westwick.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 11, 2008 2:03:06 PM

11. Damn

Hint Hint Hint

Real straight guys don't go around talking about how straight they are all the time. they just are. Reality needs no advertising.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 11, 2008 3:06:14 PM

12. This is a Cath 22, because if they don't say anything people assume they're gay. And when they do refute the rumors, people assume they're gay. Jimmyboyo, something tells me that even if they would have girlfriends people would still assume they are gay. It cracks me up that the generational cracks are showing in the LGBT community when is comes to bromances. Could it be that they're just really good friends. I'm sure that you have some good gay friends that you don't fuck but are as equally physically affectionate with. I think it's awesome that they're so secure in their own sexuality that they can be so touchy feely with each other.

Posted by: sugarrhill | Sep 11, 2008 3:22:04 PM

13. yeah, Sarah Palin is kinda hot...that makes her fuckable, not electable. There's a difference.

Posted by: mcQ | Sep 11, 2008 3:47:08 PM

14. yeah, Sarah Palin is kinda hot...that makes her fuckable, not electable. There's a difference.

Posted by: mcQ | Sep 11, 2008 3:49:11 PM

15. I'm young and don't have hang-up's, but I'm sorry...I don't buy it. I think it's called "gaydar" for a reason, and mine says they are. It doesn't matter of course, but they make a big deal about nothing.

Of course it's all done for their 'careers'.
    Whatever.

Posted by: Patrick | Sep 11, 2008 6:04:48 PM

16. does anyone really care anymore? I was so interested in this.... last year.

Posted by: Rik | Sep 11, 2008 6:06:12 PM

17. thare no way in hell this two are straight.

Posted by: Dawnell_do | Sep 11, 2008 6:09:45 PM

18. I think he said "we're...straight as they cum"

Posted by: Puddy Katz | Sep 11, 2008 6:44:01 PM

19. They look like they been a drinkin' to me. That's a couple of shitface pieholes, yessir.

Posted by: kodiak | Sep 11, 2008 8:15:33 PM

20. They look like they been a drinkin' to me. That's a couple of shitface pieholes, yessir.

Posted by: kodiak | Sep 11, 2008 8:17:21 PM

21. Andy,

Come on, why waste space with this crap? Look, the guys say they're straight. Why pursue this and make what could easily be a picture of two drunk straight guys seem gay? Neither guy is a known homophobe, right? They're not executive member of a big homophobic "church, right?

Where's the journalistic integrity here?

Yesterday, I was shocked that you would post a link to the nude pictures of Daniel Radcliffe. I said nothing at the t time but think it deserves to be mentioned.

Radcliffe did not pose for full scale nude photo distribution. He was naked on the stage. Many in the theater community are livid about the invasion of privacy of Radcliffe and his female co-star.

Andy, you've been pushing into journalism for a long time, especially with the coverage of the Democratic convention. You have to live up to a higher standard of journalism. Posting links to pictures like this is B.S.

A blog may not be objective but it should have some ethical standard when it reaches the notoriety and influence of Towleroad.

I'm very disappointed that you continue to act in such a sophomoric manner. Use some good sense. Radcliffe is just 18.

Posted by: noah | Sep 11, 2008 10:21:52 PM

22. I don't believe for a second that either of them is straight, but I also don't care about them. Their show is at the bottom of the ratings barrel, their whole network is likely to not exist this time next year and when this show is over, I doubt we will ever see or hear of either of them again.

Til they make the rounds in a few years to "bravely" proclaim their gayness, that is.

Posted by: paul | Sep 11, 2008 10:58:29 PM

23. I've been with guys who were straight right after they came, but not until then.

Posted by: Rey | Sep 12, 2008 12:20:00 AM

24. Westwick and Crawford may be Straight

Crawford and JC Chasez on the other hand...

Posted by: Wirrrn | Sep 12, 2008 1:20:51 AM