First Look: Oliver Stone’s Bush Administration

Stonebushadministration

Here’s a look at the Bush adminstration as seen through the eyes of Oliver Stone. W opens October 17th.

Via Vanity Fair: “Jeffrey Wright as Colin Powell, Toby Jones as Karl Rove, Dennis Boutsikaris as Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Dreyfuss as Dick Cheney, Josh Brolin as George W. Bush, Thandie Newton as Condoleezza Rice, Rob Corddry as Ari Fleischer, Bruce McGill as George Tenet, and Scott Glenn as Donald Rumsfeld.”

You may have missed…
You’re a Bush, Act Like One [tr]
Oliver Stone’s Bush Flick: Fade in on Turdblossom, Frat Hazing … [tr]
Oliver Stone’s W Teaser Poster Features List of Bushisms [tr]

Comments

1. Derrick from Philly says

Movie actors always look better than real people. Maybe it’s the make-up? Well, anyway, Condi aint never looked as good as that actress, Thandie Newton. And Josh Brolin. Please… there aint been a Bush that looked as good as Brolin in 400 years…well, maybe the Mexican-American Bush’s have changed that…you know, Jeb’s kids.

2. Disgusted american says

I like Oliver Stone movies..but I won’t waste my money watching anything that has to do with Bush – unless it was a movie about his & cheney’s arrest/conviction and hangings at the Hague!

3. Tom says

How courageous, how truly ballsy of these actors to pick such a daring, contrarian film that challenges the world views of their peers, the Hollywood community and America.

Seriously, who the hell would want to watch this crap? Only the most die-hard Bush haters and netroots freaks. Regular Americans, most of whom are anti-Bush, will be craving escapist fare in an age when everything is falling apart.

4. anon says

Richard Dreyfuss! Noooooo! He’ll probably be literally foaming at the mouth or wear a Darth Vader suit in his typically understated role as VP. Otherwise, it looks like it might be fun.

5. Matt says

Sorry Oliver. I see another flop in your future just like Alexander. I mean we have all lived these past eight years. I highly doubt people will want to pay $10.00+ dollars to see it replayed again.

6. Alex in Boston says

I agree with Matt, and i have stated the same feeling – after living with the bush fiasco these past 8 years why would I or any other intelligent person want to sit through this BS — yes if the ending were true and judicial and they were all charged and sentenced for crimes against humanity as well as abuse of the Power of the Office of President then fine! But otherwise burn the tapes and the film!

7. Alex in Boston says

8. says

I heard Ari Fleischer speak at his alma mater, zzzz. I see the follicular resemblance (Rob I find oddly sexy, Ari not so much), but Rob will have to drain every ounce of personality from his body to play that role.