Crime | Great Britain | News

Cannibal Murderer Mr. Gay UK Sentenced; Will Plan Restaurant Menu

Former Mr. Gay UK Anthony Morley was sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in prison yesterday for killing his lover Damien Oldfield and eating part of his flesh after cooking it.

MorleyBut apparently he won't be idle behind bars:

"Last night Morley’s best pal Michael Graham, 25, revealed the cannibal had agreed to help him run his new restaurant from behind bars. Mr Graham will receive weekly food consultations from the killer – a former chef at a Leeds hotel – when he visits him in the city’s Armley Prison. He said Morley will design the menu and give him cooking tips for his Citrus restaurant in Leeds. Mr Graham said: 'He’s a brilliant chef, much better than me, so it makes sense to learn from him. Tony can do a lot for the place even though he’s on the inside. I can’t understand why he did what he did but it won’t put me off. He’s made me countless meals and they’ve all been wonderful. Customers can be assured all our meat will be fresh from the best butcher in town."

Bon appetit.

Comments

1. Try the priest!

Posted by: 24play | Oct 21, 2008 1:01:02 PM

2. Is it really good?

Posted by: Sweeney | Oct 21, 2008 1:25:28 PM

3. jesus fucking christ...what an idiot!

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 21, 2008 1:33:24 PM

4. How ironic.

Just like one of the survivors from the Donner Party who opened a restaurant.

Posted by: Nick | Oct 21, 2008 1:35:11 PM

5. He's not just a convicted killer, he's a CANNIBAL, and you want to get recipes for your restaurant from HIM? I can see the initial food critic reviews now. Closed within a week.

Posted by: RS | Oct 21, 2008 1:50:53 PM

6. The best pies in London!

Posted by: Sam | Oct 21, 2008 2:01:51 PM

7. The best pies in London!

Posted by: Sam | Oct 21, 2008 2:02:35 PM

8. " I can't understand what he did BUT IT WON'T PUT ME OFF??!! Are you serious?! If not a cannibal murderer, then what will put you off, you cold hearted snake?!

Posted by: nikko | Oct 21, 2008 3:05:41 PM

9. Um... check please!

Posted by: Giovanni | Oct 21, 2008 4:01:50 PM

10. I understand sticking by a friend who obviously has a severe mental illness, but to use a crime like this as lurid advertising? That's pretty fucking low.

Posted by: Distingué Traces | Oct 21, 2008 4:10:25 PM

11. The one who was murdered was a hustler who was just sponging off Morley, I know the type, I say cook him up!

Posted by: Ty | Oct 21, 2008 8:46:09 PM

12. "Try the Priest" - Heh

TODD: These are desperate times, Mrs. Lovett, and desperate measures are called for!
    LOVETT: Here we are, now! Hot out of the oven!
    TODD: What is that?
    LOVETT: It's priest. Have a little priest.
    TODD: Is it really good?
    LOVETT: Sir, it's too good, at least! Then again, they don't commit sins of the flesh, So it's pretty fresh.
    TODD: Awful lot of fat.
    LOVETT: Only where it sat.
    TODD: Haven't you got poet, or something like that?
    LOVETT: No, y'see, the trouble with poet is 'Ow do you know it's deceased? Try the priest!
    TODD: Heavenly! Not as hearty as bishop, perhaps, but then again, not as bland as curate, either!
    LOVETT: And good for business, too -- always leaves you wantin' more! Trouble is, we only get it on Sundays! Lawyer's rather nice.
    TODD: If it's for a price.
    LOVETT: Order something else, though, to follow, Since no one should swallow it twice!
    TODD: Anything that's lean.
    LOVETT: Well, then, if you're British and loyal, You might enjoy Royal Marine! Anyway, it's clean. Though of course, it tastes of wherever it's been!
    TODD: Is that squire, On the fire?
    LOVETT: Mercy no, sir, look closer, You'll notice it's grocer!
    TODD: Looks thicker, More like vicar!
    LOVETT: No, it has to be grocer -- It's green!
    TODD: The history of the world, my love --
    LOVETT: Save a lot of graves, Do a lot of relatives favors!
    TODD: Is those below serving those up above!
    LOVETT: Ev'rybody shaves, So there should be plenty of flavors!
    TODD: How gratifying for once to know
    BOTH: That those above will serve those down below!
    LOVETT: (spoken) Now let's see, here... We've got tinker.
    TODD: Something... pinker.
    LOVETT: Tailor?
    TODD: Paler.
    LOVETT: Butler?
    TODD: Subtler.
    LOVETT: Potter?
    TODD: Hotter.
    LOVETT: Locksmith? Lovely bit of clerk.
    TODD: Maybe for a lark.
    LOVETT: Then again there's sweep If you want it cheap And you like it dark! Try the financier, Peak of his career!
    TODD: That looks pretty rank.
    LOVETT: Well, he drank, It's a bank Cashier. Never really sold. Maybe it was old.
    TODD: Have you any Beadle?
    LOVETT: Next week, so I'm told! Beadle isn't bad till you smell it and Notice 'ow well it's been greased... Stick to priest! Now then, this might be a little bit stringy, but then of course it's... fiddle player!
    TODD: No, this isn't fiddle player -- it's piccolo player!
    LOVETT: 'Ow can you tell?
    TODD: It's piping hot!
    LOVETT: Then blow on it first!
    TODD: The history of the world, my sweet --
    LOVETT: Oh, Mr. Todd, Ooh, Mr. Todd, What does it tell?
    TODD: Is who gets eaten, and who gets to eat!
    LOVETT: And, Mr. Todd, Too, Mr. Todd, Who gets to sell!
    TODD: But fortunately, it's also clear
    BOTH: That [L: But] ev'rybody goes down well with beer!
    LOVETT: Since marine doesn't appeal to you, 'ow about... rear admiral?
    TODD: Too salty. I prefer general.
    LOVETT: With, or without his privates? "With" is extra.
    TODD: What is that?
    LOVETT: It's fop. Finest in the shop. And we have some shepherd's pie peppered With actual shepherd on top! And I've just begun -- Here's the politician, so oily It's served with a doily, Have one!
    TODD: Put it on a bun. Well, you never know if it's going to run!
    LOVETT: Try the friar, Fried, it's drier!
    TODD: No, the clergy is really Too coarse and too mealy!
    LOVETT: Then actor, That's compacter!
    TODD: Yes, and always arrives overdone! I'll come again when you have JUDGE on the menu!
    LOVETT: Wait! True, we don't have judge yet, but we've got something you might fancy even better.
    TODD: What's that?
    LOVETT: Executioner!
    TODD: Have charity towards the world, my pet!
    LOVETT: Yes, yes, I know, my love!
    TODD: We'll take the customers that we can get!
    LOVETT: High-born and low, my love!
    TODD: We'll not discriminate great from small! No, we'll serve anyone, Meaning anyone,
    BOTH: And to anyone

Posted by: JamesR | Oct 21, 2008 10:13:04 PM

13. Wow, that is one of the strangest stories that I have ever heard. You would think that this is something that has come out of a horror movie or story. I can't believe that he would go and eat his lover like that. It is just insane. I still don't believe it....I need to see if there are more sources on this story. Man that is just crazy!

Posted by: locksmith Scottsdale AZ | Aug 27, 2010 10:43:13 AM

14. My goodness,he's a criminal?What came out on your mind?Even though his a good chef but it doesn't change that fact that his a criminal.

Posted by: az locksmith | Aug 31, 2010 3:05:24 AM

15. Well, they do say human is pretty hard to cook well. Perhaps this only proves how good he is. But if i went to that restaurant and found in a hair in my food....

Posted by: Mendel "Locksmith" Potok | Oct 8, 2010 11:39:01 AM