Comments

1. JeffRob says

Great shots, and he’s not just attractive, that boy is smokin. He also sounds like he’s smart enough to possibly/maybe make some wise career moves in the future.

2. Matty says

Chase Crawford? More like Joan Crawford with those brows. Someone needs to give him a reality check on how TV shows of his type work, once Gossip Girl is canceled, his career will go the way of the Dawson’s Creek, OC and original 90210 casts…nowhere.

3. bcarter3 says

I would have thought that it was impossible to make Chace Crawford look ridiculous and ugly, but Mario Testino has managed to do it. Agree w/BusyTimmy – these are the worst pictures I’ve ever seen of CC.

4. says

MATTY – I am not disagreeing that GG might be the end of the career for Chace, but I think you need to consider:

Michelle Williams – was nominated for an Oscar post Dawson’s Creek

Katie Holmes – though a prisoner of a cult is clearly enjoying career success, selling out on Broadway every day

Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty, Vanessa Marcil, Luke Perry, Jason Priestly, Lindsay Price, Joshua Jackson, Kerr Smith, Rachel Bilson, and Adam Brodie have all had at least one other successful series, or several high profile feature films.

oh and Hilary Swank, who did a season of 90210 immediately before being cast in Boys Don’t Cry. That turned out alright too.

5. SEAN says

i’m so not a fan of the pretty boy/mannequin look – as i think i’ve snarked on here before. that said, i love the whole retro look they’ve done for him. i’m actually finding him at least ‘handsome’ in these shots. it suits him more than i would’ve guessed. and i don’t know about his acting chops per se. but he does seem to have his head properly adjusted, and his radar set to ‘professionalism’ and ‘career’, which is good to see. and that he’s just not one more Hollywood Pretty Boy Party Boy. or well, not completely.

6. SEAN says

And speaking of Dawson’s Creek alum: I finally caught the pilot for “Fringe” over the weekend. A solid effort. But as much as Joshua Jackson seems like a decent and likable guy, man, he just cannot act.

7. says

He looks so much better in the random shots I’ve seen of him out and about on towleroad. Can’t say I’ve ever watched his show – or have any inclination to do so – but I have to agree with Dan B’s comment: the shows on the WB have actually turned out a lot of fairly successful careers for many of its alumni. Even James Vanderbeek, or whatever his name is, has had a few successful and/or decent movies since then.