Barack Obama | Detroit | Election 2008 | Halloween | John McCain | Michigan

BigGayDeal.com

Real-Life Witch Denies Halloween Candy to Kids of Obama Supporters

Nagel

Meet Shirley Nagel, a real-life witch and McCain supporter from suburban Detroit.

Nagel refused to give out candy to trick-or-treaters who were children of Obama supporters.

As one YouTube commenter so aptly puts it, "Thank you SHIRLEY NAGEL for sharing your bitter ignorance with the world. You are the PERFECT reminder of the change we are voting for."

UPDATE: As one of our astute commenters points out, Nagel, who was a delegate from Michigan at the Republican National Convention this year, was interviewed by Triumph the Comic Insult Dog after a few glasses of Cabernet.

Shirleynagel

Watch both clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

And here's Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the Republican National Convention. Interview with Shirley the drunk comes at 4:16.

Comments

1. The use of the term "real-life witch" is misleading. To see how the majority of REAL Witches (yes, with a capital "W") vote, I refer you to the following website: www.witchvox.com
    Most real Witches, myself included, are Obama supporters.

Posted by: Aspen | Nov 2, 2008 11:38:32 PM

2. some people are just plain sick.

Posted by: nic | Nov 3, 2008 1:10:10 AM

3. I'm surprised she was actually handing out candy. Most of the fanatically rabid McCain supporters (i.e. my next-door neighbors) believe that Halloween is evil. They don't even know the history of their religion and how most of their rituals, holy days, and traditions have pagan origins. If you don't know where you came from, how can you know where you are going?

Posted by: AggieCowboy | Nov 3, 2008 3:17:58 AM

4. aw, YOSHI, don't be that way.... had you darkened my door on halloween -- no matter if you were dressed in full log cabinette repug drag -- i would still have given you candy.

Posted by: nic | Nov 3, 2008 7:36:04 AM

5. What a very sad excuse for a human being! Interesting, I have not seen anyone on the right say much about how evil this bitch is... Oh, and trolls, save your comments and flames, I don't give a flying fuck what you pathetic morons think.

Posted by: CKNJ | Nov 3, 2008 7:44:47 AM

6. meanest grandma ever.

Posted by: mike | Nov 3, 2008 8:23:42 AM

7. I just can't believe the GOP would let her have a role in the party since she practices witchcraft. Maybe they don't know. Maybe they do now. *cackling*

Posted by: clint | Nov 3, 2008 11:39:20 AM

8. This woman is a loon. Probably miserable... cold... a bigot... close minded... all the things I don't stand for... & as a 'Real Life Witch'... Yes, I'm a witch... this woman is NOT what a witch is. Bad headline, guys! I can think of a lot of better words for her...

Posted by: Trinity | Nov 3, 2008 11:57:34 AM

9. Wow, she is one bitter bitch. Treating little like that? Hope she feels good about herself.
    Now that the entire town hates her guts.

I hope she never needs a neighbor to call 911, because I suspect they won't bother.

Posted by: Green Is Good | Nov 3, 2008 3:31:23 PM

10. She strikes me as someone who would vote for Mcain/Palin. She has that look. hahaha.

sassyandfabolous.blogspot.com

Posted by: Obama 08 | Nov 3, 2008 5:06:48 PM

11. holy fucking shit its my english teacher from 10th and 11th grade! No fucking lie!

I die!

Posted by: Mike P | Nov 3, 2008 6:25:50 PM

12. Fuck you stupid fucking liberal assholes, HE IS A FUCKING SOCIALIST WHO IS GOING TO DESTROY THE COUNTRY THOSE OF US HAVE WORKED HARD FOR. YUP, I AM REPUBLICAN, TAKE YOUR FUCKING STUPID LIBERAL, SOCIALIST ASSES TO CHINA. IF SOME STUPID OBAMA SUPPORTER DID THIS SHIT YOU WOULD BE LAUGHING AND PUTTING HER UP FOR WOMAN OF THE YEAR. FUCK YOU IDIOT, GAY LOVING, PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION DUMB ASSES.

Posted by: FUCK YOU LIBERALS | Nov 3, 2008 6:40:58 PM

13. This doesn't touch the democrat parents that made their little boy attempt to steal a McCain sign and place an Obama one in its place...plan almost worked except the guy with the McCain sign electrified it due to democrats stealing it and the boy was shocked. So to the asshole that said Republicans are using little kids now...right back at you, moron.

Posted by: Steven | Nov 3, 2008 6:44:35 PM

14. The scary part about this is that there is a person like this who is willing to stand in the name of John McCain and refuse kids of candy for Halloween.

I hope McCain and his wife condemned this type of behavior. Do you think Cindy would have done that to get votes for her husband? Here was a possibility to convert someone and she really blew that. She could have for instance, attached a list of differences between the candidates to the candy instead of hurting kids feelings. Parents would have seen that and read it and possibly thought it to be clever.

This is nothing to laugh at. Children are innocent. If a child was bleeding and his parent had an Obama sticker on his or her coat, should the hospital refuse treatment?

Next time, I wish she would just put out her lights so that no one would stop there in the first place.

Posted by: slf | Nov 3, 2008 9:10:30 PM

15. Hey, "Fuck You Liberals," I hate to break this to you, maybe she withheld candy on Halloween but she still donated blood (50 proof?) without identifying whether it was to go to a McCain or an Obama supporter, so if an Obama supporter got her blood they still got that candy, because her red-state corpuscles would have contained all the candy corn she had saved for herself to binge on beneath the banquet table at the RNC anyway! Bwahahaha, she's hoisted on her own petard! Nice try, Shirley, and thanks for playing, but this socialist will let you keep your diabetes!

Steven - McCain isn't getting my volt for President, either.

Posted by: Kristine | Nov 3, 2008 9:21:00 PM

16. to MC@aol.com, whose nom de blog is "fuck you liberals" (how mature):

if OUR nation survived 8 years of bush/cheney, what makes you think that obama will cause much harm? you and STEVEN are not well.

Posted by: nic | Nov 3, 2008 9:23:50 PM

17. No, of course Steven and FYL are not well - they ate too much of Shirley's candy! Maybe some Obama medicine will help the sugar go down.

Posted by: Kristine | Nov 3, 2008 9:40:43 PM

18. Tell Ms. Nagel what you think...
    Shirley Nagel
    465 Belanger Street
    Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
    313-884-2598

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 3, 2008 10:20:53 PM

19. I hope he does get elected. I really do, so all of you idiots can STFU. Of course, should he not, you can CRY again for at least the next 4 years how the GOP stole the election. Fucking dumb asses voting for someone who IS A SOCIALIST, SORRY IF THE TRUTH HURTS.

Posted by: OBAMA SUCKS | Nov 4, 2008 8:56:05 AM

20. Love these people who do not understand the difference between "Socialism" and "progressive taxation". Can they not think for themselves? Or that a Republican first came up with the idea of progressive taxation...sigh...

I'm off to drive those progressive-taxation-loving Obama voters to the polls! Yay!

Posted by: Jackie | Nov 4, 2008 9:57:32 AM

21. Jackie, what they're really confusing is "socialism" and "social skills." Bwahaha.

Hey, "Obama Sucks" - what hurts? What hurts? 'Cause it's not me who's feeling any pain right now. Obummer, isn't it? :-D

Posted by: Kristine | Nov 4, 2008 1:48:24 PM

22. Shirley, these are kids they cant vote.And by the way,30-years ago i was your neighbor.I never knew Shirley because i was too young.Anyhow, you can enjoy my website to forget Shirley.Its updated every 2 weeks.Click on my name above and it will take you to my site.

interesting sites from around the world.

Posted by: Randy | Nov 5, 2008 4:20:45 PM

23. Shirley, these are kids they cant vote.And by the way,30-years ago i was your neighbor.I never knew Shirley because i was too young.Anyhow, you can enjoy my website to forget Shirley.Its updated every 2 weeks.Click on my name above and it will take you to my site.

interesting sites from around the world.

Posted by: Randy | Nov 5, 2008 4:22:17 PM

24. GOD HATES FAGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Fred Phelps | Feb 12, 2009 11:44:20 AM